Release Schedule Update
We have a few updates for you regarding our plans for the next two content updates and our launch on the Steam store.
- On January 17th, we will release a smaller update with a focus on bug fixes and quality of life changes. This update will also include some additions to taming and crafting.
- On January 30th, we will roll out the Dungeon Expansion update (details in the blog post below).
- Our Steam store launch will coincide with our Frozen Tundra update which is scheduled for early Spring 2019.
We’ve decided to spend another two weeks on the dungeon expansion to give it that extra level of polish that it deserves. We’ve also committed to making some meaningful changes to balance the risk vs. reward of being an “Outcast” with regards to hunting players PvE’ing in dungeons.
The decision to launch on the Steam store with our next major content update has several benefits. The main driving factor was the need to further optimize the client to improve frame rates and stuttering. In addition, the Frozen Tundra update will release new lands, professions and dungeons which will help fuel the excitement of the Steam store launch.
“Each dungeon has been revamped to be consistent with their host environment, creating a more immersive experience to dungeon delvers.”
We’ve recently released a development blog on MassivelyOP.com that highlights our upcoming dungeon expansion. Here are the highlights:
- Our 3 wilderness dungeons, Deception, Contempt and Ruin are getting a face lift and now each have unique looks to match their locations in the world.
- All three dungeons are more than doubling in size.
- Level 2 of these dungeons contains more difficult content that is scaled for end-game and groups.
For more details and screenshots, check out the development blog post.
Discover a world forged by players, where your choices write the story. What role will you play?
- A Living, Breathing MMORPG: Explore a true open world without limitation. Build, explore and adventure with thousands of players in a living breathing world defined by you.
- Skill-Based World: Legends of Aria returns to a true skill based system. Build your character your way, be you a crafter, adventurer, merchant or humble fisherman. Hone your skills through use and play your way with a choice of over 32 unique skills.
- Return to a True Sandbox: Legends of Aria is inspired by the original sandbox MMORPGs. Experience a world that does not hold your hand. A world that is driven by you and shaped by our community. A world of dangers, where friendships, enemies made and your actions written into legend.
- Community Servers and Modding: The first MMORPG to fully support player run servers. Legends of Aria is designed to be modded from top to bottom including custom gameplay rules, custom content and even entirely custom created worlds.