Citadel Studios is an independent game developer building next-generation sandbox games inspired by legends like Ultima, EVE Online, and Star Wars Galaxies.
We’re searching for a highly talented and creative World Artist to build open world areas in our sandbox MMORPG Legends of Aria. Applicants will need to demonstrate strong artistic skills, a clear rationale in their design decisions, and a solid set of technical skills in Unity.
Remote candidates are considered.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, prototype, and build open world game areas
- Integrate models, textures, and materials into the Unity engine and set them up for use in game
- Place props, set up lighting, modify terrain, and create mood for different types of levels
- Work with other artists, designers, and programmers to create a fully functioning game world
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and building game worlds
- Experience creating maps and levels for top-down games in Unity
- Experience using different plugins and packages for terrain and vegetation creation
- Experience with 3ds max or another modeling program a plus
- Fundamental understanding of 3D gamespace and workflow
- Strong artistic skills and a good sense of aesthetic principles
- Comfortable taking initiative in a startup environment
- Passion for and broad knowledge of MMORPGs with an ability to critically analyze them
Think you’re a good fit? Email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to: email@example.com