Junior Game Designer
Citadel Studios is looking for a scripter proficient in using a text based scripting language (LUA, XML etc.) to join our development team in the role of Junior Game Designer. We are an independent and self published studio dedicated to building the next-generation sandbox games inspired by legends like Ultima, EVE Online and Star Wars Galaxies. In this role, you will be designing, scripting and implementing gameplay systems and content for a live MMORPG.
Remote candidates considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Scripting in LUA; gameplay moments such as spells & abilities, combat encounters, narrative events, and logic puzzles.
- Managing XML Templates; balance creatures, update loot drops, customizing npc appearances, etc.
- Data Driven Systems; work on large data driven systems such as crafting, food, or equipment.
- Write well commented, clean, reusable, script that can be understood and utilized by other designers.
- Stringently and accurately follow procedure in identifying, articulating and resolving bugs.
- Play test and iterate on content to ensure highest quality.
- Proficiency with LUA or similar scripting languages.
- 2+ years designing and implementing game systems.
- Experience with the Unity platform.
- Deep understanding of gameplay and game design theories and practices.
- Objective methodology towards design & problem solving.
- Highly motivated and comfortable working in a small and driven team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for our brand of virtual world MMORPGs.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position email us at: email@example.com