Citadel Studios is looking for an experienced programmer to join the development efforts for our flagship MMORPG Legends of Aria. We are an independent studio in the DC Metro Area that is dedicated to building the next-generation sandbox games inspired by legends like Ultima, EVE Online, and Minecraft. In this role, you will be working on both the server engine code (.NET/C#) and client code (Unity/C#) to implement core features for the game. Remote candidates considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement core features for the Legends of Aria multiplayer engine.
- Create in-game tools for content creation from end-to-end.
- Improve our automated player bots for load testing
- Analyze, debug and optimize core features including networking.
- Ability to work independently
- 3+ years professional experience in the game industry.
- Well rounded game programming skills
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with .NET development environment and framework
- Experience working with Unity game engine
- Experience implementing client-side UI
- Low level network programming experience
- Fluency in Lua and Python scripting languages a plus
- Experience in js/PHP web development
- Experience with NGUI (Unity Addon)
- Some graphics programming knowledge
- Experience with serialization using Google Protocol Buffers
If you feel you are a good fit for this position email us at: email@example.com