Job Title: Engine Programmer
City: Manassas, VA (Remote Candidates Considered)
Citadel Studios is looking for an experienced programmer to join the development efforts for Shards Online as a full-time independent contractor (month-to-month with 30 day notice of contract termination). We are an independent studio with a small team developing a highly anticipated online sandbox RPG. In this role, you will be working on both the server engine code (.NET/C#) and client code (Unity/C#) to implement core features for the game.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement core features for the Shards Online multiplayer engine.
- Create in-game tools for content creation from end-to-end.
- Improve our automated player bots for load testing
- Analyze, debug and optimize core features including networking.
- Ability to work independently
- 4+ years professional experience in the game industry.
- Well rounded game programming skills
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with .NET development environment and framework
- Experience working with Unity game engine
- Must have some low level network programming experience
- Experience implementing client-side UI
- Fluency in Lua and Python scripting languages a plus
- Experience in js/PHP web development
- Experience with NGUI (Unity Addon)
- Some graphics programming knowledge
- Experience with serialization using Google Protocol Buffers
If you feel you are a good fit for this position email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org