Disconnected from login server

Just bought the game. I try to log in and it says "retrieving" server. After a minute or two I get the dreaded DISCONNECTED FROM LOGIN SERVER and I'm booted back to the enter password screen.

Is there a place I can look to see if servers are down for maintenance or if there is a server update page to see what's having problems?

Comments

• Okay, I can connect to a community server when I type in an address. Is there an official server address to try?
  • Okay sorry for being a noob. Just saw official server offline on my account homepage. This was a good lesson in figuring it out on your own! Should be fun trying to learn things in game when server comes up.
  • Yeah sorry. As you figured out, you can only connect to community servers at the moment using a direct connection.

When the official server is up everything just automatically loads, including the community server list.

Many of us are hoping for a new test phase soon, because it seems the devs are making several changes. If for any reason you don’t like any of the community servers, wait for official before giving up. Community servers set their own rules and have vastly different game play.
  • I plan on having one character on a community server and one on an official server. But thanks for the "late" heads up on how it all works. Perhaps they should put the phrase SERVER DOWN somewhere on the login page......
  • Better to learn early that the CS team is not the best at communicating anything. But we believe their game will make up for it in the end.
  • Oran said:

I plan on having one character on a community server and one on an official server. But thanks for the "late" heads up on how it all works. Perhaps they should put the phrase SERVER DOWN somewhere on the login page......

It’s on the download page. It specifically states that the Closed Beta II server is down.