LoA 3d. a major pain or not that hard?

The 2.5d is abit hard to see your way at times, plus, I love the building sys in Coman Exiles. that may be hard in 2.5d...

Comments

• Are you talking about the current game status? The game is in full 3D, it’s just locked to a top down view with the added ability to zoom in.

Are you asking for a 1st to 3rd person view parameter like in WoW, FFXIV, etc...?

That would be a massive untertaking. First, the graphics would have to be reworked, textures, models, shadows, etc... Then there’s the question of their current engine. Unity has not historically played well with 1/3 view mmos, and their world files. Look at Shroud of the Avatar for an example of disaster!
  • Nefarious said:

Are you talking about the current game status? The game is in full 3D, it’s just locked to a top down view with the added ability to zoom in.

Are you asking for a 1st to 3rd person view parameter like in WoW, FFXIV, etc...?

That would be a massive untertaking. First, the graphics would have to be reworked, textures, models, shadows, etc... Then there’s the question of their current engine. Unity has not historically played well with 1/3 view mmos, and their world files. Look at Shroud of the Avatar for an example of disaster!

http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d
  • I’m aware of the Torque engine. You do realize how hard it is to change a game engine right? Everything on LoA was done on unity. It would require a complete rebuild from scratch, which would send the dev team backwards about 3 years.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a fan of the Unreal 4 engine. LoA is done in unity though, and what’s done is done. Release has taken long enough already.
  • Nefarious said:

I’m aware of the Torque engine. You do realize how hard it is to change a game engine right? Everything on LoA was done on unity. It would require a complete rebuild from scratch, which would send the dev team backwards about 3 years.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a fan of the Unreal 4 engine. LoA is done in unity though, and what’s done is done. Release has taken long enough already.

You make a great point...
  • XxTreyxXXxTreyxX United States Illinois
    If fpv gets added im out lol
  • XxTreyxX said:

If fpv gets added im out lol

It won’t, so I wouldn’t worry much.