Working Class Nerds Podcast - Legends of Aria Episode

SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
Derek 'Supreem' Brinkmann sat down with the "Working Class Nerds" podcast to talk about yesterday's announcement. Supreem gives listeners a glimpse behind the scenes about why we made the decisions we did. Jump to 25 minutes for the good stuff!

https://player.fm/series/working-class-nerds-2288815/episode-26-legends-of-aria

Comments

• Thank you Supreem, a lot of good info on the state of the game, upcoming plans, and info on the release.

I love the scrappy underdog mentality you guys have. And am thoroughly impressed with my experiences thus far. I'm all in with this game and cannot wait to see it evolve and grow!

One question I do have is the early access vs release date of the game. My understanding is that early access begins Dec 4th making the release date Dec 11th. Is that correct? Or is the releaae date Dec 4th and early access begins Nov 27th?

Thanks in advance for clarifying and keep up the great work CS team!
  • edited October 5
    Jahjohama said:

Thank you Supreem, a lot of good info on the state of the game, upcoming plans, and info on the release.

I love the scrappy underdog mentality you guys have. And am thoroughly impressed with my experiences thus far. I'm all in with this game and cannot wait to see it evolve and grow!

One question I do have is the early access vs release date of the game. My understanding is that early access begins Dec 4th making the release date Dec 11th. Is that correct? Or is the releaae date Dec 4th and early access begins Nov 27th?

Thanks in advance for clarifying and keep up the great work CS team!

Nov 27th is the 1 week head start for founders pack holders and crowd funding backers.

Dec 4th is the Early Access “Launch” date. This is the day that the game goes publicly live.

You have to distinguish between the two. Head Start is the 7 days you get to “beat the rush” while Early Access means the game has not reached it’s final stages, but is live in a fully playable format. Early access can last a long time, depending on when the developers determine they want to declare the game complete. Note: Complete does not mean there will be no content additions or expansions. It simply means that an acceptable level of completion has been reached for the game’s initial intent.
  • Awesome! Thank you for the clarification Nefarious!
  • Washington DC – October 4th, 2018 | Today, Citadel Studios is proud to announce that its flagship sandbox MMORPG Legends of Aria will be coming to Steam Early Access on December 4th, 2018. The wait is finally over, and the world of Aria is almost ready to be explored by all. All those who pre-order the game between now and December 3rd will be able to take part in the 7-Day Head Start and obtain all of the other Founder’s Packs bonuses, including the chance to lay claim to their own plots of land and build their homes before anyone else.