Road to Launch: September Update

Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
Greetings adventurers!

I know we’ve been a bit quiet these past few weeks and it’s for good reason. We are brewing something BIG! On October 4th we are announcing our Steam Early Access and Final Wipe launch date with a bang!

Our new game trailer will usher in everything on the 4th and we will be firing up the first of two contests we have planned for the lead up to launch. Additionally, our NDA experimental testing starts at the top of the month. Let me tell you that October will be much juicier than you may have anticipated. It’s gonna be ‘yuge.

In addition to the new video, we will also be fielding interviews and Q&A sessions; updating blogs and websites; and generally ramping up for Early Access in November. Most of the information will cover the systems we are planning to include for the Steam release such as a major iteration of the Karma system that fixes problems from previous releases.

We will also be talking about our housing changes and how we will be separating land ownership from houses, which opens the door for other types of structures. In turn, opening the door for more elaborate player markets. We also want to discuss our shiny new PvE mission system to provide content to those that want a more guided experience.

All of that plus Champion spawns, revised loot tables and so much more!

Now, I know all this teasing is pushing some of you close to the edge. But fear not dear adventurers, your patience and loyalty will be rewarded, both figuratively and literally!

With gusto,

streetshaman

PS If you are feeling verklempt, please ‘tawk amongst yourselves here:

https://discordapp.com/channels/120933389929807872/120933389929807872

Comments

• did you say, final wipe and head start!?!? WHOOOHOOO!!!!
  • Sounds great! Thanks for the update. Yuuuuuuuuge!
  • elevenfifty5elevenfifty5 Puget Sound
    edited September 21
  • An announcement of an announcement... *sigh*
  • Would it really be too hard to do something like this in an email:

Dear Backers,

While we've been pushing for an October Early Access Steam release, we've had to push back our release again. Like most software development we're encountering unexpected bugs and issues while developing new systems and rather than push out a broken release to you for your week head start, we want to ensure you and the others who will be joining in right after the head start have the most polished and best first experience we can offer.
    We realize we haven't had the best track record with meeting the specific date deadlines we've given in the past and for this we're sorry. Due to this we're not going to commit to a specific date, but commit to contacting you once we have the update ready to go, tested, and a specific date for release. We hope this date will be before year's end and sooner rather than later, but problems in development can't be predicted.
    In the meantime while you wait, why not check out some of the community servers to see what some of our users have built on our ever improving modding platform.
  • Saweet! Thank you for the update Iz!

• An announcement of an announcement... *sigh*

It's a gaming tradition.
  • Would it really be too hard to do something like this in an email:

Dear Backers,

Isn't that what they said? More or less? OK, less, but that is certainly the way I read it.
  • I'm pretty new to the game, but for as long as I have been here (granted its only been about 2 or 3 months) I have always heard/seen it stated it will be in October.
  • You'll learn my friend, you'll learn.
  • XxTreyxXXxTreyxX United States Illinois
    Yay, cant wait for a date so i can schedule some work off for our headstart :)
  • Awesome! So how will we founders receive our steam keys?
  • EyoniaEyonia United States
    I'm absolutely thrilled for this game to launch: I can't wait to get in an play, this game is looking to be the set up for one of the greatest MMO RPGs of all time. With lots of love, and with effort, regardless of any setbacks, I'm more than certain this game will be amazing.
  • Eyonia said:

I'm absolutely thrilled for this game to launch: I can't wait to get in an play, this game is looking to be the set up for one of the greatest MMO RPGs of all time. With lots of love, and with effort, regardless of any setbacks, I'm more than certain this game will be amazing.

I have to agree!
  • Andree said:

Awesome! So how will we founders receive our steam keys?

This, I also wonder how we will be able to log in through steam.
  • Ooh please pick Thanksgiving week for the head start!! More time to play :)
  • I'm very excited about this week's upcoming announcements. Best of luck in this final leg, Citadel!