Experimental Testing Update - Slight Delay to Oct 2nd

Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
Hello everybody!

I know many of you have been patiently waiting the for the next phases to begin and we want to thank you all for your collective patience! As everyone knows, making a video game can be a confounding process with delivery dates shifting and sliding. We've decided to delay the NDA experimental testing program until October 2nd as the experimental client still has some major issues that prevent it from being opened to wider testing.

One of these systems is Karma and we want to make sure that player options for PVP flagging are robust but not complicated. This system is almost done and will be the first thing the experimental testing folks will chew into.
In addition to Karma polish, we are redesigning our QA infrastructure and workflow so that we can collect the bug feedback from testing in a much more efficient manner. After this new QA workflow is in place, our team is going to focus on systems, wipe older bugs from the game, and get a decent coat of shine on the things that are going to stay. Early Access will be delayed slightly to reflect these changes.

We will be pushing our Early Access release into November to make sure we have enough time to tweak and balance the new systems and changes. We are zeroing in on this and more information is coming regarding an Early Access date as we round up the bugs and crank up the cogs. Nobody wants to release this game more than we do, but we firmly believe in the concept of “measure twice and cut once” before making irreversible decisions. Right now, we are doing that second measuring pass and we almost ready to cut the metaphorical ribbon. Hang in there a wee bit longer dear friends and fans, the show is almost here!

Sincerely,

Israel

Comments

• You only get one shot at release, smart to measure twice! Thank you for the update Iz!
  • Thanks for tge update!
  • RelsanctRelsanct Costa Rica
    Thanks for the update. I do not mind the delay but is November really the best time to release? With Fallout 76 and Battlefield 5 releasing mid November and also Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty at the end of October are there not concerns with the release being overshadowed?
  • ChojinChojin www.aria-france.fr
    Thx for the infos. Take your time to polish the game :)
  • Relsanct said:

Thanks for the update. I do not mind the delay but is November really the best time to release? With Fallout 76 and Battlefield 5 releasing mid November and also Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty at the end of October are there not concerns with the release being overshadowed?

Not sure how much playerbase overlap there is between LoA and first-person shooters and console exclusives.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Any news about the new trailer?
  • Wow this news is definitely suprizing.

Tip: better to tell us the release is in 2020 and then do it early in June 2019 for a surprise then to push it back 8 times. Just being honest.
  • Relsanct said:

• Corinzio said:

Relsanct said:

I agree, bad choice

• just push release on february 2019, no reason to pursue a debacle.
    Still missing an autopatching client, most of the core features are still weak, take all your time, people meantime is on community servers, noone is feeling the game missing actually i think
  • deathzarddeathzard Italy
    edited September 18
    So no possibility to play today?
  • Relsanct said:

If you think that you will only be playing this game for a month, and within that month you will accomplish everything you want, then you are not the target audience for this game.
  • beater07 said:

Wow this news is definitely suprizing.

Tip: better to tell us the release is in 2020 and then do it early in June 2019 for a surprise then to push it back 8 times. Just being honest.

Nice exaggeration there bro. You should sell commercial real estate.
  • It isn't released yet Azz, have you counted the number of times they have pushed their dates back? Actually it is more than 8. And you think this will be the last one?

Is not an exaggeration at all, learn to count.

• Squid said:

Relsanct said:

Not sure how much playerbase overlap there is between LoA and first-person shooters and console exclusives.
    Shit made me giggle.
  • beater07 said:

It isn't released yet Azz, have you counted the number of times they have pushed their dates back? Actually it is more than 8. And you think this will be the last one?

Is not an exaggeration at all, learn to count.

My point was around the dates. You jumped up by 2 months, then by 12 more. Further, this notice is a delay of the testing, not of the release. I probably shouldn't be flippant, but jumping to a release date of 2020 is outrageous.

Once a date is set with Steam, there is no more delays. As other games have learned to their (and our) sorrow.
  • Please stop announcing specific dates or months, you guys have a history of delays and it's just getting tiresome to show up on a specific date to see oops delay SOON!
  • I think that pushing back the experimental release, yet only pushing back EA to November, is an...interesting...decision.

This implies that you will be able to push out the experimental build, get enough people to test it, gather enough feedback, and fix everything, in less than 2 months.

Based on past performance, that seems a bit optimistic. However, maybe you guys hit this build out of the park - I will be happy to be wrong.
  • RelsanctRelsanct Costa Rica
    Squid said:

Relsanct said:

I do not think there is a lot of overlap, however a lot of gamers pockets may be empty and trying to get any kind of advertising out may prove difficult since those games will saturate the media.
  • edited September 24
    Nevermind
  • Do we have a time frame for tomorrow?
  • Yes, the last second of the last minute of the day in Pacific standard Time.
  • Lol, no time frame then.
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    4pm Citadel Studios Time (CST)
  • SoulySouly Russian Federation
    are you still hoping?
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    I'm hopeful everyday.
  • Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    Hey folks,

Without any of my usual oddball embellishment, I regret to announce that we have to push the NDA testing forward once again. There are few remaining issues that would prevent us from distributing the experimental client at this time.

The guys are hard at work resolving these issues and we will have the NDA testing server up as soon as we have it all worked out. No date, at least not until we are confident the matter is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

On a good note, we are still set to announce everything else on the 4th including Early Access and Headstart dates, the official Steam trailer, some upcoming contests, and more. The NDA server delay will NOT delay any other projects. Please keep an eye open for Thursday’s big announcement!

Iz.
  • Oh no! Glad you guys are taking it seriously. But it happens! Ya'll will get it right. Thanks for the update! Look forward to participating (psst..check email ^_^) Also very happy that release date will still be forthcoming!
  • Hey folks,

Without any of my usual oddball embellishment, I regret to announce that we have to push the NDA testing forward once again. There are few remaining issues that would prevent us from distributing the experimental client at this time.

The guys are hard at work resolving these issues and we will have the NDA testing server up as soon as we have it all worked out. No date, at least not until we are confident the matter is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

On a good note, we are still set to announce everything else on the 4th including Early Access and Headstart dates, the official Steam trailer, some upcoming contests, and more. The NDA server delay will NOT delay any other projects. Please keep an eye open for Thursday’s big announcement!

Iz.

T_T
  • At least we are being consistent here. ☺️