Loyalty Points / Pointed Hat

edited August 19 in General Discussion
First off, I'm not bothered about the hat - I don't like the look of it, and the colour options were not to my taste so I didn't vote.

The issue I have is, the timing of the event - I tried to stay up until 12:00 AM my time, but due to family commitments and work habits I fell asleep. I did wake up again at 4:42AM, but didn't feel like I should rush to my computer to play for 18 minutes only to find that I would be still short 42 minutes to be eligible for any rewards.

I'm sure it was set at this time because you feel that most of the player base are from the US and that's after work hours, but I don't think it's fair on players from the other parts of the world. The 5 hours window, quite frankly was too small, and at a bad time for some parts of the world.

Now I miss out on the loyalty points as well.

Comments

• Zaheen said:

The issue I have is, the timing of the event - I tried to stay up until 12:00 AM my time, but due to family commitments and work habits I fell asleep. I did wake up again at 4:42AM, but didn't feel like I should rush to my computer to play for 18 minutes only to find that I would be still short 42 minutes to be eligible for any rewards.

Sucks, but you can't please everyone.
    Zaheen said:

I'm sure it was set at this time because you feel that most of the player base are from the US and that's after work hours, but I don't think it's fair on players from the other parts of the world. The 5 hours window, quite frankly was too small, and at a bad time for some parts of the world.

A stress test has to have a small window (even 5 hours is pretty long), otherwise it just won't be stressful enough.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I've been here for years and I also missed it, sucks but nothing we can do about it.
    I just hope it went well and was useful to get the game ready.
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    Hat reward was really cool, loyalty points was way to much... a lot old timers missed it, ppl who backed quite a lot... now new accounts can have more points than old timers / huge backers... bit too much if you ask me.
  • zedzed Germany
    I come from Germany and stand up at 1am. I don`t know for how long i played. In the News they have written that you must only play a few minutes, that have i done. Now i have checked my Email and read for at least one hour. What is correct? I also dont downloaded the new Client before the stresstest. When i have played for an hour .. would i get the Awards without the new Client ? (sorry for my bad english)
  • Yeah, it's completely ridiculous. In the UK, it was 00:00. There's also no official EU server. Server lags even on LoU, though that could just be bugs. Would have been nice if the stress test was at a more decent time, for EU players. I didn't bother, was too late in the evening.
  • That's a bit shameful. I didn't know about an hour as well. Played maybe 50 minutes and then had to go (ran around with the devs in black forest). I would understand an hour commitment if it was over the weekend but for a 4 hour window, 15 mins should be sufficient.
  • To those not in USA, getting the rewards was not hard:

Step 1. Set alarm
    Step 2. Wake up, log into game
    Step 3. Go back to bed

• edited August 20
    This was one of the most ridiculous events I have ever seen in MMO game so far.

Way too short, a lot of ppl did not have a chance to log on because of the time zone, the short duration of the event etc..
    The reward was WAY too big.

Obv bad decision....

Sorry, not sorry.
  • Way too short, a lot of ppl did not have a chance to log on because of the time zone, the short duration of the event etc..
    It was a stress test. It has to have a short duration in order to actually have a chance of stressing the servers. Likewise, it was done at a generally convenient time for the highest percentage of the playerbase.
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    edited August 20
    The event was advertised for roughly 2 weeks including:

"Everyone who logs in for at least an hour during the event will receive a special hat with six points – a hat we will grant you after the servers are wiped.
    Furthermore, there will be a loyalty point reward equal to the number of players we have at the event’s peak. For example, if we max out at 817 people, then everyone who logs in between 7 PM and midnight during the event will get 817 loyalty points (even if a particular person was not on during the peak itself). So the more people you bring, the more points you can get."

https://www.legendsofaria.com/the-road-to-launch-the-plan-so-far/

There's another event focused at the end of August toward more EU friendly time. I live in the US and you bet I'll be attending that one too.

Edit: Another news post on the event - https://www.legendsofaria.com/stress-test-august-17/

Edit 2: Supreem sent emails on 8/16 as well - https://mailchi.mp/citadelstudios/play-this-weekend-and-win-a-lord-pack-2309189?e=c8fbe652d2
  • zedzed Germany
    In the News post of https://www.legendsofaria.com/stress-test-august-17/ stands that only a few minutes are enough. The Email are landed in my spam ordner so i dont read it. I hope i have played an hour and it was ok with the old Client ...
  • RelsanctRelsanct Costa Rica
    Ah bummer, missed that bit about 7-9pm, thought it was all day. I don´t remember what time it was I logged in but they wiped my character after. Hopefully I made it :neutral:
  • edited August 21
    Oh FFS - it was a stress test, which means it needs to occur WHEN the devs were available. As it was, they had to work DURING the day to make sure everything was ready, and then work that AFTER HOURS to ensure the server/network was up to the task. Lets give them some credit for ensuring there WAS a stress test, and that everything ran fairly smoothly.
  • ryan91ryan91 United States
    How do you check your loyalty points, I was there and didn't receive anything, Is the hat and loyalty points been issued when LOA goes LIVE like our founder packs