I Want to play but...

Friends,

Good Morning!

I'm trying to buy the game but I do not know if my PC runs.

Intel Celeron 1.83 GHz
4GB Ram
64 bits
Win 10

Thank you!

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Buf, barely I would say.
    Can't understand how someone can run win10 on a Celeron 1.83 with 4Gb.
  • MenorMenor Brasil
    Kalils said:

Friends,

Good Morning!

I'm trying to buy the game but I do not know if my PC runs.

Intel Celeron 1.83 GHz
    4GB Ram
    64 bits
    Win 10

Thank you!

Problably wont run. I had a GTX 460 and was barely running. You need a dedicated graphics card for this game. GTX 1050 would be fine.
  • Menor said:

Problably wont run. I had a GTX 460 and was barely running. You need a dedicated graphics card for this game. GTX 1050 would be fine.

For the love of god. Someone please explain to me, why a game with 2003-looking graphics would need a dedicated graphics card while many games today with better graphics doesn't require that.

Is this yet another "optimisation" issue that will be fixed later? What am I missing??
  • Fencce said:

Menor said:

For the love of god. Someone please explain to me, why a game with 2003-looking graphics would need a dedicated graphics card while many games today with better graphics doesn't require that.

Is this yet another "optimisation" issue that will be fixed later? What am I missing??
    Why is it when people say things like "2003 Graphics" it shows they weren't playing games back then and seemingly don't understand how much more advanced calculations GPUs are doing now with a lot of background items they take for granted now?
  • TeufelTeufel Aria
    edited August 13
    Why on earth do people in 2018 try to run games off their Commodore 64 and get pissed when they wont run?
  • Fencce said:

Menor said:

Why is it when people say things like "2003 Graphics" it shows they weren't playing games back then and seemingly don't understand how much more advanced calculations GPUs are doing now with a lot of background items they take for granted now?
    Bad expression, I know. I saw someone using it and thought it was a bit funny.
    Played Tibia during its earliest days, so don't worry - quite aware how it "used to be".
    But that's besides the point. My question still hasn't really been answered.
    Some people do claim that much of the low fps, delays and laggs are optimisation issues whule other seem to contradict that.

Any clearifications on that? Or perhaps it's just easier to pin-point language and bad use of words. I get that.
  • Outside of some regions there's not really major performance issues which could come down to some poly counts and particle effects. The mem leak fix for the client fixed the major issues I have outside of some fps drops in Black Forest. The only real issue performance wise is load line hitching and pop ins which we'll say how bad it is during a stress test as well.

I'm on by no means a beast of a rig either. If anything it's midrange especially GPU wise.
  • ZonkZonk Australia
    I've got an ancient i5 2500k/GTX 750/8gb RAM, and it runs well, excusing the memory leak issue. I'd say it drops down to the region of 30fps at the highest setting but I can get a good framerate on medium. Of course, we'll have to see how it does when there's 50+ players on screen.
    Teufel said:

Why on earth do people in 2018 try to run games off their Commodore 64 and get pissed when they wont run?

To be fair, we're not trying to run Battlefield 5 or anything here, MMOs have a reputation of being able to run on fairly basic PCs. Some games are optimized well, some are not, and people are always going to be annoyed when they can't run something that doesn't look as good as something else they can run fine. OP is maybe being a little optimistic, but there are plenty of games which look as good as LoA and would run fine on those specs, so it's always good to check.
  • Yeah I'm peaking at around 2.5 GB of RAM usage now even in Black Forest. Some parts of the maps def need optimization just in how they're designed and node placements etc and the chunk load lines need to be focused on as well like how the tree mem leak was.
  • VyrilVyril US
    edited August 14
    Fencce said:

Fencce said:

Menor said:

Bad expression, I know. I saw someone using it and thought it was a bit funny.
    Played Tibia during its earliest days, so don't worry - quite aware how it "used to be".
    But that's besides the point. My question still hasn't really been answered.
    Some people do claim that much of the low fps, delays and laggs are optimisation issues whule other seem to contradict that.

Any clearifications on that? Or perhaps it's just easier to pin-point language and bad use of words. I get that.
    That's your problem, you used somebody else's bad joke, and clearly wasn't funny because of how inaccurate it was.

Addtionally, I run LOA on my work computer that doesn't even have a dedicated graphics card and it runs at 60fps.

Also, if you didn't know optimization is an on-going process, and really never stops happening.
  • Kaltils - does your pc have a dedicated graphics card?