Carpentry - give us the option to purchase resources like all the other crafts pls

Carpentry - give us the option to purchase resources like all the other crafts pls

You can buy ore for blacksmith
your can buy cloth for tailoring
you can buy regents for inscription and alchemy

so why not lumber for carpentry - i want to try some of the high end recipes but its taking so long for resource gathering and leveling the skill -

example i start all the crafts basically the same time - all are 65 - 86 being the highest currently - carpentry shameful at 42 serious not even close to the others

Comments

• Better yet, remove cloth and iron ore from NPC vendors.
  • Swag said:

Better yet, remove cloth and iron ore from NPC vendors.

It has a re-spawn timer and has a limited amount of pieces, and it's a gold sink (they should cost a few more coin than they currently do, IMO). So in that respect, I would like to see them add Carpentry resources as well. I imagine they have planned to add this if it's not already available somewhere, since everything else is available including fish.
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    I'd rather see resources just be farmed... if you want to buy them then find a player vendor :/ I don't like being able to buy Iron, even though it helps a lot... but it's not needed. We want people to go out and explore to find their materials. Not stay in a town 24/7.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Swag said:

Better yet, remove cloth and iron ore from NPC vendors.

+1
  • edited July 30
    Jubbin said:

I'd rather see resources just be farmed... if you want to buy them then find a player vendor :/ I don't like being able to buy Iron, even though it helps a lot... but it's not needed. We want people to go out and explore to find their materials. Not stay in a town 24/7.

With the limited amount available and a relatively high re-spawn timer on them, and the fact that any player can come up and buy them quick; I think these are meant as more of a, "oh crap, I ran out of iron, I just need a few more bars so I can finish off this crafting order... I don't want to run all the way out to the mines or a player vendor just for 2 bars" - type of idea.
    Not a "sit in town and powerlevel BS'ing all day" idea.

If you sit in town and depend only on these 'spawns' to level up, you should level up at a drastically slower pace. I don't think you can currently, but maybe I'm wrong, I haven't test. And I don't think this should be possible either at least after beta.

But your argument that players should want to go out and explore to find their materials is moot unfortunately because player vendors can sell all the ore any player will ever need inside protected areas, so no one has to go out and explore for anything, except the players restocking the vendors, since everything is tradable.

I don't really see the point in them being in game in the first place unless it's literally 1-5 bars per spawn. So please don't think I'm arguing "for" them being in game. I could live with or without them, personally.

• Carpentry is brutal....
    Veronica said:

Jubbin said:

With the limited amount available and a relatively high re-spawn timer on them, and the fact that any player can come up and buy them quick; I think these are meant as more of a, "oh crap, I ran out of iron, I just need a few more bars so I can finish off this crafting order... I don't want to run all the way out to the mines or a player vendor just for 2 bars" - type of idea.
    Not a "sit in town and powerlevel BS'ing all day" idea.

If you sit in town and depend only on these 'spawns' to level up, you should level up at a drastically slower pace. I don't think you can currently, but maybe I'm wrong, I haven't test. And I don't think this should be possible either at least after beta.

But your argument that players should want to go out and explore to find their materials is moot unfortunately because player vendors can sell all the ore any player will ever need inside protected areas, so no one has to go out and explore for anything, except the players restocking the vendors, since everything is tradable.

I don't really see the point in them being in game in the first place unless it's literally 1-5 bars per spawn. So please don't think I'm arguing "for" them being in game. I could live with or without them, personally.

as moot as thinking players are buying ore cause they "Oops, I ran out" lol they buying it and stocking it up like I did to do low skill order deeds. it's not the convenience people are shooting for.. it's the exploiting the fact that it's in game making it easy mode.
    at least the lower skill stuff = EZ mode with 500 iron being able to purchase.
  • JeffJeff Colorado
    I agree, npc's should sell all or none... I vote for none.
  • Linthu said:

I agree, npc's should sell all or none... I vote for none.

Agreed.
  • i do also agree when the game goes live - yes remove store sold resources -
    We are in beta - and to be able to test the skill fully it would be good to help the players test with resources available more freely BUT JUST FOR BETA.

either way Carpentry is brutal at the current state - so please help us test carpentry better
  • RelsanctRelsanct Costa Rica
    Personally I think that low and mid range carpentry should be the fastest craft skill to raise. The skill does not really give any advantages like the other skills. Blacksmithing giving armor and weapons, alchemy potions etc., those skills all have a value or a need rather that increase a players power.

Low level carpentry really does not offer much, some stools, chairs, boxes they are borderline useless. To add to it if it is the hardest skill to raise, everyone´s houses will continue to be naked. I would really like to see some creative decorating going on instead of a bunch of naked copy paste houses.

Maybe the skill gain at 80+ can be a real grind, to make it more difficult to build houses, but much faster to craft general decorations.
  • JaworJawor Central Europe
    edited August 6
    Regarding the materials from NPCs, I would say sell none OR let them sell small amount of each basic material daily - once per account.

Eg. miner headman can agree with your craft that he will supply you with 50 iron ore each day for a week or so. It make sense that he is trying to sell ore via long term agreement, he need to hire appropriate number of NPC miners and pay them... Similar thing with lumberjack camps selling wood on contract etc.

This can contribute to little deeper world background and nobody will have the advantage over others (be first who buy all iron ore from stock etc.)