I do not see future

The tamer is dead is not worth anything in this beta, where are the black horses, money has a bug for years and do not fix it, armor does not specify anything have no resistance or anything, we are in 2018 and only attracts the idea in that it looks like uo because the whole game full of failures and lack of basic things that throw you back.
I do not understand how other unofficial servers like lou go as 2 years more advanced in content than the official I do not understand the truth.

I'm sorry, i use translator

Comments

• Yes, it’s kind of mind blowing that the community servers are better than official in terms of content.

They really need a “sit down” at the studio, like you said, it’s 2018, this last beta has been a huge failer for them.

When you read the patch notes, your like “that’s it!” That’s all they fixed.. at this rate the game will never be ready for release.

And again this should be alpha not beta. Way to many issues to be called a beta
  • DKuangDKuang New York City
    Roflmao, yeah I can't seem to grasp this either. Community does way better than the studio with Legends of Ultima, who get paid and are "professionals", but it seems that's a title only because yeah...the game is so lacking on so many facets. That and given the time between start and their progress now...it's pretty, I'm sorry to say, pathetic.

I'm seriously worried and have doubts about the future of the game, especially as we heads towards early access on Steam. I hope they have some magic huge 2gig content patch that'll flesh out the entirety of the game and make it at least descent, but....that's like praying for rain in the desert at this point if we're going to use their track record as a measure considering most of their patches for "content" are very minimal.

@reydender money doesn't have a bug, it's working as intended according to Citadel because the 1.7k copper you looted from skeletons won't magically convert to silver until you go to an npc merchant to buy something or store/convert it at a banker because they're going for realism. So don't farm any mobs that drop copper, but rather farm ones that drop silver, and discard all the copper you find once you hit around 1k copper coins. I honestly hate this set up, but they apparently don't want you to sit at a spawn point farming coin and going for immersion man....yeah...same thing I thought. >_<
  • ArazielAraziel United States
    That is not surprising. Look at skyrim with a enormous budget and team, yet you will find user created content that is much better than the paid DLC. The only thing separating this game from any other 3rd rate MMO is the the developers support of user created content, and I hope the realize that.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Well, for those saying community servers have more things, don't forget they are building (mostly) upon what Citadel already has given us.
  • Where would those community servers be if they had to code an entire back end and do all the bug fixes?
  • Me and a friend of mine (we have been playing this game off and on for about two years) used to joke that the devs actually get paid with Cheeto's and Dr Pepper when they happen to show up for work to one of their grandmothers basement to put in their 30 mins a week of development.We aren't laughing anymore...as we are starting to believe it isn't a joke. lol
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    We don't have to worry about the server software or the client and can focus on creating content. Of course, we're also a small team doing some stuff after work, but our course and design goals have been stable, while CS are trying to find their own identity.

I don't think it's a fair comparison - but thanks anyway. Trying our best.
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    I really appreciate you admins piping up <3

It does help that you're actually experiencing game development and you know what's involved. I wish I could do more to help you; thank goodness for Zenroth.
  • DireDire Canada, UO Napa Valley pre Tram, UO SP
    Why cant CS use what the private server guys create after? Let them focus on the hard end, the content wont be hard and will come...
  • Dire said:

Why cant CS use what the private server guys create after?

Lots and lots and lots of reasons.

You'll likely see some systems added to the CS server that will have been...inspired by...stuff the community devs have created, however.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Selling things that include stuff created free by other people in different countries can lead to a lot of legal issues, both with the creators and the clients.
    And imagine the work to inspect and assure that a mod I code and CS decides to use has no bugs or even malware inside, sometimes it's easier to redo the job.
    On top of the legal reasons, it's also wrong to just take stuff.

Though I'd give my left arm to crowdsource bug fixes, sigh. The admins have been able to solve some stuff because they don't have to do ten other things and it's like watching someone eat ice cream while you mow the lawn.

The analogy isn't working, is it.
  • edited July 31
    I'm hoping once I get access to the toolkit and scripting stuff to just release my stuff as modules with assets under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license for whoever to use on community servers as long as they don't pull any RMT bullshit and try to profit off others' work.
  • Look at the last patch notes posted.. I really am thinking there putting maybe an hour a day into the game at this point, latest patch notes was a total joke!! That’s all we got after days of no updates or news.

Tired of the bs exuses.. this is suppose to beta 2!!

If the devs are done working on this project, put it in steam and get the money you need to bail your selves out.. this doesn’t seem like 8 hours a day 5 days a week worth of work your giving us.

Xclusive, I understand you're frustrated, but please take it down a notch. There are nine people in crunch mode working on the next build of the game. Derek is going to be announcing the plan that takes us to launch on Tuesday. There isn't anything for me to show you to prove anything, so I absolutely understand if you'd rather leave the forum until such time as proof of our hard work can be shown.
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    Xclusive said:

Yes, it’s kind of mind blowing that the community servers are better than official in terms of content.

They really need a “sit down” at the studio, like you said, it’s 2018, this last beta has been a huge failer for them.

When you read the patch notes, your like “that’s it!” That’s all they fixed.. at this rate the game will never be ready for release.

And again this should be alpha not beta. Way to many issues to be called a beta

That's because they can't fix their bugs so they are stuck with crappy game mechanics..
    Official isn't worried YET about content just because they already know and have the path set out in front of them.. all we gotta do is play official and help speed things up.
    and be patient :)
  • JoxxJoxx United States
    reydender said:

The tamer is dead is not worth anything in this beta, where are the black horses, money has a bug for years and do not fix it, armor does not specify anything have no resistance or anything, we are in 2018 and only attracts the idea in that it looks like uo because the whole game full of failures and lack of basic things that throw you back.
    I do not understand how other unofficial servers like lou go as 2 years more advanced in content than the official I do not understand the truth.

I'm sorry, i use translator

Its one of the reasons, i went to legends of ultima server instead..
  • I wish I had picked up the package to run my own server. I had a lot of fun building my own content in RunUO, and I have a couple of folks now ready to jump in and build out a ruleset we think strikes the right balance between PvP and PvE.