Patch Notes 07/18/2018

ZenrothZenroth Citadel Team Administrator
These are now live on official:

- Fixed a long standing elusive issue that could allow a player to become invulnerable.
- Fixed training dummy weapon skill gains, can no longer gain past 30.
- Re-enabled skill gains on training dummies.
- Fixed an issue allowing minuscule gains outside of skills chance at success.
- Fixed Karma Protection preventing beneficial actions to your own pets.
- Crafting orders are now additionally weighed by material.
- Fixed crafting orders not being distributed to players.
- Moved Focus from weapon ability to skill ability (can be activated and dragged out from your skill book)
- Books can now be renamed.
- Brown books now use a book graphic, instead of a scroll graphic.
- Fixed an issue with server decay, that was allowing pet corpses and some other items
to persist if they hadn’t decayed by time of a server restart.
- Rabid bears updated to use the correct bear graphic.
- Coins gets changed up when stacked onto coins already in a bank box.
- Treasure chests can no longer be used to change up coins.
- Prestige ability Charge no longer results in the player becoming stuck, when used at close range.
- Horses now continue to obey their last active command in the event of a mount request failing, instead of automatically entering into a “stay” state.
- Guards now have appropriate area specific names.
- Fixed silk crafting
- Lowered magic scroll drops
- Tweaked silk drops

Comments

• Ah training on dummies back, but limited to 30. That sounds right. Thanks.
  • I suggest player corpse decay be slowed. Its always fun running into a dangerous area and seeing corpses all over the place. Thanks.
  • still nothing to main gain.s your guys mechanics to stop macro people is screwing up mage gains
  • edited July 18
    also as a blue fighting a white grey or orange you lose so much karma for just hitting someone. I think no matter of color if you hit someone you should only lose as much karma as you gain from killing mobs in pve. the bulk of karma loss should be off of killing somone. Also I found you lose 100 karma just for looting 1 item. the karma system needs fixed so people can't just go red stupid fast. you can go red just auto hitting someone with a training weapon for 30min don't even need to kill the guy. how can you be a murderer with out killing someone.
  • NyiteNyite Orlando, Fl
    edited July 18
    focus should be under channeling and not magic affinity, Channeling determines your ability to actively and passively regenerate mana. and magic affinity effects you damage spells

Or your Description is backwards in the skills description for channeling and magic affinity.
  • Silk crafting is still busted. It requires Spider Silk, but Hunter and Vile spiders drop just Silk. Either the loot table is messed up or the recipe needs to be changed to requiring Silk for Silk Cloth.
  • focus being under magic affinity is stupid and catering to hybrids. focus should be on a spell book forcing hyrbids to have to weapon swap to a book to focus instead they can now keep a weapon on and just hit focus the skill now. this is catering to hybrids and making their lives easier. Care bear shit
  • Nyite said:

focus should be under channeling and not magic affinity, Channeling determines your ability to actively and passively regenerate mana. and magic affinity effects you damage spells

Or your Description is backwards in the skills description for channeling and magic affinity.

I agree this change is catering to flipping hybrids making it care bear
  • ZenrothZenroth Citadel Team Administrator
    Focus is still tied to channeling, just got put under the wrong skill in the book. Will be in the correct place next patch.
  • NyiteNyite Orlando, Fl
    edited July 18

Nyite said:

I agree this change is catering to flipping hybrids making it care bear
    That's not what I meant ,it's simply in the wrong place
  • edited July 18
    what I mean is that I can focus now with a two hander catering hyrbids even more. they should have to weapon swap to spell book to focus not be able to focus in a two hander it makes it easy mode whether people did agree or not it really does
  • NyiteNyite Orlando, Fl
    edited July 18

what I mean is that I can focus now with a two hander catering hyrbids even more. they should have to weapon swap to spell book to focus not be able to focus in a two hander it makes it easy mode whether people did agree or not it really does

This is from a player handbook so not sure if it is correct but if it is then when a caster has his book in his hand it helps with his defense.

"Melee Combat
    Your weapon skill determines your Accuracy and Evasion attributes, being the value: Weapon skill/5. If you’re a mage and don’t have any weapon skill Magic Affinity would behave as such as long as a spellbook or staff is equipped."

So it would still help a caster to have his book in hand if his casting skill is higher then his melee in defense.

P.S.

There's only 600 points in game and it's easy to weapon swap, so a "quality of life change" that make a game less tedious is not a bad thing.
  • VyrilVyril US
    edited July 18

I'm for one ok with the change, now they just need to remove taming from having to equip a crook.
  • Nyite said:

This is from a player handbook so not sure if it is correct but if it is then when a caster has his book in his hand it helps with his defense.

"Melee Combat
    Your weapon skill determines your Accuracy and Evasion attributes, being the value: Weapon skill/5. If you’re a mage and don’t have any weapon skill Magic Affinity would behave as such as long as a spellbook or staff is equipped."

So it would still help a caster to have his book in hand if his casting skill is higher then his melee in defense.

They removed Magic Affinity working as mage weapon skill to fix MA skill gains while hitting with your spellbook. I notice that equipping a spellbook (staves are gone apparently) uses Bashing as combat skill for melee and evasion.

This way, "pure" mages (if that could be viable) must decide to include or not one more skill for combat evasion/defense/offense.

• sudoxesudoxe Sydney
    edited July 19
    HI! Silk is still broken, i am not sure how its listed as fixed if no one tested it! Please test the fix or advise where us players are going wrong.

Saddle Bags are still not in the game, for the love of everything immortal PLEASE add or work out why we cant get Saddle Bags!

Carpentry is still broken to, you cant craft ANY furniture.
  • Teufel said:

Ah training on dummies back, but limited to 30. That sounds right. Thanks.

Ah, so I was right about it being a game-design. Maybe they just had to shut it off temporarily until they could get the 30-limit back on.