Closed Beta 2, Graphics Overhaul: Discuss it HERE

Comments

• It looks really really good guys! Good work!
  • Nice improvements love it so far
  • Great work - looks beautiful! :)
  • First of all, Hands up for the work, it's not only a graphic improvement, but a real rework of the entire map (honestly i was losing hopes about, so many glitches i reported and a so flat and inexpresssive world…).
    But i have a question, seems we can get our rewards in this beta (capes, crown etc) and even our loyalty points...but u wrote all will be resetted at the end, and then? we will get all back at open beta? just curious….
    how much the beta last? i start my holidays that day damnation
  • I am in love with the new graphics <3
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    Meziljin said:

First of all, Hands up for the work, it's not only a graphic improvement, but a real rework of the entire map (honestly i was losing hopes about, so many glitches i reported and a so flat and inexpresssive world…).
    But i have a question, seems we can get our rewards in this beta (capes, crown etc) and even our loyalty points...but u wrote all will be resetted at the end, and then? we will get all back at open beta? just curious….
    how much the beta last? i start my holidays that day damnation

You are "getting" your rewards during the test so we can make sure all the rewards work. Then, after the wipe, you'll get them again :)
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Crocodiles!!! Thanks!
    Fox is nice too :)
  • Amazing. Will the animations/combat get better too? And about the characters models?

Thanks.
  • Looks great! I'm hoping that the gloom is a little less in the new update. It may just be my monitor but my screen seems very gloomy/blurry.
  • Sir MurphySir Murphy Crossroads
    beautiful.. hopefully optimization comes along with it!
  • love it
  • Refined, perfect amount of plastic surgery. Thanks for not going overboard like Renee Zellweger.

Departing from access codes to enter Aria, what is the transition plan look like so folks see the fruits of your labor?

Sorry if that is dumb and random, change always makes me freak out, especially when it involves RX meds or video games...

Thanks!
  • Jon_IrenicusJon_Irenicus internetman@email.cz
    Its nice to have slightly nicer graphics. Let hope there will major content update after this patch, as we as a guild have not much to do in terms of pve, just grinding the same places with those couple of mobs over and over and over - now in nice graphics.
  • Looks pretty dope!
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    Whoever chose the music for that video absolutely nailed it. Makes me feel nostalgic in the best possible way.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Dominus said:

Whoever chose the music for that video absolutely nailed it. Makes me feel nostalgic in the best possible way.

+1
  • Dominus said:

+2
    Absolutely agree, i was start crying since i still listen the UO stones music, i think this new sound will fill a hole in my gamer soul
  • Ghuton said:

Amazing. Will the animations/combat get better too? And about the characters models?

Thanks.

Maybe some better Hit sounds with weps too?
  • Is test server still coming up today with the new graphics?
  • iSeven07iSeven07 Indiana, USA
    Really looking forward to it!
  • Jon_IrenicusJon_Irenicus internetman@email.cz
    I have posted this in experimental server patch notes, since this thread is focused on new graphics only I am posting here as well:

the original graphics had nice feel in it, nice touch, colors, it was smooth and all it needed was optimizing, bug fixing and such...loved watching the game

the new graphics looks horrible. its looks strangely too much sharp/contrasted, feels like several filters are over it (shades/lights), colors are horrible, and I have a tree stick in my face all the time wherever I go now

overhall my personal feeling is that this is massive downgrade
  • I love what they did to the tree trunks, but the trees could be smaller... hard to see where you are going when trees are all in the way. I think shrinking the trees would be a good fix. Also mini map is more confusing now to see the road. Making the road clearer to see would be great :)
  • evianwaterevianwater austin, TX
    I think the music adds more than even the graphics. Both were great an really make the game feel more immersive. Now you just need to nail world spawns :) But at least its pretty when you're wandering around in the countryside now killing bears.
  • It great music and graphics. It would be nice if there was some ambient music going on regularly instead of specific spot music triggers.
  • Can you solve the tree issue by translucent feature in radius? like within 20 meters from character, start gradual transition of translucence, where at 10 meters you see like 65-70 % of yourself and up to at 5 meters away all tree and brush graphics are invisible? This way you enjoy both worlds.
  • SugrinSugrin Paris, France

Can you solve the tree issue by translucent feature in radius? like within 20 meters from character, start gradual transition of translucence, where at 10 meters you see like 65-70 % of yourself and up to at 5 meters away all tree and brush graphics are invisible? This way you enjoy both worlds.

Errr ... not cool for us carpenters if we can't see the trees we want to cut :expressionless:
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    Tru said:

Ghuton said:

Amazing. Will the animations/combat get better too? And about the characters models?

Thanks.

Maybe some better Hit sounds with weps too?
    haha, could be better, but tbh UO hally hit is still my favorite sound :) tried to get it as SMS sound, but couldnt find it =P
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    I have yet to see it "live" but from the videoes this is amazing work. Your doing a great job guys!

In UO's later years, I became very fond of decorating my tower and acquire rare items. This gfx makes houses look better, and I cannot wait to start decoing again. Hope you add tons of rares / uniqs to help us deco players to farm for them on monsters, trade them, and collect them – show the off in our homes.
    That became like a whole other game within the game... Do not forget it! Houses do matter to a lot of us! Decoration is a full time hobby in the game, if you make it so. Fish rares, farm rare, dig up treasures – and finally decorate with them..
  • RaizjielRaizjiel Canada
    - When are we getting the zones that are still closed off on the world map?
  • Do you pull out 14 day trails to the new update? I wanna show some friends the new graphics! And i hope they will play the game in the future too! ;)