Unplayable lagg, is my computer not compatible?

System
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz, (8CPUs)
Installed ram-memory: 16 GB
System type: 64 bits operative system, x64-based processor
DirectX-version: DirectX 12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a similar problem with my previous computer. The lagg wasn't as bad, it was still playable, but there was this annoying delay in everything I did.
But with this computer. It is even worse. Even though the computer is stronger in every sense.
The framrate is so bad that I can count how many frames I see per second.
Do I need to install some software, like another direct X? And if I do, will it over-write my present one, and is that bad?

Please help :)

Comments

• DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    What graphics card are you running? Are the drivers updated?
    If I remember correctly, with DirectX each new version includes all the previous ones. So if you have 12, you've got 11, 10, 9...
  • Dominus said:

What graphics card are you running? Are the drivers updated?
    If I remember correctly, with DirectX each new version includes all the previous ones. So if you have 12, you've got 11, 10, 9...

I honestly don't know about the graphic card, it just says
    Graphic memory (VRAM): 112 MB
    Shared memory: 2048 MB

How do I update my drivers?
    edited June 26
    in start menu, type 'device manager' in the search box.
    In the device manager window, expand the "graphics driver" and it should say what card you have.

here's a video

After you got those details.
    Google your card name and update driver.. so "xxxxxx update drivers" and hopefully it will lead you to the right place.

lemme know if that works.
  • Thanks, I'll try that.
    Surprised to see that this problem isn't more common. Perhaps just my luck.
  • Dominus said:

in start menu, type 'device manager' in the search box.
    In the device manager window, expand the "graphics driver" and it should say what card you have.

here's a video

After you got those details.
    Google your card name and update driver.. so "xxxxxx update drivers" and hopefully it will lead you to the right place.

lemme know if that works.

Nope, doesn't work.
    Downloaded the update driver "googled: intel(R) HD graphics 4600 update drivers", but got an error message after download saying something like:
    The driver that has been installed has not been validated for this computer.
    Obtain the correct driver from the computer manufacturer.
    Installation terminated.
  • This is because you're using a laptop, that is using the cpu that has a onboard chip that functions as the gpu. for most games, it's best to have a dedicated gpu.
  • edited June 27
    blank said:

This is because you're using a laptop, that is using the cpu that has a onboard chip that functions as the gpu. for most games, it's best to have a dedicated gpu.

So my case is hopeless then?
    If everyone who uses a laptop has this problem, than it feels like there should be a huge disclaimer upon purchasing the game that you won't be able to play it if you have a laptop.
    I can play any other game without a problem like Guild Wars 2, Magicka, WoW etc etc. So why should this game be any different?
    Those games are better optimized. Optimization generally happens near the end of the development cycle, this game is still being developed so it hasn't been fully optimized yet.

You can buy an external GPU for your laptop. They can be expensive however, and not as good as an internal desktop GPU. So if you do decide to buy one, find a way to test it first before you commit to the purchase.
  • Dominus said:

Those games are better optimized. Optimization generally happens near the end of the development cycle, this game is still being developed so it hasn't been fully optimized yet.

You can buy an external GPU for your laptop. They can be expensive however, and not as good as an internal desktop GPU. So if you do decide to buy one, find a way to test it first before you commit to the purchase.

I see. Thanks.

Also, I found out if I use window mode and make the gamewindow much smaller, the lagg gets reduced. The smaller the window the less is the lagg. To a point it is almost all gone. But I'd rather not have a 10cm x 10cm gamescreen to play on.