Patch Notes, 6/14

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
These are now on the LIVE server!

Combat (For detailed explanations, please see Jeffrey’s blog post, https://www.legendsofaria.com/the-combat-overhaul/):

- Mage spell Heal now heals for between 59 and 67.
- Stamina is now determined by Agility, ranging from 20-100.
- Stamina replaces Agility in determining swing speed.
- Stamina replaces Agility in determining run speed.
- Stamina regeneration rate has been significantly reduced.
- Balance pass on weapon damage.
- Special abilities have been more evenly distributed across weapon disciplines.
- Critical hits have been removed.
- Weapon accuracies have been standardized.
- Miss rate versus targets outside of your skill range has been increased.
- Queued weapon abilities can miss; their hit rate is determined by the skill used, max skill is 100% hit rate.
- Swing timer counts down while disabled, meaning if you would have swung while disabled you will swing when disable ends.
- Swing timers are delayed by 1 second on a successful spell cast.
- Bow attack timer counts down while moving with a minimum delay of 1 second between movement stop and arrow release.
- Bleed Particle effect no longer applies on normal combat hits. Instead, it is used only as an indicator of bleed debuff.
- Added Mortal Strike weapon ability, prevents the target from being healed for 8 seconds.
- When Mortal Strike ends, the victim becomes immune to Mortal Strike for 12 seconds.
- When Bleed ends, the victim becomes immune to Bleed effects for 12 seconds.
- When Stun ends, the victim becomes immune to Stun effects for 12 seconds.
- Stats Attack, Power, and Force are no longer scaled for NPCs.
- Players can no longer apply debuffs to immune (stasis) players.
- When a player becomes immune (stasis), all player debuffs are removed.
- Primary and secondary effects have had their animations/effects tweaked.
- Added Scout combat ability to replace Snipe; Hunters Mark, prevent target stealth and increases ranged damage against them (3.33%/6.66%/9.99%) for 30 seconds, 2 minute cooldown.
- Added Rogue Combat Ability to replace Backstab: Vanish. Instantly hide and remove all player debuffs. Cooldown of 6, 4, and 2 minutes for level 1, 2, and 3 respectively.
- Hamstring, Bleed, Mortal Strike, Hunters Mark can now be resisted by willpower.
- Mobile traits implemented. Specific damage types can do more damage to NPCs with vulnerabilities and less to NPCs with resistances. (The damage types in question are Bashing/Slashing/Piercing/Bow/Magic.)
- Ranged NPCs can fire while moving.
- Heavy/Light Armor skills now scale defense of relevant items worn.
-Reduced global potion cooldown to 1 minute from 4 minutes.
-Reduced Defence granted from shields to 70 from 90.
-Reduced the attack bonus of Stab from 125 to 100%.
-Increased the damage of Bleed (min,max) from (20,40) to (40,60).
- Equipping a 2H weapon now unequips your shield.
- Fixed casted combat abilities (Stun Shot for example) that would sometimes allow a normal combat swing as well.
- Prevented Hamstring from being used with a ranged weapon.
-Heavy Armor pieces now lowers your agility by when equipped (-3 per piece).
-Bleed tooltip has been updated.
-Heavy & Light armor skills descriptions updated.
-A 1 second swing delay when switching weapons has been removed.
-Evasion rebalance:
Evasion 1 - 75% chance to be hit.
Evasion 2 - 50% chance to be hit.
Evasion 3 - 10% chance to be hit.
-Fixed the “Follow Through” weapon ability to actually subtract stamina from the target hit.
-Swing timer no longer reset when leaving stun state.
-Stun can no longer stack (used to refresh duration if new stun was longer than current stun)
-Releasing a primed spell while stunned will result in cast failure.
- Fixed an issue where the first swing after a weapon swap could be equal to a full swing of previous weapon.

Loot/Crafting/World Changes:
-Added Mana & Stamina potion recipes and items.
-Set value of blank runes to 200 copper.
-Added Vanish & Hunters Mark prestige books.
-Initial monster spawn location, difficulty and loot overhaul. Adjustments to continue.
-Fixed broken dungeon spawns / missing mobs.
-Level II & III Prestige Books now drop exclusively at the awakening spawn.
-Death has had his loot table revised.
-Death now has a chance to distribute items directly to those within range who contributed to his death.
-Executioner weapons of three levels of strength (lesser, regular, and greater) have been added and now drop. Executioner weapons do increased damaged (125%,150%,175%) to a specific species of foe. These drop across a range of both overworld and underworld monsters.
-Cursed item property has been added. Cursed items will not be dropped on death but cannot be repaired (when repair is added).
-Fixed broken dungeon spawns / missing mobs.
-Level II & III Prestige Books now drop exclusively at the Barrens Awakening spawn.
-Death has had his loot table revised.
-Death now has a chance to distribute items directly to those within range who contributed to his death.
-Executioner weapons of three levels of strength (lesser, regular, and greater) now drop across a range of both overworld and underworld monsters.. Executioner weapons do increased damaged (125%,150%,175%) to a specific species of foe.

Fast Travel:
-Recall spell has been disabled, scrolls and existing copies in spellbooks will no longer function (and will disappear entirely after the game wipe - still planned for this summer).
-Added fast travel. Marking blank runes allows players to summon portals. Portals are two-way unless restricted by area casted in.
-Burying runes acts as a one time use portal, and doesn’t require a skill check.
-Runes cannot be marked in housing plots, dungeons, the Barren Lands, or in the Black Forest.
-Portals from the Barren Lands and the Black Forest are one way portals. You can leave those areas, but can't go back.
-Portals cannot be created in dungeons.
-Reds can not travel via portals.
-Fixed prices on runes, all should now be 200 copper.
-Set both origin and destination portal color to be red for one way portals.
-Fixed destination portals not spawning in different subregions.

Taming Changes:
-Increased pet slot count on Drake and Dread to 4.
-Animal Lore fully implemented, and is required to control your creatures.
-Players cannot tame on horseback anymore.
-Tamers can no longer command pets to attack targets they can’t see.
-Pet corpse decay time has been increased.
-Pet AI optimized and simplified.

Comments

• SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    Guild Changes:
    -Guild tag is now removed from a player’s name upon leaving a guild.
    -Guild invite prompt title fixed to be show the correct text.
    -Guildmasters can no longer promote another guild member up to guildmaster, and thus creating multiple members with the rank of guildmaster. (At current there is no way to transfer ownership of a guild. This will be fixed soon.)
    -Guild names are now recorded when creating a guild, previously the guild name was being set to the guild tag.

Bugs/Misc:
    -Campfire regen rates have been decreased slightly.
    -Players can no longer dismiss a starting player’s spirit wisp, or interact with it.
    -Players can no longer unpack items that are locked down on another person's property.
    -If a lockbox or container is out of sight, players can no longer store and remove items from the box using split stack.
    -Players can no longer take items from bank using split stack while being far away from the bank source.
    -Players can no longer use/consume items inside a locked container if its open.
    -Locked containers now have unique key/lock combinations, and cannot be opened or locked by any locked container key.
    -Players can no longer re-summon a mount they are on via /use commands. This bug was used to dismiss the mount yet retain mounted movement speed while on foot.
    -Creatures corpses no longer have open pack or loot options, unless they have packs to loot. Harvesting them is now the default interaction.
    -Auto looting a corpse while hidden now reveals the hidden player.
    -Empty right click context menus no longer show on creatures.
    -Dialog windows now automatically close when teleporting.
    -Bank and containers inside banks now automatically close when teleporting.
    -Awakening spawn now does not reset stage of spawn upon server restarts.
    -Players no longer lose coin when attempting to purchase an item from an NPC and being too far away to do so.
    -Mobs in camps will no longer spawn stuck in objects and be unattackable.
    -The max weight of a players backpack on the drop down inventory list now updates when strength changes.
    -Bandits will no longer attack other bandits.
    -Players can now transfer guildmaster to Officer rank member.
    -Players can split stack an item on ground.
    -Packed items now can only be unpacked if they are in users backpack.
    -Anvil rewards from crafting orders are now packed objects.
    -Warfork is now usable.
    -Dungeons and other teleporters in the world should allow entry again.
    -Mobs no longer spawn inside player houses when treasure hunting.
    -If a house if built on a player, mobile objects will be moved to the boundary of the house.
    -Removed complete heal potion from loot tables.
    -Fixed Neutral guards. They now properly protect non-outcasts as well.
    -Neutral guards no longer attempt to protect players against fellow guards.
    -Guards no longer attack on sight when a player has active conflicts, the guard must be within range of the conflict happening to react.
    -Fixed campfires not decaying, they will now go out and decay on their own.
    -Added weapon class to weapon tooltip.
    -Containers will now close when locked.
    First time I ever had to split the patch notes because there were too many for one post :)
  • need to download a new client?
  • KadeKade Citadel Team Administrator
    Meziljin said:

need to download a new client?

Your Client should say "Closed Beta I - May Update (v0.6.4)" in the lower right hand corner of the login screen, if not then you will need a new client.
  • like the changes, so far melee combat seems a bit more boring.

what does light AR give me that will up my dps now?
  • I'm not sure why some of these changes were made, you absolutely made the game worse than it was before.

The stamina regen is just silly now, fight a couple and stand around for 20 minutes waiting for it to come back.... Is this supposed to be a standing around waiting simulator or a game that is fun to play?

Removal of recall was completely useless. I can't imagine what reasoning made sense in the decision to remove it. It's bad enough I have no idea where I'm at half the time and now you've almost guaranteed I will not find my way back.

Removal of critical hits.... Why? You want me to use up my snail paced regenerating stamina so I can stand a chance of killing something and then stand around and twiddle my thumbs because you thought removing a feature that almost every game ever made has was a good idea. Maybe there were cases of people getting crits every other swing but that was never the case for me.

It's getting pretty sad with some of the changes you all are making. If you are shooting for a UO successor you are failing miserably with the direction things are headed. Good luck with that upcoming steam release, you'll be getting pummeled with bad reviews at this rate,
  • I'm not sure why some of these changes were made, you absolutely made the game worse than it was before.

The stamina regen is just silly now, fight a couple and stand around for 20 minutes waiting for it to come back.... Is this supposed to be a standing around waiting simulator or a game that is fun to play?

Removal of recall was completely useless. I can't imagine what reasoning made sense in the decision to remove it. It's bad enough I have no idea where I'm at half the time and now you've almost guaranteed I will not find my way back.

Removal of critical hits.... Why? You want me to use up my snail paced regenerating stamina so I can stand a chance of killing something and then stand around and twiddle my thumbs because you thought removing a feature that almost every game ever made has was a good idea. Maybe there were cases of people getting crits every other swing but that was never the case for me.

It's getting pretty sad with some of the changes you all are making. If you are shooting for a UO successor you are failing miserably with the direction things are headed. Good luck with that upcoming steam release, you'll be getting pummeled with bad reviews at this rate,

You might want to log in and actually test the changes before bitching about them. Players that have been actively playing the game for the past several months are pretty happy with most of the changes in the past week. Some of the changes sound a little odd but it's actually looking pretty good.

Tweaks still need to be made, and things aren't "done" yet, but some of the changes that have been made are great.

Give them feedback once you've tested - giving them solid feedback from testing goes a lot further than just throwing your opinion around. (There's enough of those here, right?)

/two cents.
  • I have played, that's why I am giving my feedback. It's all opinions by the way, yours and mine.
    I appreciate all feedback, good and bad, because every player will have a slightly different experience.

I do ask that you be constructive. If you haven't been on a forum that required you to be constructive before, the basics are:

Speak only for yourself. ("This made the game worse for me" is always going to be a fair thing to say - "this absolutely made the game worse" is hyperbolic and subjective.)

You can attack ideas, but not people. ("That idea won't work, and this is why" is always going to be a fair thing to say - "you are an idiot" is not.)

Provide a one sentence run down of your context so everyone will know what's informing your opinion. ("I have a GM in this skill and prior to the patch I was able to XYZ" is super helpful for understanding your feedback - "I've been playing games since games were just rocks we banged together in the cave while we hid from dinosaurs" is honestly kind of tedious but better than just crapping out an opinion with no context at all.)

I hope that helps - we take feedback very seriously, but because there's so much to process, we really need to keep it civil and in context so we can act quickly and appropriately.
  • which is the difference now btw combat skills? it was based on crit rate before, but now? i have no possibility to test it (too lazy to login and move back to his house my blacksmith to forge weapons…).
  • MenorMenor Brasil
    Reds cant travel through portals ever? Even their own portals?
  • ChojinChojin www.aria-france.fr
    Still bug when miner stack stuff in their backpack, they can largely go over their maximum backpack weight.
  • Id say my biggest beef is making the location of prestige books rank 2 & 3 coming from a single location... thats going to make it hell to get! There should be more than 2 locations in the game to acquire +2 and +3 prestige books.... otherwise, you're forcing everyone into a bottleneck! Unless you want to give bigger guilds the ability to keep smaller guilds from getting better skills?
  • SugrinSugrin Paris, France
    edited June 17
    @Sanya
    1. We can't split items stacks from within chests or containers within such chests (this is true both in mainstream as well as test servers) on housing facilities.
    2. The Inscription table in Valus is still unusable (System message: "You cannot see that")
    3. Would be nice to increase the limit on locked items on house facilities. For a seller like me, we feel a bit tight, between furniture we use to sell stuff and decorating our house (and mine isn't a big one).
    4. Items crafted pre-patch still have the old stats (esp. attack), at least that's what the tooltip says. Won't be a problem post-wipe, but brings unbalance for older players until then, since the new ones have better stats. Also, a bit unfair for us, crafters who spent efforts to craft those items which have become unsellable
    5. Mark doesn't seem to interrupt Focus
    6. It would seem the %bonus on crafted weapon depends on blacksmith skill requirement of the item to be crafted rather than the skill level of the crafter, I find myself crafting more easily high % weapons with high req weapons than lower one (e.g. poniard vs. Halberd). This would seem unfair for fighters with those "lower reqs" weapons skills.
  • Jon_IrenicusJon_Irenicus internetman@email.cz
    Its an opinion, I dont mean to attak anyone:

If the steam launch is really about to come in three months then I must say I hope for the devs good luck with the official server - I have been playing over last two patches and it feels more like an alfa phase of the game when devs are setting up game mechanics (given they are decided how they want to set them) - more over it feels like the phrase “ex uo devs” is giving high expectations from the launch - we are in beta and devs are happy for players to be testing so they can try and based on player data shoot some changes around, but it seems those changes are major ... this I would not expect in beta, but much earlier to be acomplished, now to be tweaking drops, spawns, not changing travel system, combat rewamp ... what I am trying to say is that it feels much like devs Are not decided on what exsctly they want to acomplish yet ... or they are and kinda struggling to make the way ...

In the end, it is important to deliver balanced system of given ruleset. It so cool that they decided to make community servers available as this will give many rulesets ... for this I can happily look forward for D&D based server as well as enjoy what devs decide to lay down

Cheers
  • AmekaAmeka United States
    edited June 16
    I have been really happy with the changes made the last couple of patches. The tweaks to the combat system make it feel like I have more "choice" in how I handle the fight and allow me to utilize weapon abilities in a more situational manner.

I was bummed out with the removal of recall, but to be honest, it has started to grow on me. It means that mages really only get the fast travel ability after they've reached the level to cast portal and they can still bury runes to travel at lower levels.

The ability for runes to be buried to summon a portal is hands down, for me, one of the best ideas I've seen for handling non-caster travel. Melee classes usually have a lower cost of maintenance compared to casters and having to sacrifice the rune in order to "conveniently" travel is a good use of that extra coin they have. Plus, they would be purchasing the marked runes from a caster who is then sinking it back into the game to buy reagents and more blank runes. It is a solid trade off in my opinion, you can keep your gold and use a horse, or you can pay 3-4 silver (assuming cost of rune from caster) to fast travel back to town. When you're making 1+ silver a kill at mid-higher levels this is trivial, in my opinion.

I primarily play a caster class so the removal of critical hits, which also removed critical hits from monsters, made it easier for me to predict and handle incoming damage. Having something critical you for your life bar simply because the random number gods smiled upon it feels dirty to me.

With the removal of critical hits of players the development team did supply other means to manage your damage output. through the attack speed being linked to stamina and weapon abilities consuming stamina. It's a trade-off, you can have full stamina and have consistent and sustained damage, or you can consume that stamina to dish out extra damage or AoE damage at the cost of losing DPS in the short term. That is a fairly robust system in my opinion, and all the mechanics are in place to tweak the weapon abilities if players feel they are lacking in some aspects. I went on test server and make a 30 smith and crafted each of the weapons that I could at that level and then tested them out. I really like the speed and abilities of the kyrss, and if you couple it with heavy armor / shield I could easily handle myself as a newly minted fighter.

I had concerns about the addition of magic weapons and their affect on the player economy but Kade did an excellent job of explaining their niche role in his reply to my post, and I feel confident that the development team is actively trying to balance that portion of the game.

I will end with this, I am a new backer, I bought my founder pack at the beginning of this month and have upgraded to the lord pack recently because I an confident in what I've seen. Some of the community here might have development burn-out where the tunnel has been so long and so dark that it's hard to really see the light anymore. I am giving the perspective of a fresh community member who feels that the game is really worth my investment. We have the chance to mold this world into whatever we want, if anything player creativity and ingenuity will make things possible that the development team has never envisioned. Now, will the development team always see eye-to-eye with all of us, of course not. But they are actively listening which is more that a lot of game communities get from developers now of days and for that I am very grateful.

Ameka,
    Order of the Black Rose

• CryodacryCryodacry cryodacry@hotmail.com
    @Sanya

Taming has been gutted... it's not even viable until you can tame a Wyvern now.

I would say that Animal Lore should provide a 40 % increase to your pet damage or something. Right now Wyverns hitting for 70's just doesn't cut it. The across the board increase will make having other pets more viable.

Also what ever you guy's did with mark ... This is killing the fun in the game. Mark should be sold by Vendors. This is a spell that needs to be accessable to all with out requiring Manifestation. That or Melees should be able to buy a marked ruin to towns from a local mage in the town.
  • CryodacryCryodacry cryodacry@hotmail.com
    Ok ... so the loot pass on Corruption was a giant fail... Seriously nothing drops anything in that dungeon other than scrolls and reagents.
  • Charging while casting a spell let you to stun the target without moving
  • Sandsnake is a tamable creature with old, high stats (17 damage, 30 animal taming required) that didn't change with new patch
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    Dang..
    Sandsnakes are the new OP pet. That's 1/4th the damage a wyvern does and you can have 5 of them tamed at once. Once again it's GREAT to be a tamer!
  • How are the lag/clipping issues now, any better? Or can you still AoE through walls? Combat still have the RNG factor of "god I hope the ability delay/lag doesn't kill me"?

And it still seems like they are "throwing things against a wall and seeing what sticks" when it comes to design decisions. At this point, one would hope they have a clear vision of what they are trying to create.

I do not get that impression.

Guess I'll check back in another 6 months, assuming they are still working on the game then.
  • ElvenisElvenis Italy
    edited June 18
    waygone said:

Dang..
    Sandsnakes are the new OP pet. That's 1/4th the damage a wyvern does and you can have 5 of them tamed at once. Once again it's GREAT to be a tamer!

They still have to fix it, this is their pre-patch damage, when wyvern had 90 damage and also black bears got 18 damage...i checked it, it requires 0 animal taming and 0 animal lore to be tamed too