House Height

It is insane how tall these structures are. Plop a house down thinking it would be at least 3 floors just to find it is only one floor. Will they eventually have 2 -3 floors? Why not just make them shorter and not feel like they are cheap and over exaggerated?

Comments

• edited June 14
    I know that feeling, well. Ha-ha!

CS mentioned a while back that they plan on adding additional floors for houses that have enough room for more floors.

If I had to guess, I imagine this is something that will happen post steam launch. But as far as I know it's on 'the list.'
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    True floors would requiere true 3d.
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    Or just a fixed camera.
    Camera does not matter, if you want true floors you gotta have mobiles with the same x,y coords but different z axis, unless you put each floor on a different region.
  • Sacha said:

True floors would requiere true 3d.

True 3d? Tibia was a cartoonish 2d game, and they managed the floor system without much effort.
    Just make the upper floors get invisible when you are in the lower floor et voìla.

Or perhaps I missunderstood you.
    Otherwise, I totally agree with OP.
    I mean right you can't have two walkmeshes on the same coords, one above the other, just like NWN.
  • Sacha said:

I mean right you can't have two walkmeshes on the same coords, one above the other, just like NWN.

I understand what you are saying, but why would something like that even be created. You lose so much flexibility. Instead of making the houses cartoonishly tall, just make them shorter with a larger footprint.
  • Just a little criticism.

The blue roofed houses look silly. Do the smurfs live there? Can they be replaced somehow?
    The beginner housing shack has poor graphics.
    It would be sweet if jumping was possible.
  • beater07beater07 America
    What would you need to jump for? The world doesn't have different levels that you would need to jump over something. Or would you just like to see the animation like /dance

/Jump?
  • edited June 15
    I can't comment on the technical feasibility, but jumping over obstacles etc would be nice. My character would be an (olympic) athlete so I want him to be able to jump as far as possible.
    Gracekain said:

Sacha said:

I understand what you are saying, but why would something like that even be created. You lose so much flexibility. Instead of making the houses cartoonishly tall, just make them shorter with a larger footprint.
    I'm not asking for it, just answering Veronica.
    But at this stage I'd rather have CS adding new houses than fixing or coloring the ones we already have.
    Houses need to be that tall so Keldar don't jump over them :D