Surviving in the wild

I am new here and I may be wrong, as it has been many years, but I believe (in UO) you could create arrows, fires, and bandages while in the wild. Bandages could be created from found clothes, arrows from wood and feathers with very low skill and a fire by scratching a tree with your weapon. Are there any plans to allow these to be made in the wild? Having my ranger have to run back to town to use a tool for each of these hinders immersion.

Comments

• MummrikMummrik Sweden
    edited June 11
    poods said:

I am new here and I may be wrong, as it has been many years, but I believe (in UO) you could create arrows, fires, and bandages while in the wild. Bandages could be created from found clothes, arrows from wood and feathers with very low skill and a fire by scratching a tree with your weapon. Are there any plans to allow these to be made in the wild? Having my ranger have to run back to town to use a tool for each of these hinders immersion.

You can create bandages in the wild, whit a triagekit. You can start a fire in the wild whit tinderboxes so just supply yourself while in town. You can also find campfires at player houses that you can use to cook food.

The only thing you cant get in the wild is the arrows, unless you are able to loot them from mobs or buy them from player shops. That would make player shops even more usefull, and the trade aspect of the game more alive.
  • poodspoods Louisiana
    Mummrik said:

poods said:

You can create bandages in the wild, whit a triagekit. You can start a fire in the wild whit tinderboxes so just supply yourself while in town. You can also find campfires at player houses that you can use to cook food.

The only thing you cant get in the wild is the arrows, unless you are able to loot them from mobs or buy them from player shops. That would make player shops even more usefull, and the trade aspect of the game more alive.
    Thank you for the response.

I thought for bandages you had to weave cotton at a weaver in a town, where in UO you could cut up a dropped shirt/cloth and have bandages. Tinderboxes, I realize you can buy them in town or create them in town but the goal was to stay in the woods without visiting a town. Not a deal breaker by any means, would just enjoy the option.