Steam release?

Hi, i'm new here. I read on the main page that 1 week until Headstart on steam, but for the moment the game is not in the steam list. So, how that work now? Wait 1 Week then look again in the steam shop to buy the game or ... ?
Thanks.

Comments

• beater07beater07 America
    You are new here, first word of advice is don't trust any date you see, ever.

Aside from that, welcome aboard the wait train.
  • Hey, Tollan.

The "1-week headstart" is likely implying that, if one were to purchase access to the current version of the game, they would be able to play the full-launch version of the game a week prior to it releasing for everyone else; Thus, allowing them to get a headstart.

Accourding to the Development Roadmap, the Steam Early Access release is slated for July 2018. So this is likely the time by which you will gain your 1-week headstart.
    According to the other development road maps, it was last year. And according to the next roadmap, it will be next year. So like I said, don't trust any dates you see, ever.

• TollanTollan Luxembourg
    ok then wait until i see it on steam, but thanks for the fast reply
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    I'm working on a Q&A that will include the Head Start thing. But basically, I got hired and ruined everything ;)

The Head Start's intent was to give everyone who had invested in us, who had literally funded the development of the game, a full week to play before any new people could play. With our housing system, that advance week is a meaningful reward. It means our backers and founders will almost certainly get the very best housing locations.

Some people find it annoying that someone who backed us last week gets the same week as someone who backed us three years ago. I get that, but people can't change when they heard of us. Our long term friends will be getting loyalty points in direct proportion to how long they've been with us (and the loyalty point shop with exclusive stuff should be open this summer).

Anyway. Our original plan was to do a final server wipe, have the special week, and immediately launch on Steam.

We are still going to do the final server wipe immediately followed by a special week when sales are closed. But launching on Steam as the game is right this minute would be the most spectacularly stupid decision since MRMPH MMMMMPH UMPH sorry, my lawyer pulled out the gag again.

As for dates - yeah, they change based on feedback and I'm not ashamed. :) Every game's dates change exactly this way. The difference is most games don't tell you their targets. They get cute about "when it's done" and "stay tuned." We are committed to transparency (as a crowdfunded game should be), which means occasionally we look dumb.

Looking dumb is not fatal, as I know all too well ;)
  • LinthuLinthu Colorado
    edited June 7
    My selfish perspective is about housing. When the game goes persistent, all i care about is how fast i can secure a decent vendor plot. (And i am sure i am not the only one that feels that way.) Once i get that plot, i plan to breath and enjoy the game at a more relaxed pace. Steam or no steam, doesn't matter to me.

As an alternative, would you consider land deeds for backers. Allowing them to place a plot of a certain size, at a fraction of the house price initially - then full price to get the house on it and vendor it. That would allow us to claim a medium plot as a placeholder, and save up for it. Maybe have a timer, x days before you lose the claim - gotta get that 10-20g by then, etc.

This is just an idea, i am sure there are better ideas... Can we reward those backers in a different way that is still in line with CS's vision?

I like land deed idea.

As Sanya stated:
    "Some people find it annoying that someone who backed us last week gets the same week [headstart]
    as someone who backed us three years ago."

That is how I feel (yes i am a greedy son-of-a *****). I think the very old backers 3-5 years should get a basic size house plot immediately upon logging in. The rest of the newer backers get the 7 day head start to acquire a house before steam release.

If your old backers don't even deserve a free crap house, then another way to do it would be to put houses into the loyalty store where they cost loyalty points in an amount that only older backers would be able to afford. If the old backer is able to take off work and grind for gold during that 7 days they can get their house that way, or for some of us who cant take time off for a video game, we can choose to buy a house with our loyalty points (and forfeit being able to get the other cool items).

• LinthuLinthu Colorado
    Ahh, loyalty isnt a bad idea. maybe a combo solution; loyalty houses and loyalty plots. Houses let you place vendors and decorate, plots are timed placeholders till you pay the rent - no vendors, etc. Then someone with loyalty can choose a small house right now, or a medium plot that i need to grind the gold asap to turn it into the house.

land rush's are always tricky, but i have liked the lottery systems that tell you what days you get to place... if you cant make it that day to trade your ticket with someone else...
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    edited June 7
    I'd totally accept a free poop shack or the next house deed up for old backers.

As Sanya stated:
    "Some people find it annoying that someone who backed us last week gets the same week [headstart]
    as someone who backed us three years ago. I get that, but people can't change when they heard of us."

That's the truth of the matter and works both ways for old and new pledges. The latter still getting equal if not better perks than most. Plus when "All supporters who pledge before the crowdfunding campaign comes to a close will get a 1 week head start on official servers prior to the Steam Release." Would it be annoying to you how it was presented to us when distinguishing between crowdfunding and founder packs(putting that aside because what's done is done now)?

I'll give a rough example on loyalty points. I started in November 2016. Based on loyalty points since my account has been active and going from how loyalty was being distributed:

"All existing pledges will be granted a spot loyalty reward equal to 30 points per month since they’ve pledged."- Around 20 months = 600 LP

"Going forward, loyalty points will be rewarded monthly (100 points per month) for active players."(This started February 21, 2017) ~17 months = 1700 LP

Add in the automatic 500 LP for crowdfunding pledges getting noble packs; i'm roughly at 2,800 LP when the final wipe occurs. Easily enough, newer pledges buying the Lord Pack gets 2,000 LP.

"Our long term friends will be getting loyalty points in direct proportion to how long they've been with us (and the loyalty point shop with exclusive stuff should be open this summer)." - Sanya

I'm happy to hear there will be a exclusive stuff shop and not only a cash cosmetic shop, that is relieving.

And the last little bit I guess to say about older pledge rewards maybe some of us forgot and I'll bring up to mention:

-Those who backed before 250k get the armored mount
    -Kickstarters get the baby dragon
    -$75 and up crowdfunders still get the VIP club

Maybe CS would consider a free poop shack and an increase adjustment in how loyalty is distributed. If there are any other exclusives older pledges are receiving it'd be great for all of us to hear.