New here.. the game looks and sounds great

Just wanted to pop in and say I have my fingers crossed for this game. So far I really love the graphics and art direction and the calmness there is while running around. I'm so tired of 'in your face' noise and animations from modern mmo's. WoW has even become this way when it wasnt before. I also enjoy the sound effects put into the game so far. Animations are smooth, too.

I'm looking for to being a part of the progression of this game and I really hope it becomes my home like WoW was during its first few years before being dumbed down too much.

Comments

• YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    Welcome to the madness! :smile:
    And +1 to the art style - I like it too and am happy CS is not just following a cheap PBR (Physically based rendering) doctrine which almost every AAA title does these days.
  • Welcome! :)
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    The art direction is one of my favourite things about this game.
  • Welcome to the fun house!
  • Hazard89Hazard89 Terra Australis
    The art direction is really nice, I agree. Easy on the eyes, and stylized so hopefully it will still look nice a decade from now. Longevity, I think, should be a priority of any sandbox MMO.
  • ChojinChojin www.aria-france.fr
    Welcome on board :)
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    Welcome to the thunder dome
  • edited June 6
    Yup... ive been running around a couple more days and really love the look and feel of the game.

[snipped by mod]
  • edited June 6
    [snipped by mod]

Yup, I have to say it again, love the way this game feels and looks. Now I just have to 'un-wow' myself and learn how to play it. I can't see to really figure out what I should be doing after talking to NPC's etc.

Any youtube vid suggestions or websites to get me started?

[Don't mind me, just doing a bit of mop and bucket work. Though you might want to change that forum handle, unless you were hoping that email would be unusable forever. -- SMW]
    Veronica has some good stuff on her website
    And there's a new player guide here
  • edited June 5
    TY... ?I? cant get the google docs one to open... it might be because my work server or is it the link?
    Probably restricted by your work firewall, try going through a proxy server. But that's the one you really want to start with.

edited June 6
    edit: I take all that back, game looks good. And Kade's pretty cool I guess.
  • ChojinChojin www.aria-france.fr
    The game looks great yeah ;)
    Now we can close the topic and move.
  • YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    q.e.d.
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    I don't usually get quite this heavy handed on a thread, but we have a ton of new people this week and I thought it would be faster to show you what I wanted than to explain about civility.

In general, please report, don't respond, when you need a cleanup on aisle five.