After the massacre of Bless Online, still confident enough to release the game in fall?

For whoever have followed the recent release of Bless Online and the huge disaster it was:
Steam is refunding everyone without even considering hours played. People are calling it a scam and a money grab. Every streamer on Twitch and Youtuber are trashing the game, calling it Dead on Arrival, and the majority of reviews on Steam is strongly negative.
After seeing this massacre (which still is a word light enough considering this disaster), you quite soon realize the consequences of releasing a un-polished game with lack of content.

So I'm asking - are we still confident enough to release the game as soon as in fall?

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I really dislike those asian-looking games
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    Sacha said:

I really dislike those asian-looking games

Ohhh, if it was only the looks...
    I heard it was TERRIBLE!

I played Aion for a few years. It was alot of fun until the screwed up rifting. The dredge twinks were the only real fun to be had for me.
    As far as the looks goes, its not my favorite, but any game, in my opinion any game that has good and interesting playability can enjoyed immensely. Alot of people say the old text based rpg's were the most fun they had with rpg's
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    waygone said:

Alot of people say the old text based rpg's were the most fun they had with rpg's

That is true, but relative as always. The truth is there was nothing else.
    I still remember playing Invicible Island and later on The Hobbit in my Spectrum.
    Man those were hard, and no M map with GPS haha
  • edited June 1
    It is hard to predict what will happen upon release. LoA is a very different beast in the sense that it indirectly carries some bagage from titles like UO ans NWN, but at the same time will face the modern (and at times mindless) expectations.

What I am more certain of is that, even if Steam launch is unsuccessful, the game will most likely thrive in the form of community custom servers.