Has anyone at Citadel actually HELD a bow?

SercruseSercruse Canada
edited May 27 in General Discussion
Why in the fuck do they weigh 16 stone when an axe weighs 4? A bow should weight like 2 or 3 stone if you're going for "realism" considering your recent decision to remove the world map entirely.

Edit: And apparently arrows weigh more than the material used to make them. These are some quantum fucking arrows. Bang up job gents, I think we're ready for release!

Comments

• Hazard89Hazard89 Terra Australis
    lol
  • Sercruse said:

...These are some quantum fucking arrows. Bang up job gents, I think we're ready for release!

Quote of the day ;D
  • ShoeshineShoeshine Sweden
    Sercruse said:

And apparently arrows weigh more than the material used to make them. These are some quantum fucking arrows. Bang up job gents, I think we're ready for release!

ROFLMAO. This cant be true. How could this ever get pass some sort of quality check b4 getting ingame?
  • RelsanctRelsanct Costa Rica
    edited May 28
    I also find the animation for archery to be very awkward and slow. The character more or less stands with shoulders facing the target and draws back the bow which is not accurate. Feet and Shoulders should be perpendicular to the target when shooting.
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    Relsanct said:

I also find the animation for archery to be very awkward and slow. The character more or less stands with shoulders facing the target and draws back the bow which is not accurate. Feet and Shoulders should be perpendicular to the target when shooting.

Yeah, and when I'm casting spells I wave my hands in a clockwise motion simultaneously. And taming a wyvern is soooooo different than the animation compared to reality.
    Time to remember This IS a game after all.
    I do however agree with the weight of items, especially compared to resources needs a complete overhaul.
  • SercruseSercruse Canada
    edited May 28
    I've got maybe 20 hours in the game and the object weight/bag capacity system just makes zero sense. It's almost as if they just used a random number generator to assign initial weights to items.

Starting up an archer and trying to grind archery meant I had to first do lumberjacking and then carpentry.

Bows weight 16 stone, just insane and makes zero sense.
    Arrows weigh more than the boards used to make them and boards weigh more than the logs used to make them.

So if you fill up your pack with logs and then set carpentry to craft boards, you'll run out of bag space and stop crafting. Same goes for arrows. It's completely backwards.
  • beater07beater07 America
    Ever think that maybe it isn't about actual realistic weight and rather a means to control how much and what kind of loot you can carry?

A gatherer/ crafter needs to be about to carry lots of raw resources so they need to be light. But an archer doesn't need to carry 100 bows.
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    edited May 28
    Yeah it's all broken atm. Even my post about being naked and having 40 defense, yet the Full Plate armor even with all pieces being +3 you only get 39 more defense. so wtf is your skin made of? Also your fists have a swing speed of 4.20 something but a book gives you 2.20 somthing. lol your hands should be the fastest in game... but no a hard back book makes you swing 2 seconds faster. it's all over the place.
    beater07 said:

Ever think that maybe it isn't about actual realistic weight and rather a means to control how much and what kind of loot you can carry?

A gatherer/ crafter needs to be about to carry lots of raw resources so they need to be light. But an archer doesn't need to carry 100 bows.

Right now you can carry over 1k ore on you.... I'm sure that's not the case :P
    Plus if it wasn't shooting for realistic why is there even a weight allowance? :expressionless:
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    It's a game, it's not reality. You should allow for unrealistic values if they serve balance (or other) purposes.
  • why is LoU even commenting on this ^ LoU can go back to UO you wanna be's
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    Because this is an open discussion forum where anyone can post.
  • I have been trying to come up with a solution to this but I am not having much luck. I had a friend tame an extra horse for me and I had a carpenter craft a wooden chest but I can't seem to get the wooden chest attached to the horse. Maybe when beta is over I will have finally figured out how to do it. If so, I will make a vendor someplace convenient and offer my chest hauling horses at a very modest price.
    Let me just use my Hally with a kite shield real fast..... K
  • The weird weight values bother me as well. Either shooting for realism or convenience. If it's realism balance the weights out to something that makes sense. If it's convenience then get rid of weight all together and just make an item limit on your backpack/bank etc.
    Item limit alone doesn't work on back pack because of item stacks. If we had say 50 item limit that could be 50 stacks of ore, one billion trillion per stack? How can you control people farming items which don't stack (like armor and weapons) and those that farm materials that do stack, like ore. A miner shouldn't be able to carry a billion ore.... Since that would count as only 1/50 items.... This is why they do weight.
  • Hazard89Hazard89 Terra Australis
    What if arrows were just lighter?
  • I thought the game was in development with a skeleton staff?
    They want you to run out of arrows and have to go bank so if they are lighter you can carry more of them and farm longer periods of time without banking.
  • beater07 said:

They want you to run out of arrows and have to go bank so if they are lighter you can carry more of them and farm longer periods of time without banking.

Arrows or no arrows. You are still forced to go to the bank to leave all of your copper.