Can someone help me setup using crossover or wine (Failed to initialize graphics/Directx 11)?

Currently, I'm facing this error:

Failed to initialize graphics.
Make sure you have DirectX 11 installed, have up to date
drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled
3D acceleration in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ChojinChojin www.aria-france.fr
    Hello,

My friend used to run the game through Wine few days ago.
    But he had to use really recent version, like 3.7 (use PlayOnLinux, much better to manage different Wine version/environment).

I did not try myself yet but will do this soon.
  • hi there, suffering the same problem :(

i'm on mac, after trying different wine versions and wine wrappers (playonmac, crossover, winery etc) i gave up for now and am using dualboot (bootcamp win10/macos).

if anyone is successfully playing via wine (mac or linux) or a wine wrapper (playonmac/linux) with the latest 64bit client 0.6.3b plz let us know!
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Yes, plz let us know. I gave up about 2 and a half years ago and using dual boot from then.
    edited May 25
    I did try on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits :
    - Install PlayOnLinux and run it
    - Go to manage Wine versions
    - Choose 64 bits and the latest (currently 3.8)
    - Once Wine installed, return to the main window and click on Configure
    - Create a new virtual drive and choose 64 bits installation, choose Wine 3.8
    - Once drive created, go to install components tab
    - Choose:
    * mono210
    * d3dx11
    - Once done move the installer .exe to your /home/yourlogin/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/YourDriveName/
    - Still in the Configure Window, General tab, run command prompt
    - Go to C:\ and run the installer
    - Once installer finished, on command prompt CD "Program Files\Legends Of Aria Beta"
    - Run LegendsOfAria.exe
    - Enjoy :smile:
  • edited May 27
    tried the same under mac (using PlayOnMac) and no luck :(
    i'm not sure dx11 is correctly installed/identified on my mac, was wondering how it looks for you.
    @Chojin can you install "dxdiag" component and run it? does it say directx 9 or 11?

for the rest who wanna try under mac: PlayOnMac sadly only has 2.1-staging wine version with the 64bit support (amd64), but you can manually "inject" a newer one (3.8-staging )by just d/l the tar.gz from winehq and moving its contents to "~/Library/PlayOnMac/wine/darwin-amd64/3.8-staging/".
    Not sure if my dxdiag is accurate, it says DirectX 9.0c (dxdiag 32 bits, the 64 bits does not launch)
    Thx @Chojin
    I installed it and played. But the keyboard won't go. If I click on the chat window the keys work there, but not in the game (I can't open backpack, char window, exit with ESC, etc).
  • AmekaAmeka United States
    I got the game working on my chromebook with Ubuntu installed using wine 3.8 and winetrick dx11_42. However, none of the models will appear. I can log into the game and move around, interact with NPCs, but cannot see any models for my player or any NPCs/monsters. :(
    Any new about using wine? I don't have Windows right here!! :(