Server reboot, 5/23/18, 10:45 EDT

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
We are rebooting the servers to try and address the performance problems, before I get motion sickness from the up and downs.

Comments

• SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    The reboot didn't work, so we're taking them down to do a closer look. Sorry, everyone - I'll let you know when the guys give me a new estimate.
    We have ruled out a problem with us - it's a network issue, and our host is on it. Still no ETA, but I wanted to let you know where we were.
    edited May 23
    Okay, everyone. We're going to try to bring it back online now. BUT PLEASE NOTE (EDITED): We're restarting from 6:30 PM PDT/9:30 PM EDT 5/22/2018 (that's 2:30 AM 5/23 UTC) yesterday.

There were so many crashes and restarts related to this network issue, so we're restarting from our last full backup that we know was totally unaffected by this problem.

We're working on safeguards for the future. Sorry, everyone, for the unintended time travel, and thanks for bearing with us while we tracked this down.

Edited with a new time estimate.
    Edit: Server coming back by 3:30 EDT. Finding that new save that gave you 2.5 hours back means we had to push back the restart ;)
    Aaaaaand, down. I'm sorry, everyone, we're fighting as hard as we can. Stay tuned --
    We are moving the game to another physical machine to see if that helps.

So sorry, everyone, this has been kind of a shit day, and your patience with us means a lot.
    We're back up...and holding our breath.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    This are the days you wish they pass fast...