Patch Notes, 5/17/18

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
Servers are coming down at 4 PM EDT (that's in just a few minutes) and will return within about 10 minutes with the following:

-Guards now remove/prevent stasis and vanguard abilities.
-Daggers, Blunts, Poles and Bows now have higher accuracy.
-Reduced gain rate of primary stats substantially.
-Primary combat abilities now multiply total damage instead of offering a bonus to base weapon damage.
-Increased the damage of all primary abilities (bash, slash, power shot etc).
-Increased rate of regeneration attributed to Channeling.
-Increased global stamina regen.
-Temporarily disabled Snipe & Backstab to be replaced next patch.
-Added missing ability books to loot tables
-Rebalanced monsters and in Deception/Contempt/Ruin & Corruption.
- Removed/reduced hit points & health multipliers
- Reduced gold multipliers to x2.
-Pet’s guard stance now guards the owner correctly.
-Pets go back to following the player they were following before combat, if they were following anyone (as opposed to defaulting to the owner).
-Fixed pet go command when issuing via speech.
-Dead players can no longer control their pets.
-Weapon swing timers are now reset when completing, releasing, and canceling spell casts.
-Torches no longer alter swing speed and allow for double hits.
-Characters can no longer use combat abilities while stunned.
-Loot drops that are stacks of an item now properly spawn, instead of only a single item.
-Creatures at the Barrens Awakening Spawn no longer attack one another.
-Misc server optimizations

I know I was speaking about having a new system in this week, and that's why we didn't patch last week, and blah blah. One week's a tease, but two weeks is annoying. I thought I'd better tell you what it is so that you understand why we keep delaying it.

Secure trading.

For those of you new to multiplayer games with trading, the first iteration of a trade system is basically a dupe exploit manufacturing device. What happens when someone logs out with a trade window open? Disconnects? Loses power? Gets killed? Goes AFK for ten minutes? An hour? A day? How about yoinking something after one person accepts? What about rearranging things? You have to test all this and more, with each type of item that can be traded. And I just listed the things that have caused dupe bugs over the course of my career. I don't flatter myself that I know about every way a trade window can be exploited. So, yeah, we tried, but it's just not ready for you...and even after WE think it's ready, we're counting on YOU to try and break it, and to tell me about it so I can reward you appropriately ;)

P.S. Jeffrey's also working on crafting orders.

Comments

• SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    Portable trade benches are coming!
  • Looks good, can you make our backpack look like that? :)
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Sanya said:

I thought I'd better tell you what it is so that you understand why we keep delaying it.
    Secure trading.

I won the guess!! What was the prize again? :smile:

• Awesome work guys!!!

This is great, cant wait for the trade system lets see if we can break it ^_^
    Sacha said:

Sanya said:

I thought I'd better tell you what it is so that you understand why we keep delaying it.
    Secure trading.

I won the guess!! What was the prize again? :smile:

I can't find the freaking thread!
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Sanya said:

I can't find the freaking thread!

Haha, don't worry, I was kidding. It's enough prize if those "Trade", "My offer" & "Their offer" is text that can be translated instead of being embedded in the image.

• Thanks for the good news!
  • Great news! Thank you @Sanya ! Keep up the good work guys! It is always nice to hear about what is going on behind the curtains.

I am also super excited about the trading system!!! But am I the only one who feels like the trade graphical interface does not match the standard LoA GUI theme? I guess was expecting a skin similar to that of the crafting windows, etc. Maybe this is just a first iteration? (I know, I know, I am picky when it comes to visual identity/consistency...)
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    edited May 17
    What will Backstab and Snipe be replaced with? Another Prestige attack skill or with itself after a Nerf??

My main issues:
    *Random houses not fully rendering, making it to where you can walk in their house.. (No walls but a foundation) And players such as ******** can openly activate this bug or w/e it is.
    *Strength Stat means very little if anything for Melee combat damage: Being it's primary function for STR.
    Stats in general should have a higher beneficial value/the most value from 45 to 50.
    *Bandage bug. (Happens a lot when people in your group die from guards/NPCs or players)((Just randomly))
    *Bandage heal amount.
    **Grats on the Torch bug fix** :)
    *Group window/ Backpack resets after entering/exiting a dungeon.
    *I personally don't know how this happens or if it's a bug but I was walking around in an unprotected zone and got struck by a lightning bolt. (Guard whacked) It may have been a late reaction? I'm not 100% sure about this one but it has happened twice. Not to just me either.
    *Mounted horses sometimes will not register, leaving the appearance of a fast running Character model(On Foot-Mount Speed)((Could be misconstrued as hacking or "speed" hax))
    *After blacksmithing I've noticed (rarely) that I'll keep my hammer and slab in my hands.
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    Can't wait to test.
  • Not sure what happened with this patch, My GPU and cpu are at 100% load with LOA running , I7 and a GTX 1070.
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    I have to agree with Jubbin, and take it a step further.

You guys at Citadel seem to be all over the place with stats.

Str should be a primary stat with swords, maces, and polearms and carry capacity.

Dex Should be primary stat for daggers, bows, and attack speeds.

Int should be primary stat for magic and mana pool.

We should have to be forced to choose our stats around our build.

Right now we simply don't have to. I can be a 10 str 10 dex 32 int Hally wielding bow shooting mage, and suffer almost no penalty for my choice.

I mean its like you guys are trying to figure out balance without having your primary building blocks in place first.
  • Sanya what about polearms prestige skills? they are actually weird, there are still obsolete skills like dismount, is it planned a rework of this combat skill?
    Meziljin said:

Sanya what about polearms prestige skills? they are actually weird, there are still obsolete skills like dismount, is it planned a rework of this combat skill?

Still working over all the skills, so I can't say for sure what exactly will happen. Just know we aren't done. :)
    I'm not ignoring the other questions - I've asked the guys, and I'll report back on Monday. I'm about to head out of town for the weekend, that's all.
  • ezynite@shaw.caezynite@shaw.ca bigrock20
    edited May 19
    When will you be replacing Backstab/Snipe? Time Frame, please... Also if yeah took away Snipe 3, will we get our training points back and if we had Snipe 3 will we get the replacement of the new prestige book? I Assume not but I can dream lol
    edited May 22

When will you be replacing Backstab/Snipe? Time Frame, please... Also if yeah took away Snipe 3, will we get our training points back and if we had Snipe 3 will we get the replacement of the new prestige book? I Assume not but I can dream lol

(EDIT TO ANSWER THE WHOLE QUESTION)
    The timing of the replacement and overhaul is within three weeks. Definitely not this week, but penciled in for the patch after this coming one.

As for the book - we're wiping this whole thing in two months :) I am sorry about the book, but the time spent on replacing something that will get wiped is, at this point, not time well spent for us.
  • PapaNoobsPapaNoobs Brasil
    I wonder when,
    the game economy will be adjusted,
    that is when items built by players can be sold to npc
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    @Sanya
    I just wanted to see if July is a "set" month for wipe and early release, or if it will be re-evaluated based on if the game is "ready" according to devs?
    I will admit, selfishly I will be in Alaska fishing until late August and won't be able to participate until then. Needless to say, if its pushed back, I won't be crying.