Cash Shop

So, when the game goes live (or something like that), what will we be able to spend our hard earned on? Will there be a monthly sub? Some cash shop items? What is known and what is the speculation? (I want to support this game, so looking forward to spending some cash. :) )

Lin

Comments

• beater07beater07 America
    If there is a cash shop 80% of their backers will quit the game. So let's hope not.
  • beater07 said:

If there is a cash shop 80% of their backers will quit the game. So let's hope not.

And where is your data to back this up? Or do you meant that 80% of the more vocal backers will quit the game (which would be more believable, which still needs supporting data).
  • LeaannaLeaanna United states
    beater07 said:

Actually I heard they will have a cash shop but with items that are not the usual pay to win items, mostly cosmetic. Also, if they did come out with a cash shop id def support them, because I want to give them revenue so that they can update the game, pay the mods, and stuff like that which will insure that the game thrives for a while to come and not just the first year.
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    There will be a cosmetic cash shop. Hats, cloaks, that kind of thing. Shiny objects. Probably (non-fighting) pets.

We're still talking about whether or not we'd charge for DLC packs, if you want the honest truth. It worked well for Guild Wars. But if the cash shop did well enough, we wouldn't have to.

• I think DLC is also a great idea. As long as the items from those areas were not P2W (things like mounts, hats, etc).
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    what's dlc?
  • DLC stands for Downloadable Content, which is usually sold as an expansion to the original product.
  • LinthuLinthu Colorado
    So, maybe my question was too assuming. I wasnt looking to stir up a "pay to win religious battle". I think we all know how that discussion will end up. I was more looking for how LoA will make money, in the more "I want to support the developers" perspective.

I like DLC. Not too crazy about cosmetic items, im not that into house deco or dressup.

What about things like:

Additional character slots
    Larger bank weight limits
    Bank access from House
    Shared bank between characters
    Portable crafting stations
  • edited May 12
    I would say the only one of your suggestions which would be acceptable is the first one granting additional chracter slots. All the other ones directly impact the gameplay and could very well be interpreted as "pay to win".

From what the developers have been saying, any official cash shop would only offer cosmetic items. That way the gameplay is not affected. In addition, restricting the cash shop to cosmetic items would save the developers countless hours of work
    which would be spent rebalancing all systems due to some silly advantage players are allowed to purchase.

If you are that eager to support the game, just buy two or more accounts. That will give you many character slots! ;)
    Clarification on my statement is needed I think.

When I say there better not be a cash shop I'm referring to what most games cash shop are, pay to win.

I'm fine with cosmetics items but would prefer that those same item are achievable in game as well with enough effort.

• fiyadankfiyadank Murica
    you can never have enuff shineys and pretties and cosmetic housing...look at lord of the rings online for instance the housing there and all its shimmer and bang they made housing fun ,creative ,and very pretty all way around
  • MummrikMummrik Sweden
    edited May 13
    My guess is that the "Loyalty points" is some kind of currency for cash shop.
    And will most likely contain house blueprints, furniture, cosmetic equipment skins and other fun stuff.
    That would take away some of the grinding to get interior for your house.

That is my thoughts of what the community want the shop to be, atleast thats my wishes.
  • Pay to win destroys games. It's like competing in sports and your opponent is jacked with all kinds of hormones and things. Not very nice. It ruins everything.
  • Lord_GLord_G Aria
    I'd buy a potion of protection from pvp gankers for one hour from a cash shop! the devs could retire millionaires by selling that one item.
    PTW!
  • MazcoteMazcote United States
    Has the notion of a "Premium" subscription been floated?

Something with a Loyalty Point stipend or similar.
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    Sanya said:

There will be a cosmetic cash shop. Hats, cloaks, that kind of thing. Shiny objects. Probably (non-fighting) pets.

We're still talking about whether or not we'd charge for DLC packs, if you want the honest truth. It worked well for Guild Wars. But if the cash shop did well enough, we wouldn't have to.

@Sanya Paid expansions...er DLC is the way to go! What concerns me more is a "cash" cosmetic shop. Is this cash shop different than the loyalty shop that's suppose to come? Does this mean loyalty points now have no real in-game/long-standing value and instead just pay for the cosmetics?

Scenario: Aria is out for a year,I finally obtain...lets say ethereal horse with X loyalty points. John buys the game after a year, spends $30.00 for ethereal horse.

If this is the route Aria is going the only thing I would recommend is having separate cosmetic shops. The idea of a single cosmetic shop for both cash/loyalty just killed all longevity for the years to come.
    Pretty sure there is no value in having an old account. Money can buy anything I guess.