One Night Of Peace Event 5/18

Come one Come all On Friday the 18th at 8pm CST PWN, will be hosting the One Night Of Peace Event.

With the backing of UHHH and VI we are inviting all players to come out to do the Dragon Fate raid. NO PVP will be tolerated and all griefers will be executed on the spot. Trust me- We will come prepared.
Come experience LOAs only fate and get your chance at a book 3!!!

Time: 8PM CST

Comments

• DoranDoran Deutschland
    very nice idea...
    But as you can see , on the number of answers , 90% of the playerbase ARE pvp/griefers.
  • WhisperMaddisonWhisperMaddison United States
    I remember people trying to do events like this in UO. I also don't remember a single time where it didn't turn in to a massive mess of pvp.
  • RelsanctRelsanct Costa Rica
    Just the fact that you said you will come prepared is basically challenging any pks to come. It also assumes you will be geared and offer more rewards for someone to kill you and steal all your loots.
  • beater07beater07 America
    Nice tactic, lure everyone in their best gear out there for massive slaughter. :)

The best part about this game is hopefully that that is still possible to do. Sandboxes for the win.
  • fiyadankfiyadank Murica
    lol I'm sorry but this is just too much of a laugh...a night of peace in a pvp game? really man? you might have the best of interest at heart but buddy I'm here to reassure you that majority of the people here don't...best of luck to you but don't come back here QQ when someone doesn't do what you like and ruins your lil party....

and shame on you any gm that would dare discipline anybody you trys to pvp during this event. by calling it griefing or anything else...

this happened in Wow years n years ago on a very popular PVP server..somone tried holding a wedding in game and pvp'ers destroyed it...know what happened to those pvp'ers they all got banned...I cannot tell you how much wrong that is.

I really see this same thing happening again.......
  • CryodacryCryodacry cryodacry@hotmail.com
    @fiyadank

I find it funny with how the majority of the PVP'rs are in this game... Your going to find something interesting happen ...

If you think that LoA will not have PVE only servers you are just kidding your self. With out the majority of PVPr's in this game behave you will see all the "sheep" that the wolves want to hunt disappear. Then the PVP'rs will get bored and leave the game because there is no one left to kill.... Or even worse the PVP'rs will be forced to play the weaker rolls them selves because they no longer have an economy due to "over hunting"

You claim this to be a PVP game and this is not a PVP game... It's a sandbox game... HUGE difference. If this was a PVP game then there would not be a PVE aspect of the game or the option of never leaving the protection of the guards. Just like EVE... EVE is not a PVP game... it's a sandbox game that allows you to play with your toys and other people to smash your toys if they are able.

Either way Once this game releases there will be Private servers that are PVE only .... I would be even willing to bet that their will be Official PVE only servers with thriving economies.
  • DoranDoran Deutschland
    edited May 16
    Cryodacry said:

@fiyadank

I find it funny with how the majority of the PVP'rs are in this game... Your going to find something interesting happen ...

If you think that LoA will not have PVE only servers you are just kidding your self. With out the majority of PVPr's in this game behave you will see all the "sheep" that the wolves want to hunt disappear. Then the PVP'rs will get bored and leave the game because there is no one left to kill.... Or even worse the PVP'rs will be forced to play the weaker rolls them selves because they no longer have an economy due to "over hunting"

You claim this to be a PVP game and this is not a PVP game... It's a sandbox game... HUGE difference. If this was a PVP game then there would not be a PVE aspect of the game or the option of never leaving the protection of the guards. Just like EVE... EVE is not a PVP game... it's a sandbox game that allows you to play with your toys and other people to smash your toys if they are able.

Either way Once this game releases there will be Private servers that are PVE only .... I would be even willing to bet that their will be Official PVE only servers with thriving economies.

Cryodacry said:

@fiyadank

EXACTLY that, there are more wolves then sheeps.
    All that wolves have a good memory of the old uo, but the old uo had a lot more sheeps because the game as a whole was suited for everyone.

When this game doesnt change , official servers will be dead realy realy fast. I just hope there will be some good populated shards. This game needs some good reviews when released, LoA needs player which never played uo before. But if all that die hard uo vet „wolves“ blocking the game to be up to date it will be realy hard.
  • Why do things always have to be do so dramatic with you guys? I just want to have a crafter and a fisherman, and I appreciate the PvP nature of the game, plus I intend to play on the official servers. There, I am the case you insist to ignore.
  • Well I didn't see any of this discussion until today. The reason I call it one night of peace is the top PVP guilds have agreed to participate and protect if something does happen. I say bring it on if pvpers decide to grief. We wont go without fighting back. Unless the bring 20+ griefs then they will be outnumbered.

Also I want to say that Im at least trying to make things fun instead of complaining. maybe try that out for once...

ANYWAYS

Reminder : Come one Come all On Friday the 18th at 8pm CST PWN, will be hosting the One Night Of Peace Event.

With the backing of UHHH and VI we are inviting all players to come out to do the Dragon Fate raid. NO PVP will be tolerated and all griefers will be executed on the spot. Trust me- We will come prepared.
    Come experience LOAs only fate and get your chance at a book 3!!!

Time: 8PM CST
  • PWNs discord- https://discord.gg/yNtDaVh I’ll be on soon