Using bow and casting at the same time

KacerionKacerion Canada
edited May 8 in General Discussion
Hey there, so ya I used to be an archer at 70% of skill and 50% evocation and I feel that it was really cheap to use abilities like snipe + casting energy bolt at the same time. Just been killed by I guy, he was doing exactly that nice exploit.

1- Precast the ability snipe
2- Precast a spell like Energy Bolt
3- Then cast the two abilities back to back.
Two skills running in parallel.

Same kind of exploit is when I carve a animal for the leather, I cast at the same time my next spell to save some time.
Maybe fix the fact that you can't cast a spell and do any other action at the same time.

Solution, maybe a cooldown, or when you switch weapon it reset the other precast like if I precast snipe and begin to cast a spell, the ability snipe reset.
Thought about that ?

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    precasting should be cancelled if you do another action or after a while if you don't cast the spell.
  • As much as I love pre-loading my spells as a pure mage, I agree with Sacha. You should only be able to hold a precasted spell for 10 seconds or so before it goes away. Or make an ability/skill you have to invest in to give you permanent pre-casting abilities, so theres at least a sacrifice made for such a privilege.
  • nexednexed boston
    Beta. UO was like that as well. I imagine when they further tweak the damages upon release this won't be as large if a problem. I don't see a problem with being able to hold a spell and use a wep ability.
  • I agree with @Sacha and @JarethGawain. Queuing a spell and ability simultaneously is counterintuitive and makes the game harder to balance for devs while increasing the learning curve for new players. I doubt it was designed that way on purpose, seems like a bug.
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    edited May 9
    nexed said:

Beta. UO was like that as well. I imagine when they further tweak the damages upon release this won't be as large if a problem. I don't see a problem with being able to hold a spell and use a wep ability.

Yes but what about the legions of derps who cant possibly figure it out themselves??????

Seriously tho this is beta, I don't expect much of what we currently have to make it to final.
  • KacerionKacerion Canada
    Glad to hear that this is a bug. Thanks.
  • nexednexed boston
    It isn't necessarily a bug. Like I said before it's Beta UO was like that. It won't be as much of an issue when they how much damage everything does.