horses dont knock on doors

so don't let them inside buildings please..if there is a door then there is no horse

Comments

• Agree to 100%.
    Mounts should be automatically dismissed (as statues into your backpack) on arriving into a house.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    +1
  • LinthuLinthu Colorado
    +1!
  • BelgeranBelgeran Australia
    edited May 4
    i disagree, pocketing your mount is at least as immersion breaking as a mounted player indoors.
    Only difference is forced dismount is an inconvenience as well as immersion breaking.

Houses don't have stables yet. So the option is statue or leave it outside. I have always been against the statues, but that doesn't stop me from being against indoor mounting too.
  • SerivikSerivik USA
    edited May 4
    Turning your horse into a statue is easily handwaved in a game world that already has magic. Riding your horse around indoors, in this case, is the less believable course of action. Forcing a dismount before going into buildings, however, is a lot of inconvenience and would lead to a slew of horses scattered haphazardly around the entrance of popular buildings.

+1 for statues or some kind of auto-stabling system, as long as it doesn't massively inconvenience everyone

[edited per my follow-up post below]
  • edited May 4
    Wait, what? I always bring my horse inside to watch late night TV with me. Are you all telling me I am a weirdo? :trollface:

In all seriousness now, I don't really mind how things are working at the moment. I think realism sometimes gets in the way of a more fluid gameplay.
  • That's a good point, @Zxcv, and I agree that gameplay should be addressed before considering realism. This seems like a topic with plenty of room for compromise, but I'm realizing I actually don't know enough about the layout of Celador or where and how people use various NPC services to form an opinion on what would be acceptable.

I will amend my +1 to include "as long as it doesn't massively inconvenience everyone".
  • Zxcv said:

In all seriousness now, I don't really mind how things are working at the moment. I think realism sometimes gets in the way of a more fluid gameplay.

True. But there is a limit how much liberties you can take with reality until it hurts the game. Horses in houses is a big immersion breaker.
  • TalizzarTalizzar Colorado
    BDO has horses and boats and wagons all over the place. You get used to it. You can ride into some buildings though. Albion allows horses and mounts in buildings. I guess it would depend on the size of the building in question if a mount should be allowed. I have no strong opinion in any direction.
  • Talizzar said:

BDO has horses and boats and wagons all over the place. You get used to it. You can ride into some buildings though. Albion allows horses and mounts in buildings. I guess it would depend on the size of the building in question if a mount should be allowed. I have no strong opinion in any direction.

- __ -

Ridiculous garbage. Let them have their Habbo Hotel crap.
  • edited May 8
    Prohibiting mounts inside buildings and houses have some consequences on "house raid PvP" scenarios, and "Faction town fights". By definition the person inside the house/building would be at a disadvantage against an outside threat. I don't know if this is good or bad, but it should be taken into consideration in this discussion.
  • Fix the right click menu on horses so its responsive and smooth then we can worry about small nit picky nonsense like this. We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings? Good Lord !
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    Franklin said:

Fix the right click menu on horses so its responsive and smooth then we can worry about small nit picky nonsense like this. We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings? Good Lord !

OP apparently has a horse fetish..../shudder.
    Franklin said:

We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings?

That is natural. We don't have a linux server or client, and the UI needs some fixing, still there will be people worried about not gaining fishing points fast enough, or not having the right wood to go from 83 to 84 skill level. It's human nature.
  • Sacha said:

Franklin said:

We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings?

That is natural. We don't have a linux server or client, and the UI needs some fixing, still there will be people worried about not gaining fishing points fast enough, or not having the right wood to go from 83 to 84 skill level. It's human nature.
    I feel singled out as I have complained about both of those things.
    Haha, I didn't meant to, just 2 quick examples that came into my mind.
    But I'm worse, since I complain about a lot of things that I plan to customize in my server (like the riding skill) :smiley:
  • As I said, my horse knocks on doors. I think you guys just need to educate your horses a little better. :P
  • Hazard89Hazard89 Terra Australis
    Statues? Can we steal them?
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    Belgeran said:

i disagree, pocketing your mount is at least as immersion breaking as a mounted player indoors.
    Only difference is forced dismount is an inconvenience as well as immersion breaking.

Agreed... some lazy folk here. I have a horse irl and he comes inside all the time.. and we got a mini horse that does the same thing :/ I don't get dismounted and it certainly doesn't get turned into a statue upon entering the house lol. nah I get it but C'mon... stop being lazy and yes horses can go indoors... they do it all the time.
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    Yeah, and I was casting spells on this red that tried to pk my buddy while he was mining obsidian ore in this cave. I then used my wyvern I had tamed with my fricken crook to make my way down into the dungeon killing gargoyles and imps along the way to go tame my dread horse!
    Yeah, horses in houses really destroys the REALISM this game has to offer.
    Furgawdsakes people!
  • Hazard89 said:

Yes, they can be looted when you die - just like any other item.
    So far, I think the only thing you don't lose upon death is your spellbook.
    waygone said:

Yeah, horses in houses really destroys the REALISM this game has to offer.

They do break the atmosphere, like a laser saber would :smile:

• Hazard89Hazard89 Terra Australis
    Fencce said:

Hazard89 said:

Yes, they can be looted when you die - just like any other item.
    So far, I think the only thing you don't lose upon death is your spellbook.
    Excellent. I made a suggestion in another thread, but will post it here too.

I think it would be a good idea to make the statues only able to be created at stables through stablemaster-NPC dialogue, and also can only be redeemed there. Adding some basic stats to the statue to represent the tame would be great for trading and tamer economy.
  • So can I bring my horse inside still or will I get sent to the wall? Also, I have a pet dire wolf that helps me with my nightmares about Thenns eating my sweetheart, not just her ginger minge. I don't want to make anyone upset but I just wanted to be on the same page as everyone else. Its been a month since this was brought up and I can still bring Whoresey Bottom B anywhere I feel brave enough. Its just hard, ya know, picturing her as a statue in my backpack. Maybe instead we could get some NPC characters that take our horses and do whatever would have been appropriate back in the manifest destiny days. If I have to kennel my dire do I see a blacksmith or a carpenter or will we have tinkers at that point?

Sorry, I know you are all busy making this place as magical as Mario kart 64 battle mode block fort but like different because we haven't implemented horse racing yet but when we do I am assuming it will be outdoors right?!?

Lastly, do houses have pet deposits if kennels are never implemented? Keep me posted and I should be exempt since thens. Either way. please, please, please don't let John Madden have a say in this.

Thanks Matt

/salute
    Guards should attack your dire wolf on sight :smile:
  • edited June 4

Sorry, I know you are all busy making this place as magical as Mario kart 64 battle mode block fort but like different because we haven't implemented horse racing yet but when we do I am assuming it will be outdoors right?!?

Thanks Matt

/salute

Now that’s what you call a game...

Well as much as I agree with some sort of realism in games, I have to disagree with this suggestion wholeheartedly.

Roleplay #1
    What if Mr. Tamer enters his house to have some food and a nap, only to be ambushed by Mr. Stealth Thief?

Would that mean Mr. Tamer has to run outside of his home to find sanctuary and safety around his pet baby Dragon?

Realism #1
    There is also another way of looking at things, you know like rich people have their luxury cars in the top floor of a Penthouse, they have their apartment designed to store their car, why can’t the door be big enough to let in a Horse, or a Dragon?

It’s fine as it is, in my opinion. Maybe it’s unrealistic for one to fit in a little box cabin, but it sure will fit in the mansions and castles available.
    Zaheen said:

Roleplay #1
    What if Mr. Tamer enters his house to have some food and a nap, only to be ambushed by Mr. Stealth Thief?
    Would that mean Mr. Tamer has to run outside of his home to find sanctuary and safety around his pet baby Dragon?

Of course, but only if they allow baby dragons in that town, which would be rare already.
    Zaheen said:

Realism #1
    There is also another way of looking at things, you know like rich people have their luxury cars in the top floor of a Penthouse, they have their apartment designed to store their car, why can’t the door be big enough to let in a Horse, or a Dragon?
    It’s fine as it is, in my opinion. Maybe it’s unrealistic for one to fit in a little box cabin, but it sure will fit in the mansions and castles available.

I'm fine with CS designing castles and mansions where you could put in your own horses or dreads if you want. But not in the local pub.
  • Sacha said:

I'm fine with CS designing castles and mansions where you could put in your own horses or dreads if you want. But not in the local pub.

That's always been a thing though, and a funny part of the game (which is unrealistic yes, but amusing at the same time), in my opinion ^^
    Well, this must be one of the few threads where disagreement is nice :)
    But I won't pay a round for your nag