horses dont knock on doors

so don't let them inside buildings please..if there is a door then there is no horse

Comments

  • Agree to 100%.
    Mounts should be automatically dismissed (as statues into your backpack) on arriving into a house.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    +1
  • LinthuLinthu Colorado
    +1!
  • BelgeranBelgeran @DarkLotus
    edited May 4
    i disagree, pocketing your mount is at least as immersion breaking as a mounted player indoors.
    Only difference is forced dismount is an inconvenience as well as immersion breaking.

  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Houses don't have stables yet. So the option is statue or leave it outside. I have always been against the statues, but that doesn't stop me from being against indoor mounting too.
  • SerivikSerivik USA
    edited May 4
    Turning your horse into a statue is easily handwaved in a game world that already has magic. Riding your horse around indoors, in this case, is the less believable course of action. Forcing a dismount before going into buildings, however, is a lot of inconvenience and would lead to a slew of horses scattered haphazardly around the entrance of popular buildings.

    +1 for statues or some kind of auto-stabling system, as long as it doesn't massively inconvenience everyone

    [edited per my follow-up post below]
  • edited May 4
    Wait, what? I always bring my horse inside to watch late night TV with me. Are you all telling me I am a weirdo? :trollface:

    In all seriousness now, I don't really mind how things are working at the moment. I think realism sometimes gets in the way of a more fluid gameplay.
  • That's a good point, @Zxcv, and I agree that gameplay should be addressed before considering realism. This seems like a topic with plenty of room for compromise, but I'm realizing I actually don't know enough about the layout of Celador or where and how people use various NPC services to form an opinion on what would be acceptable.

    I will amend my +1 to include "as long as it doesn't massively inconvenience everyone".
  • Zxcv said:


    In all seriousness now, I don't really mind how things are working at the moment. I think realism sometimes gets in the way of a more fluid gameplay.

    True. But there is a limit how much liberties you can take with reality until it hurts the game. Horses in houses is a big immersion breaker.
  • TalizzarTalizzar Colorado
    BDO has horses and boats and wagons all over the place. You get used to it. You can ride into some buildings though. Albion allows horses and mounts in buildings. I guess it would depend on the size of the building in question if a mount should be allowed. I have no strong opinion in any direction.
  • Talizzar said:

    BDO has horses and boats and wagons all over the place. You get used to it. You can ride into some buildings though. Albion allows horses and mounts in buildings. I guess it would depend on the size of the building in question if a mount should be allowed. I have no strong opinion in any direction.

    - __ -

    Ridiculous garbage. Let them have their Habbo Hotel crap.
  • edited May 8
    Prohibiting mounts inside buildings and houses have some consequences on "house raid PvP" scenarios, and "Faction town fights". By definition the person inside the house/building would be at a disadvantage against an outside threat. I don't know if this is good or bad, but it should be taken into consideration in this discussion.
  • Fix the right click menu on horses so its responsive and smooth then we can worry about small nit picky nonsense like this. We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings? Good Lord !
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    Franklin said:

    Fix the right click menu on horses so its responsive and smooth then we can worry about small nit picky nonsense like this. We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings? Good Lord !

    OP apparently has a horse fetish..../shudder.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Franklin said:

    We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings?

    That is natural. We don't have a linux server or client, and the UI needs some fixing, still there will be people worried about not gaining fishing points fast enough, or not having the right wood to go from 83 to 84 skill level. It's human nature.
  • Sacha said:

    Franklin said:

    We still trying to get them to fix the interface and you are worried about horses in buildings?

    That is natural. We don't have a linux server or client, and the UI needs some fixing, still there will be people worried about not gaining fishing points fast enough, or not having the right wood to go from 83 to 84 skill level. It's human nature.
    I feel singled out as I have complained about both of those things.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Haha, I didn't meant to, just 2 quick examples that came into my mind.
    But I'm worse, since I complain about a lot of things that I plan to customize in my server (like the riding skill) :smiley:
  • As I said, my horse knocks on doors. I think you guys just need to educate your horses a little better. :P
  • Hazard89Hazard89 Terra Australis
    Statues? Can we steal them?
Sign In or Register to comment.