Client crashing often MSInfo and DXDiag

Comments

• MazcoteMazcote United States
    edited April 30
    Sorry its so ugly.
  • BelgeranBelgeran @DarkLotus
    Might be worth updating GPU drivers 18.4.1 is out i think.

Check in Users\{username}\AppData\LocalLow\Citadel Studios Inc_\Legends of Aria
    folder for output_log.txt and the Crashes folder. They will provide CS with more information if you send those to them.
    Near as I can figure 18.4.1 is the most recent production release... at least that's what I see available on the AMD drivers page, maybe I should look elsewhere?

I'll upload the game logs when I get home tonight.
  • YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    I had an issue today that is probably unrelated, but it helped by restarting the graphics driver.
    I was working in Unity and had closed Unity and started the LoA client when CPU usage suddenly went up to 85% even before joining any server.
    Going to my device manager->Displays->(Your gfx card here) I chose disable,
    waited for the flickering to end and then enable again and the issue was gone.
    I can't say it will help you, but think it might help and is worth a try.
    Good luck in any case.
    Ok, well, in the end it seems that my issues are being created by DirectX. I am happy to submit logs but I am going to continue tweaking as I go.

The game is playable for the most part, I wouldn't take on any "Epic" encounters right now though.

I am going to cross my fingers and hope that the devs iron this stuff out with optimization before release, I cant imagine that my configuration is too unique just because its AMD throughout.
    So I have done a little digging about and it seems that, assuming DX11 vs. AMD is the culprit, under clocking the video card(s)... just a smidge (yes that's a technical term), seems to resolve the issue.

I dropped ~15 MHz on both memory clock and GPU clock and I have not crashed (yet) since doing so.

I have logged probably 4 hours without issue since implementing this "fix".
    Mazcote said:

So I have done a little digging about and it seems that, assuming DX11 vs. AMD is the culprit, under clocking the video card(s)... just a smidge (yes that's a technical term), seems to resolve the issue.

I dropped ~15 MHz on both memory clock and GPU clock and I have not crashed (yet) since doing so.

I have logged probably 4 hours without issue since implementing this "fix".

FYI: This seems to be the fix I was looking for. I have not crashed in days.