Patch Notes, 4/13/18

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
There's a new download available, and Derek is updating the servers now. Here's what you can expect to see when the server returns:

- Hireling dialog closes when you close it
- Double clicking an item that is for sale will now get you the “buy” option
- “Remove from sale” now disappears from an item when a player buys it.
- Doubleclick now works in character portrait
- Targeting mobs no longer has a delay
- Objects that you cannot pick up or purchase no longer have a mouse highlight
- Taming animation added
- Fixed some villager/miner NPCs spawning without names
- Tweaked combat damages for melee and magic:
- INT now delivers the correct damage modifier (large damage increase at low levels of Intelligence)
- Magic spell damage increased vs monsters
- Melee damage modifier now applies correctly.
- Player starting health increased from 100 to 150 hit points.
- Con modifier adjusted to accommodate for increase in starting health.
-Tailor NPCs now sell leather armor
- Cut off heads now have the name of the original owner attached to them
- New characters now start with some sort of armor
- Question mark removed from minimap, replaced with “ability” on hotbar that summons the guide
- Alt-tabbing should no longer mess with your FPS
- Runes no longer cause pets to get stuck in teleport towers
- Mobs who should be attacking will now attack
- Fixed some issues with the character customizer to support hue system, skin tones, and facial hair.
- Beastmastery skill no longer on skill list at character creation.
- Prestige ability points now update on tracker when consumed.
- Woodland animals now engage with ranged combat users.
- Fixed hotbar problems with actions replaced/removed/not saving
- Fixed terrain appearing white in some places
- Increased “drag distance” to create floating health bars. This should make it harder to make a custom health bar by accident.
- Fixed loading screen in 4k resolutions
- Fixed a bug with the “enter world” button on the map at character creation
- The default interaction on animal corpses is now “Harvest.”
- You will no longer be insta-killed for attacking NPC farmers.
- Fixed static (rock and water) collision not loading in some instances
- Right click to move no longer changes the run/walk toggle for WASD or click to move
- Added a temporary character customizer in Eldier Village so existing players can try the new skin tones and (male) facial hair options

Go forth and test! As always in a closed beta, this is what we're HOPING has happened. Only you can tell us if we succeeded ;)

Comments

• SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    What are you waiting for?! GO PLAY!
  • well not so much to test, most are bugfixes, nothing new except BEARDSSSSSS :D
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    Testing bug fixes is pretty much the entire point of beta ;) Like that farmer instakill thing. Someone who doesn't care about their karma needs to try it and see if they get fried by the gods. Take video. Go to the places where the terrain was flashing white and see if it's still doing it. Go cut off a head.

All KINDS OF FUN TO BE HAD, HERE
  • VeronicaVeronica AriaHub.org
    edited April 13
    Sanya said:

What are you waiting for?! GO PLAY!

hahaha, still waiting on my download. It has timed out twice now while I'm trying to make breakfast for the house. Almost done though!

Edit: Really happy to see a few of those bug fixes, made my day!
  • Only males get facial hair? But what about

:wink:

Keep it up, CS!
  • LeirvikLeirvik United Kingdom
    Updated & ready to go, go, go!
  • Sanya said:

Testing bug fixes is pretty much the entire point of beta ;) Like that farmer instakill thing. Someone who doesn't care about their karma needs to try it and see if they get fried by the gods. Take video. Go to the places where the terrain was flashing white and see if it's still doing it. Go cut off a head.

All KINDS OF FUN TO BE HAD, HERE

That's for sure, but most of bugfixes are really focused, for example i have not a tamer so i can't test a good part, and i have not a pk so no karma loss (i'm a good boy lol ), 4 slot full so i cannot test the character creation and armor at begin....
    Waiting download end to see how can i help, meantime good work because this kind of patch are really unattractive but really important
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I find it attractive (I mean the patch, the bearded lady is ok)
  • MeziljinMeziljin italy
    edited April 13
    Here a leaked picture of the new Age of Empire :smiley:

http://prntscr.com/j4vms2
  • @Sanya do you know when they plan on implementing house recall? Currently have a guild of 40 and there is no easy way to get our guild house.
  • dasShakerdasShaker yewtaw
    edited April 13
    It looks like the client version display didn't update to v0.6.3b to match the download file. It still works but something to watch for. :)
  • I see you did some modifications for combat, thanks for that, I hope it’s more balanced as a result.

I’m hoping there’s some plans for the next release to adjust mob and treasure chest loot to match the new equipment stats.
  • It seems like the bug that is causing the floor to turn white is still there. At least that is what I am seeing on a live Twitch stream at this moment.
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    Sanya said:

- Fixed hotbar problems with actions replaced/removed/not saving

Mine are still not saving, everything is gone when i relog or server reboot. Tools i swap between, food on my bars, recall scrolls. Everything
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    edited April 14
    Seems to be intermittent. I have had some items save but weapons and tools seem to never save. I have also had them blank then seem to just show up. Still trying to figure out how that happened to report in game
  • The new graphics are beautiful, but we have gone from the beta of a combat system based on flat damage to the alpha of a combat system based on percentages .. it's all slow and "flat", the armor are all the same, all make more or less average damage and all suffer more or less average damage .. you need to start from scratch ..
  • edited April 15
    I really like these updates, by the way. The game looks a lot more polished! Keep up the good work!

Any idea of when Linux/Mac clients will become available, @Sanya ? I understand that is not a priority right now, but I am just curious. Thanks!
  • Client is less stable, I get hit with waves of lag that I didn't have in the previous build
  • Zxcv said:

I really like these updates, by the way. The game looks a lot more polished! Keep up the good work!

Any idea of when Linux/Mac clients will become available, @Sanya ? I understand that is not a priority right now, but I am just curious. Thanks!

Linux client would be awesome.
  • I also want to know the ballpark time of a Mac client. I want to have some mental preparation first. Thanks
    Macbook Pro Retina, Intel Iris Pro 1536MB