Super high temperature

Good morning everyone!

So the problem is temperatures of my laptop, during playing LoA is so high, its so hot that I cant touch it sometimes, believe or not. It's very weird because even setting fastest graphics settings and use the lowest resolution doesn't change anything. Also tried to open with dedicated graphic card and change nvidia settings but still didn't work.

So I read forum and find out that its maybe problem with fps but after patch we can set fps limit, using 30fps still doesn't change anything.

Also trid Riva Tuner but I cant open it after installing. Anyone has some solutions to this?

PS. My notebook specs:
Win 10, 8gb RAM DDR4, really fast SSD NVMe Samsung, I5-7200U processor, graphics cards nvidia geforce MX150 (comparable to gtx950m and GTX1030) and integrated one HD Graphics 620 (tried using both). So specs are not that bad, especially that components are not old, this are all from 2017.

Thank you in advance for help.

Comments

• Do you hear the fan? Is the cooling working?
    Do you play full screen or windowed?
    A way to decrease temp, is by going to power options and set it to balanced. Next, go to advanced options and set the Maximum processor state to 60% (down from 100%).
    You might notice a slight drop in fps, but not that bad.
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    @Monomatapa
    The issue has been longstanding, and is not the processor. It is the GPU that overheats causing the laptop to get hot. Mine is like a furnace blowing out the working fans. The original post has tried all the things recommended for a solution. I think it has to do with client maxing fps on GPUs
    Just a thought
  • gervithgervith Poland

Do you hear the fan? Is the cooling working?
    Do you play full screen or windowed?
    A way to decrease temp, is by going to power options and set it to balanced. Next, go to advanced options and set the Maximum processor state to 60% (down from 100%).
    You might notice a slight drop in fps, but not that bad.

Yes, fun is spinning and make a lot of noise. I play fullscreen. And unfortunatelly lowering pcu usage didnt help.
    waygone said:

@Monomatapa
    The issue has been longstanding, and is not the processor. It is the GPU that overheats causing the laptop to get hot. Mine is like a furnace blowing out the working fans. The original post has tried all the things recommended for a solution. I think it has to do with client maxing fps on GPUs
    Just a thought

Yeah but new version of client offers FSP limit for example 30. It doesnt help at all tho.
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    @gervith
    Not sure. I haven't yet been able to get laptop to cool down. Just seen posts so far, but not yet anyone saying it's been resolved.
    Would be nice if there was a solution.
    I've had my laptop actually shut down on a few occasions
  • MalystryxMalystryx California
    This is isn't optimized and requires far more resources than it should. That's why your laptop sounds like it's taking off like an airplane because either your GPU or CPU or maybe both are pegged out to 100% most of the time. Hopefully they will resolve this issue before the game comes out of beta.