Update to the...aw, screw it.

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
First: I'm sorry I have been out of contact. I was at a funeral. Normally, I don't just vanish when I'm trying to teach a community to trust me, but your meatspace life has a +10 bonus to initiative.

Second: There is nothing more than I hate than April Fool's Day. Well, sea urchin sushi is pretty awful, but OMFG I hate April Fool. I will never play jokes on you, and I will never tolerate people playing jokes on you. My games will always be a refuge from April Fool nonsense, this I have vowed. Usually I don't post at all on this day, to keep you from having to even wonder, but because I've been offline, I didn't want to spend another day being silent. I promise you this is not a joke, because none of my posts are ever bullshit. The fact that I have to actually say that is part of why I hate this day :P

Third: Yeah, about that patch. The whole team did 16 hours yesterday, and has been working since they woke up this morning. We desperately NEED to get it up today, but there are still some showstoppers.

Honestly, y'all, this is my failure here. I normally don't talk to players about dates unless I'm certain we'll hit them, and I failed to ask some pretty key questions when it comes to creating a realistic schedule. If I had added up the necessary man-hours for each of the tasks I knew they were planning, I'd have realized the math was never going to work out for Thursday. I'm one of the most experienced people on the team, besides Derek of course, and I absolutely should have asked more questions.

So. I'm really sorry to have put y'all on standby. I'll be back as soon as I know more.

Comments

• Ok, now just think about creative way to make amends...
  • damaddogdamaddog United States
    The game is looking great! I for one forgive and I understand how giving out exact dates can sometimes bite you in the ass. No worries. I would love see BODs on the game and the ability to ride a giant beetle and pack animals so you can carry more shit
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Well, for every new there's always someone for whom it's a good new. I'm back from holiday and ready for betatesting now! :smile:
  • I like sea urchin :D And I am pretty sure the Devs love torturing themselves like this. From past experiences good things happen when they start on these marathons
  • Pitchforks.....Villagers....Torches...BURN IT DOWN!, ok i'm over it :), Great game btw
  • VeronicaVeronica AriaHub.org
    Very glad to have you back, @Sanya !
  • MonomatapaMonomatapa Sweden
    edited April 1
    [Removed by the mean old moderator. I try to keep this a politics-free zone around here, just for the sake of my sanity. If you've got questions, or concerns, please feel free to PM or email me at sweathers@citadelstudios.net]
  • GamblorGamblor SMOAKLAND
    Appreciate all your hard work!
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    Gabriel said:

I like sea urchin :D

Just proves it takes all types to make a world.

You can have my share of the sushi ;)
  • Only think I ask is for you all to fix animal pathing and ill be one happy person!
  • From "Legend of Aria" to "Legend of Sanya" it's a moment...
  • MonomatapaMonomatapa Sweden
    edited April 1
    [Please stop and speak to me privately. Thank you. - Sanya]
  • edited April 1
    My condolences on your loss Sanya.
    Sacha said:

Well, for every new there's always someone for whom it's a good new. I'm back from holiday and ready for betatesting now! :smile:

Re-reading my post I should clear, I was referring to the exp build delay, of course, not about the funeral. My condolences too.
    Aw, thanks, guys. I debated not saying anything because I didn't want to make it awkward - we just met, you and I - but transparency sometimes means awkward.
  • VeronicaVeronica AriaHub.org
    Downloading!
    Yes, the download is available, but the server is not yet open. However, progress has been made! Knock wood, everyone.
    Still working. The guys are posting screenshots in the company discussion board to illustrate various problems and stuff that is fixed.

I really liked this one: image
    Any leaked info is good to keep us happy and enterteined. And a list of bugs fixed or those still needed for the build would be great.
  • No problem, we've been waiting for some time, some more won't kill us. Sometimes patience is bitter, but its fruits is sweet!
  • как всегда залупа!
  • edited April 2
    [Edited by moderator. You can be frustrated and still be civil. Please do not do that again. --SMW]
    I would post the patch notes preview, but my fear is that the thing you fall in love with is the thing we have to cut because it's causing the problems, if you know what I mean.
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    *Double-click*.....*client crashes*
  • MeziljinMeziljin italy
    edited April 2
    Nocturn said:

:o :o :o
  • LodizLodiz Sweden
    Would love to see those patch notes ^^
    Nocturn said:

I hadn't got word that the server was officially open, so I rather would have expected that. Hang on, I'll see if I can raise someone.
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    @Sanya I was totally joking, server isn't open yet and sadly I'm at work for right now.
    Hahahaha, OMG, you got me.
    FINALIZING PATCH NOTES AND THEN OPENING EXP OMG IT'S ABOUT TO BE ON