Update to the Update to the Update

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
If I told you that I let these titles get ridiculous in order to inspire my devs to do better estimates in the future, you'd have to promise not to tell them ;)

Okay, seriously. We'd hoped to have Experimental up tonight, but no. There are still a baker's dozen "must fix" issues before we hit you with it. I'm going to be out tomorrow morning, but I'll check in as soon as I'm back in the saddle and let you know where we are if it's not already up and running.

By the way, if you're online in the next four days in any way, please try to wear your pretty armor and clothing - we'll be shooting video to display on the monitor at the show.

Comments

• Show your moves for the camera. :)

/dance_gangamstyle
  • MassimilianoMassimiliano www.legendsofaria.info - www.loashards.com
    I have no idea what happened, but its better talk about the project seriusly, 99% of the community r over 18 years old. And community servers r waiting for it. So, in my opinion is better a serius profile than a kidding profile.
    I hope to dont see again an update of update of what u want becouse is very sad. Like now. Zero replies.
    Im sure ppl r mad now. But we can fix it. Right? ;)

Love.
    Belial.
  • CowgoesmooCowgoesmoo Australia
    edited March 30
    Communication is better than silence and we all know that bad humor is an attempt to hide embarrassment :-)

I think no replies might have more to do with good friday.... *shrugs*
  • YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    edited March 30
    My daily Lua ... ;)

local Update
    Update = function (headline)
    return ("Update of the "..Update(headline).." ")
    end
    print(Update("Update"))
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    The first missed date with us, we can now officially welcome you to the team :)

Looking forward to the changes and fixes, double-clicking and colors! Let's hope it is tonight.
  • First rule of game developing/publishing, promise small deliver big. Think youll have an update in a week then tell us 2, if the update is in fact ready in a week we get a pleasant surprise :)
  • Nicky said:

First rule of game developing/publishing, promise small deliver big. Think youll have an update in a week then tell us 2, if the update is in fact ready in a week we get a pleasant surprise :)

That was very similar to our motto at Amazon.com many years ago: "under-promise, over-deliver."
  • I don't think anyone is surprised and probably there for not upset about the missed deadline. This is just par for the course at this point. We would of been surprised had they hit the deadline. Just how these things go :P
  • edited March 31
    I heard a little bird say Experimental should be ready today! :grin:
  • Nothing yet...
  • They've been at it for like 14 hours now. Crazy dedicated.
  • edited April 1
    Just dont give exact date, just " we will try to give you the exp server before eastern weekend" would be good. Nothing specific. I mean you doing yourself a stressful time.
    info would be good if it will happen in the next 7 days ;) I assume pushing the patch live will probably be delayed by a week due to the delayed exp client?
  • Kell said:

Just dont give exact date, just " we will try to give you the exp server before eastern weekend" would be good. Nothing specific. I mean you doing yourself a stressful time.
    info would be good if it will happen in the next 7 days ;) I assume pushing the patch live will probably be delayed by a week due to the delayed exp client?

probably will not be tested, time miss and PAX is too close...
  • completly forgot pax east :D
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    Yeah, this whole debacle is my fault - please see the "screw it" post I just made.