Update to the Update Plan

SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
I LIVE for cheesy thread titles.

Anyway, dear ones, here's where we are this week. The patch is going well. It didn't suffer as much from our two leads being at GDC (pitchin' publishers, if you're wondering) as you might have thought - because the flights were so long, they worked on the plane :) Let's hear it for in-flight wifi!

We have slightly altered things a bit. Instead of "probably" doing an experimental server build, we're definitely doing one. So that pushes the live version to next Monday or Tuesday, and the experimental version going up on Thursday evening (3/29/18).

We REALLY REALLY need you this weekend, tester family. If you go to your dashboard (https://www.legendsofaria.com/dashboard) after I give the word on Thursday, you should see two client links, the live one, and one that says EXPERIMENTAL.

If you could click the latter and just hammer the crap out of it, and report ALL THE THINGS, it would make such a difference to us.

I'll be sending a prize pack to the top three bug reporters, consisting of...the PAX swag. There's a little notepad, a lanyard, and a signed poster. And also my eternal gratitude!

Who's available?

Comments

• I'll be there!
  • Count me in!
  • Ill be on after work! Party time!
  • edited March 26
    ...and my axe. :D
  • I will try to help.
  • I'll give it a whirl.
  • sure why not :)
  • Echo DegnarEcho Degnar Esoteria, New Eden
    edited March 26
    Count me in.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    A pity this is a bad weekend here, holidays and everybody will be out to the beach.
    I won't even be able to take the laptop with LoA, or I risk divorce...
  • I will be there too :)
  • VeronicaVeronica AriaHub.org
    I'm definitely in.

And long live cheesy thread titles!
  • waygonewaygone Alaska
    Cheesy bread??
    Sounds tasty :wink:
    Gonna be there after work Thursday
  • DmitriyDmitriy Russian Federation
    +
  • yey eastern weekend testing...here i come
  • MoriensMoriens Australia
    Sounds good although I'd donate my rewards if I did hit top 3 - postage to Aus would be exy
  • Didnt knew that someone from CS was at GDC :open_mouth:
  • Thursday evening..... this mean substantially 30 march for europeans?
  • NocturnNocturn Arch-Necromancer
    *Rises from his crypt with a hand held high.*

Woot, it is time to test again!
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    Raitasar said:

...and my axe. :D

Haha we got Gimli, we're safe!
  • Where to Report bugs the best? Forum or email?
    In-game bug report tool in the settings cog, otherwise forums unless directed else where.
    @Sanya For the top prize could we get a signed picture of Miphon???
  • SanyaSanya Inside your computer Administrator
    Moriens said:

Sounds good although I'd donate my rewards if I did hit top 3 - postage to Aus would be exy

Yeah, I don't care :) Until the lawyers make me stop, I ship prizes everywhere we have players.

And then when the lawyers make me stop, I send personal gifts from me to my friends, who coincidentally participated in an event where they would have won a prize had they been eligible.

Games are global, our players are around the world, there will be none of this nonsense where only players in one region are eligible for the fun stuff. The only exception would be if we had a foreign publisher as a partner, and they wanted to handle swag for their region.
    Meziljin said:

Thursday evening..... this mean substantially 30 march for europeans?

Depends on how late you want to stay up ;)
    Nocturn said:

In-game bug report tool in the settings cog, otherwise forums unless directed else where.

+1
    Nocturn said:

@Sanya For the top prize could we get a signed picture of Miphon???

I am traumatizing him with this suggestion RIGHT THIS SECOND.
  • Nocturn said:

Thank you!
  • TiZonaTiZona Felluca
    When does the "party" start?
  • FightzFightz ryanteodosio@gmail.com
    its NITE time and still no client?