What's Better for Warrior PVE?

Hello!
Server is down, and iam boring!
What's u thing about the best warrior pve?

I want:

Lancing 100 - (Stun)
Vigor 100
Healing 100
Heavy Armor 100 (Vanguard)

And then... i have problems!!!
Tresure hunter? <- I thing its a good option
Hidding...? x.x meh...

Archer? But then, the "rol" of my char change... Cause i want go to "Rush mob", and "back fast". But i can "Snipe" or Stun... D: (Double Stun, with archer and lancing? hmm)
Maybe... Manifestation?? for buff, recall and cure?

My stats: 40 str, 30 agi, 10 int, 30 constit, 30 wisdom, 10 will.

What's u thing?

Thank you! Love! <3

Comments

• Looks great to me!

Choose whatever 2 additional skills you want. Manifestation would give you some buffs and utility, Alchemy for potions, Archery for ranged ...you could also go mining and blacksmith to create your own armor and weapons. Or take Cooking and Fishing to have a constant supply of free food (eventually food buffs will make their way into game, too!).

Whatever sounds good to you and your play style would be best. :)
  • lancing is really slow to raise up and slow to attack, if u like kiting tactics its great, but staying under a mob with lancing is a bad choice, considering u cannot wear shield.
    imho slashing and bashing are best for pve, piercing and lancing i see more pvp oriented
    archer is a mid choice, good in both contest i think
    treasure hunting i think its good for a tamer
  • edited March 13
    @Meziljin thx for pointing out the application field (pve/pvp/build..) - good summary ;)
  • @Meziljin

Can you explain further a bit?
    I'm actually trying to figure out what is fun to play for me and what makes "sense".
    I normally dislike playing Alts/Mules, but with 600 Points it's maybe neccessary.
    1st i made a warrior, because i already knew a mage is pain to level and needs gold for Reagencies.
    So i took:
    Slashing 2h Great Axe
    Heavy Armor
    Healing with Bandages
    Vigor
    Fishing for Food Supply
    Treasure Hunting because it's fun.

Why do you think Treasure Hunting fits better for Tamers.
    I dont see the interconnection.

I also thinked of Fishing and cooking to support myself or even Alchemy and some Magic to use Scrolls?
    Is that a viable build, also for some PvP?

I also began a pure Mage and a Crafter yesterday,
    But very at the beginning of anything.

I'd like to figure out what my Main Character and fun in the game is.

Any Tips about Builds or Archetypes and how to setup them are welcome.
    I didnt seriously play UO, so any refers to that wont work.
    I was just 3 Month part of the City Guards on Tremoria RP Freeware back in 2003 or 2004 iirc. I loved it, but i hadn't the time to be online that much and when it was asked for and so i went for other games.
    I maybe missed something, but i recognize that it is also good to not compare everything to UO.
  • edited March 13
    Meziljin said:

lancing is really slow to raise up and slow to attack, if u like kiting tactics its great, but staying under a mob with lancing is a bad choice, considering u cannot wear shield.
    imho slashing and bashing are best for pve, piercing and lancing i see more pvp oriented

Slashing and Blocking makes the best meat shield, yes. But Lancers can kill small groups of mobs faster than any other melee by far since they have a spammable AoE (which means they won't be necessarily "staying under a group of mobs" as long as the other melee). Other melees will kill mobs one at a time and potentially lose agro on mobs they aren't hitting. I've tanked with Lancing just fine so I wouldn't call it a "bad choice," it's just not optimal for tanking bosses. Lancers do hit slower, but they often hit like a truck. Lancing DOES suck to level up, but once you max it out it's pretty nice.

Building a tank with Archery also works just fine, I'd argue better than most melee because it does more DPS, like Lancing, plus you can engage the fight at range and not have to wait for melee range. I have friend who took Archery to tank and he was pulling agro off of the other tanks in his group haha.

My point is, healing is very strong right now, no one needs to have a 1H and Shield warrior just to stay alive. Every weapon has it's use. And everyone has their favorites. I don't think there is a bad choice at the moment but of course that could change after just one patch.

I do agree that Slashing is the best bet for a tank weapon that is good in both PvE and PvP.

Slashing - Steady Damage with bleeds Mid Damage / Mid Crit
    Bashing - High Damage / Low Crit
    Piercing - Low-Mid Damage - High crit
    Lancing - High Damage (Slow attack speed with 2-hands) Mid Crit.
    Archery - High Damage / Slow attack / Ranged
  • edited March 13
    Meziljin said:

lancing is really slow to raise up and slow to attack, if u like kiting tactics its great, but staying under a mob with lancing is a bad choice, considering u cannot wear shield.

Slashing and Blocking makes the best meat shield, yes. But Lancers can kill small groups of mobs faster than any other melee by far since they have a spammable AoE (which means they won't be necessarily "staying under a group of mobs" as long as the other melee). Other melees will kill mobs one at a time and potentially lose agro on mobs they aren't hitting. I've tanked with Lancing just fine so I wouldn't call it a "bad choice," it's just not optimal for tanking bosses. Lancers do hit slower, but they often hit like a truck. Lancing DOES suck to level up, but once you max it out it's pretty nice.

Building a tank with Archery also works just fine, one could argue better than most melee because it does more DPS, like Lancing, plus you can engage the fight at range and not have to wait for melee range. I have friend who took Archery to tank and he was pulling agro off of the other tanks in his group haha.

My point is, healing is very strong right now, no one needs to have a 1H and Shield warrior just to stay alive. Every weapon has it's use. And everyone has their favorites. I don't think there is a bad choice at the moment but of course that could change after just one patch. I agree Slashing is the best bet for a weapon that is good in both PvE and PvP.

Slashing - Steady Damage with bleeds Mid Damage / Mid Crit
    Bashing - High Damage / Low Crit
    Piercing - Low-Mid Damage - High crit
    Lancing - High Damage (Slow attack speed with 2-hands) Mid Crit.
    Archery - High Damage / Slow attack / Ranged
  • edited March 13
    Stundorn said:

Why do you think Treasure Hunting fits better for Tamers.
    It doesn't, treasure hunting can only be done most successfully with a mage, or someone who can reliably cast teleport in group right now because some areas you can't even get to without teleport. Any class can do treasure hunting, and a Lancing Heavy Warrior is just fine! (see video, Active from DJs recommends Lancer Warrior treasure hunter build)

I also thinked of Fishing and cooking to support myself or even Alchemy and some Magic to use Scrolls?
    Is that a viable build, also for some PvP?

Food an be bought for dirt cheap so there's no need to take fishing and cooking in your main character, but you can if you want! There will eventually be food and drink with buffs but right now they are not in game so vendor food is just as good as player made. Alchemy potions are limited to heals and cure right now, which you can buy from vendors or other players - no need for it on your main but again, it's an option if you want!

I'd like to figure out what my Main Character and fun in the game is.
    Only you know the answer to this question. The great thing about this game is you can change skills anytime you want. You don't need to re-roll or start a new class if you don't want to, just change skills :)

Any Tips about Builds or Archetypes and how to setup them are welcome.
    Check out some of the sections in the Unofficial New Players Handbook, you might find it useful: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10kYjGmXH_ZRnRiycZGoo5E99sgIYrAV0DzcBM1pSuOQ

• I actually play

Archery for pulling
    Slashing 2h Greataxe to finish
    Heavy Armor
    Healing must have
    Manifestation additional heal, cure and more buffs later, recall...
    Vigor must have

Is fun to play, although i need to carry Arrows and some Reagencies.
  • about the tamer with treasure hunting, its easy to explain:

A perfect tamer use 4 skills, the last 2 remained are used generally for support or side skill
    Considering that a treasure hunter have to move all around the world ands have to fight monster even big with devious map, a tamer with a wivern is a smart option imho

sure a mage can, like a warrior, but with a tamer is easier imho, no reagent cost, easy crown control, costless build :)

considering that new skills are going to be implemented like tracking, its better leave skill spots available now for combat build, treasure hunting is more pve oriented, on a mage or warrior could be a loss of potential :)
  • @Meziljin
    I understand what you mean.
    I switch to a Gladius yesterday to be better prepared for pvp.
    But i'm still low and cannonfodder for pk 's

This will be a hard levelprocess to the cap at release i guess.