Selling Items?

Newb here, first (well second) day in the game. Got a bunch of loot (armor, clothing) from some mobs and can't seem to sell them. Can you not sell all items or am I missing something?

Tried selling armor/clothing to both tailor and smith and they said "What do you think I am a fool, I won't buy that" or something of the sort.

Comments

• I think vendors buying most items is turned off. I have no idea if they will return that feature. I certainly hope they do.

I’m kind of hoping first though, that house vendor items are actually put ON the vendors instead of crowding up the display when traveling, and that trade windows between players are implemented....
  • ViperViper viper1550@gmail.com
    Yes, please put all items for sale on the vendor like UO. I really dislike how it is right now.
  • i cant eve buy half the crap for sale, have to walk to far away from the vendor
  • What's the point of getting loot on monsters if I can't either break it down or sell it?
  • OmmamarOmmamar United States

What's the point of getting loot on monsters if I can't either break it down or sell it?

"

At this time nothing but keep in mind it is Beta. Generally I only take something that is better then what I currently have and that is for use. I do pick up potions and skill books that I do not have on any characters. There are a couple things vendors will buy, arrows and fabric made from cotton being the two I really focus on.
  • Ommamar said:

What's the point of getting loot on monsters if I can't either break it down or sell it?

"

At this time nothing but keep in mind it is Beta. Generally I only take something that is better then what I currently have and that is for use. I do pick up potions and skill books that I do not have on any characters. There are a couple things vendors will buy, arrows and fabric made from cotton being the two I really focus on.
    Okay..hopefully just temporary..I can stop looting all this crap and hoarding my bank now.
  • In alpha you could salvage material. Its being balanced i think now at this time.
  • buy a house set up a merchant put the items up for sale - players do by them once server is live this will be a larger part of the game.
    Vendors do buy refined materials - wood -> boards -> arrows example

Mobs trash is mostly garbage - but torches, knives, regents, raw meats etc..
    if you cant sell try a tack of 10 a lot of things sell at the stack level of 10
    over all there are not a lot of mob drop items to make money on.
  • Basolisk said:

buy a house set up a merchant put the items up for sale - players do by them once server is live this will be a larger part of the game.
    Vendors do buy refined materials - wood -> boards -> arrows example

Mobs trash is mostly garbage - but torches, knives, regents, raw meats etc..
    if you cant sell try a tack of 10 a lot of things sell at the stack level of 10
    over all there are not a lot of mob drop items to make money on.

Ok, I could do that. But If I´m playing crafter 100% I don´t know how to have money without killing mobs. I hope this will change soon.
  • John ChisumJohn Chisum Zombieland
    Jose said:

Ok, I could do that. But If I´m playing crafter 100% I don´t know how to have money without killing mobs. I hope this will change soon.

Is this your first mmo? Sooner or later players will sell produced items for less, then you can get for the ressources. So your plan wont work anyways. And even if u can sell your wares to npc traders you will not get more as some copper.

• Cronus3166Cronus3166 United States
    I really liked it when UO added the BODs. Then you at least had something to do with your crap items you had to craft to level up your skills.

Right now it is sad that I have to just trash things since I can't smelt/break them :(
  • richeyrichey texas
    Beta or not.How do you develop a commodity based game and have no player to player trade.That should have been first on the list.Well you can buy a house and place a vendor.How many houses are going to be in high traffic areas.Since pvp areas occupy a large number of space players will be forced to put houses in those spots when land runs out.Great for pvp ers Find your favorite vendor, wait for someone to show up and buy the items you want and then kill them and take em.
  • Big part of hunting in Tibia was killing mobs and collect their low grade armors and other loot that you put in a lootbag that is way too heavy. You had to be throwing it around on the ground and eventually drag it back to a city to sell it to the vendors.
    So yes, I do also hope they implement that you can sell items to vendors.