CB1 2/19 Hotfix Notes

Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
edited February 20 in Straight from the Citadel
Bug Fixes
- Mana Regen has been reduced in Light & Heavy Armor.
- Stamina regeneration has been increased in Light & Heavy Armor.
- Destruction now correctly influences AoE spells.
- Bleed now ticks correctly and interrupts spell casting.
- Awakening dragon boss no longer attacks his spawn.
- Lich Lords now cast.
- Full plate armor now has the correct defence rating.
- Treasure map drop rate decreased.

Comments

• pls fix this spread of empty chests everywhere.... treasures should disappear in few minutes....certain areas are full of chests for hours
  • Can something be done about treasure spawning in lakes? I’ve missed out on two treasures because I can’t walk into the lake.
  • Mana regen REDUCED in light and heavy armor? What the hell?

What about adding a bigger mana pool? When you face ppl with heavy armor hybrid builds that easily cure your poison, you end up casting 6-8 spells - then you are OOM(out of mana), and cant do nothing but run.

I wonder if you guys are playing the game yourself.

Other stuff :

- Fix Bandage - its healing for WAY too much
    - Fix empty treasure chests
    - Fix treasure chests that apparently is placed in water
    - Fix digging bug while treasure hunting
    - Bigger mana pool - going OOM way too fast (or add good mana pots?)
    - Delete abandoned houses (players that havent been online in 14 days)
    - Fix Fabrication so it doesnt take 400 years to level compared to BS/Inscription
    - Add more endgame content. (for people that doesnt craft, and they have the skills at max, there is literally no reason for them to log on)

This CAN be a good game, but you really need to up the pace with these hotfixes. Alot of people is allready starting to leave.

• kiizkiiz Bergen / Norway
    The reduced mana regen is an advantage to warrior builds for sure, yet it gives cooperation between frontline and backline a meaning. will be good to see warriors have a proper use again in mass pvp.

What we do need is imo:

Faction HQ's where factioners can Protect and fight. with faction guards that attack opposite factions.. guards should not give points.
  • excuse me.....really.... is it normal a mage in heavy armor? are u really whining about a mana regen reduced in no-cloth armor?
  • tolgavtolgav Tenebrae
    angelita said:

Mana regen REDUCED in light and heavy armor? What the hell?

mages with full plate ? :neutral:
  • BasoliskBasolisk CDN
    edited February 20
    Hrm.. Mage casting lightening with a full suit of plate on - no one see there is something wrong here lol

In heavy armor - you cant move like without - so it should affect casting time, fail rate, mana regen - if you really think about it, you really shouldn't be able to cast with heavy plate on - the use of a scroll or wand maybe but being able to cast no.

If you check out any information on plate wearing knights they had a hard time walking let alone fighting with weapons in plate - the casting should be a NO.
  • problem of heavy armor is that mage wanna wear it to "steal" vanguard, which is their "shield" vs melee... i think implementing a sort of "magic armor spell" will resolove this king of attitude...
  • angelita said:

Mana regen REDUCED in light and heavy armor? What the hell?

What about adding a bigger mana pool? When you face ppl with heavy armor hybrid builds that easily cure your poison, you end up casting 6-8 spells - then you are OOM(out of mana), and cant do nothing but run.

I wonder if you guys are playing the game yourself.

Other stuff :

- Fix Bandage - its healing for WAY too much
    - Fix empty treasure chests
    - Fix treasure chests that apparently is placed in water
    - Fix digging bug while treasure hunting
    - Bigger mana pool - going OOM way too fast (or add good mana pots?)
    - Delete abandoned houses (players that havent been online in 14 days)
    - Fix Fabrication so it doesnt take 400 years to level compared to BS/Inscription
    - Add more endgame content. (for people that doesnt craft, and they have the skills at max, there is literally no reason for them to log on)

This CAN be a good game, but you really need to up the pace with these hotfixes. Alot of people is allready starting to leave.

I think the reduction is great news.

As a non hybrid melee character when mages get the drop on me all I can do is try to run, but I will never actually get away once I’m knocked off horse from the initial spell casts. You are preaching to the choir here.

If you want to wear armor in order to help against melee characters then you should have a lower rate of mana regen. It’s that risk/reward type of choice.

I do agree the bandage heals need to be lowered.

I notice you called out heavy armor in your example. Does heavy armor reduce spell damage?

I really don’t need like the idea of mana pots. Mages are already doing an incredible amount of burst damage and their power should be limited in some way. If mana pots were introduced they should have an extremely long cool down and restore a very limited amount of mana. Cure pots right now are ridiculous and can’t use another for like 5 minutes it seems like.
  • Miphon_CS said:

Bug Fixes
    - Mana Regen has been reduced in Light & Heavy Armor.
    - Stamina regeneration has been increased in Light & Heavy Armor.
    - Destruction now correctly influences AoE spells.
    - Bleed now ticks correctly and interrupts spell casting.
    - Awakening dragon boss no longer attacks his spawn.
    - Lich Lords now cast.
    - Full plate armor now has the correct defence rating.
    - Treasure map drop rate decreased.

I just tested the bleeding and it still doesn't seem to reflect what is said in the tool tip.

"20 - 40 damage a second for 20 seconds."

It seems to last for about 10 seconds and definitely does not do 20-40 every second. The first tick does close to 20 and then is gradually reduced until it fades after about 10 seconds.

If this is the intended behavior that is fine; however, the tooltip saying what I should expect to see does not reflect what I am seeing. Do any skills affect this?
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    Its obviously a tooltip bug. You really think you should be able to do 400 to 800 damage with just one swing?
  • No I do not, but I do think the tool tip should be updated. Which is why I’m bringing it up here.
    Before I post this, lemme state clearly that I really like this game, it has been a blast thus far.

But my main concern is that your making a game like UO, but you don't want to make a clone of UO. I get that, and appreciate that, but in your drive to reinvent the wheel, I don't think your taking into consideration just how much time and effort it took developers to find that "sweet spot" in UO.

So now what your doing is trying all this different stuff, and at the end of the day your going to spend countless hours, just to end up where UO was anyway.

Mages cant survive in just cloth armor, and your mana regen is just way too slow; thats why we ended up with meditation and mages being able to wear leather armor in the first place, so we had longetivity.

As soon as dexxers learn how to "survive the dump", then the fight ends up squarely in the dexxers favor, because you will never get back enough mana.

And why aren't we talking about the real elephant in the room, that is healing. At 500 hp being able to bandage INSTANTLY for 360 is just insane. That and a potion if your a dexxer and a gheal if your a mage and back to full health.

I know its still very early, and these devs have a long road in front of them, but I would humbly suggest before going and trying to reinvent the UO wheel, stop and look at why they made some of the changes they did first.

Hybridization right now in this game is a little iffy. We have tried a multitude of variations, and really have found that hybridizing as a mage heavy build is pretty futile, where as adding magery to a melee heavy build seems to pay more dividends.

I can only hope that you fix healing, and add more schools of magic like necromancy or thaumaturgy to give a pure mage more diversity, or your really working yourselves into a vanilla dexxer with mage hybrid only scenario.

I also have a feeling by splitting the mage role into Evocation and Manifestation, the battle mage or field medic roles, that you were probably hoping for larger battle scenarios, where you would see people speccing one or another and not both, I really don't see that a. working here and b. interesting enough.

One of the things we cherish in our guild from the glory days is we were friends who ran in a tight knit group, dont think we ever fielded more then 8 or 9 guys, but that was pretty much the norm for our server Napa. Sure you had the occasional zergy type guild, but they either weren't very good so it didn't matter, or several groups would combine temporarily to put a end to it.

Hate to see this game become more about how many numbers you can mass recruit or field, it will drive a lot of people away.
    edited February 21
    Oh and can you put the ruin spell back on the inscription table, its missing, so once again cant make a complete spellbook.
  • MarkarMarkar United States
    I don't really see a problem with how much bandages are healing, and I think it would make PvE content much more difficult with a worse ratio of seconds to health. For PvP purposes, the problems are more in the fact that you don't have to time bandages at all because it acts like a potion (instant) and that curing poison/bleed is on a separate timer. That said, burst damage is really high nobody would survive without instant bandages right now.

Comparing it to UO, bandages were basically a full-heal unless you took a ton of hits during the bandaging. On top of that, other people could bandage you as much as they wanted and at a much faster rate, which isn't possible in LoA. Cross healing was a really nice way for a pair of warriors to do content, currently on LoA you need a swarm of mages doing all of the healing.

I agree with the general sentiment though. The builds are super limiting right now and I'd rather see a big dump of content with a slow progression of balancing. I know balance won't be there for a long time, but at least it would be a lot more fun if tons of new weapons/abilities/spells get added in and the community can figure out what the current meta is for that patch. Then eventually there will be enough content to slow down and try to balance things.
  • Markar said:

I don't really see a problem with how much bandages are healing, and I think it would make PvE content much more difficult with a worse ratio of seconds to health. For PvP purposes, the problems are more in the fact that you don't have to time bandages at all because it acts like a potion (instant) and that curing poison/bleed is on a separate timer. That said, burst damage is really high nobody would survive without instant bandages right now.

Comparing it to UO, bandages were basically a full-heal unless you took a ton of hits during the bandaging. On top of that, other people could bandage you as much as they wanted and at a much faster rate, which isn't possible in LoA. Cross healing was a really nice way for a pair of warriors to do content, currently on LoA you need a swarm of mages doing all of the healing.

I agree with the general sentiment though. The builds are super limiting right now and I'd rather see a big dump of content with a slow progression of balancing. I know balance won't be there for a long time, but at least it would be a lot more fun if tons of new weapons/abilities/spells get added in and the community can figure out what the current meta is for that patch. Then eventually there will be enough content to slow down and try to balance things.

+1
    This kinda goes back to my other point about reinventing the wheel.

Bandaging as it stands right now today in no possible way will stay, trust me.
  • kiizkiiz Bergen / Norway
    I like that people expect to survive a dump from 2-3 players like its no prob and therefore bandages aren't OP..
    bandages are OP atm, mage cloth is paper vs a dexxer. The only way to play cloth mage is having a frontline of tanks stunning and poisoning people. Option is run out of mana and die or run a marathon.
    Beta stage, but its not very well balanced at all coming this close to CB2 and Steam release. It might change if the devs take a week to do some proper PvP playing different chars and experience the day to day issues players have rather than just listening to all our complaining, cause then its just a filtering thing where they read comments and make up their own conclusions.
    Or does CS development actually test out stuff prior to implementation? And if so, have you considered having people that understand the aspects of the game better (yes i mean better) than CS devs regardless of what your visions are?
  • GoldGold All Hail Britannia!!!
    I think heavy plate armor should give a malus on agility... I not mean movement speed, i mean agil point. Just like uo a the beginning remove some dex in plate
  • Please increase tmaps drop rate... it's near impossible to find 4s/5s with out killing 1000s of mobs.
  • kiiz said:

What we do need is imo:

Faction HQ's where factioners can Protect and fight. with faction guards that attack opposite factions.. guards should not give points.

Amen!
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    angelita said:

I agree this can be a good game, but asking for more content is not a hotfix... How do you know people are leaving? seems like a guesstimate rather than a fact.

• AlgerothAlgeroth United States
    edited March 8

+1
  • High end mobs should drop high end mats and house decorations, money, and maps. Nothing else.

Can't say anything about the other balancing pieces, as I haven't played enough, but the key to balance has always been to look at where the majority of players set their skills, then adjust downwards from there.