CB1 2/16 Hotfix Notes

Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
edited February 17 in Straight from the Citadel
- Treasure Hunting

- There are 3 stages to hunting treasure.
- Decipher: This allows you to identify some basic information about the map.
- Failing to decipher the map has a chance to severely damage it.
- Deciphering will tell you what region of the world the treasure is buried in.
- It also determines how accurate the map is. The accuracy determines the size of the area the map leads you to.
- Depending on your skill, you have a small chance to get a precise map. These require no skill to study and dig up .and can be sold to players with no treasure hunting skill.
- Study: This leads you to the general area where the treasure is buried.
- If you are not in the correct region of the map it will just tell you to go to that region.
- Failing to study the map will slightly damage it (you can fail up to 9 times on an undamaged map).
- Successful study will give you a NSEW direction towards the area.
- Dig: Once you are in the general area, you use a shovel to dig up the treasure.
- Digging the correct location will spawn the treasure chest and harder maps may spawn monsters.

- Sunken Chests

- There are 3 stages to fishing up a sunken chest.
- Fishing up a map:
- Fishing treasure maps have a random chance to drop when fishing.
- Study: Studying a map will tell you what region of the world the treasure is buried in.
- If you are not in the correct region of the map it will just tell you to go to that region.
- Studying within the correct region will give you a NSEW direction towards the area.
- Fish: Once you are in the general area, you can fish to attempt to unconver the treasure.

Added:

- 5 levels of treasure maps drop as loot throughout the world
- Added Treasure Hunting skill.
- Added five levels of treasure maps.
- Significantly lowered crafting max skill (reduced crafting fail rates)
- Negative karma actions between guild members re-enabled, use karma protection to prevent losing karma between guild members.
- Can convert groups into karma free groups, meaning group members can kill and loot each other freely when enabled, leave the group to opt out.
- Group loot strategies added: FreeForAll, Random, RoundRobin, Master.
- Group invites can be sent cross-region.
- Groups last through server restarts.
- Added /roll command.
- Breaking group loot (looting out of turn) will turn you into an aggressor against everyone else in the group.
- Stealing loot from a group kill will turn you into an aggressor against everyone in that group.
- Sparkle indicator added to signify loot privileges.
- Mob loot privileges clears after 1 minute, meaning anyone can loot it punishment free.
- Neutral guards now have a title.
- Ruin spell damage is based on the distance from target.
- Cleave radius increased from 2 to 4 yards.
- To lessen confusion, Scoundrel name color has been changed from pink to orange.

Fixed:

- Can no longer split stacks on mobiles that are not yourself.
- Can benefit those not in an allegiance if you are in an allegiance yourself.
- Allegiance members can benefit each other.
- Fixed looting corpses not always being convenient.
- Bleed ticks no longer trigger guards.
- Cleave no longer does regular weapon hit damage on swing.
- Stun no longer does regular weapon hit damage on swing.
- Daze no longer does regular weapon hit damage on swing.
- Bleed no longer does regular weapon hit damage on swing.
- Fixed guards protecting outcasts from aggressors, only Neutral guards will protect outcasts from aggressors.
- Gatekeepers will only protect non-outcasts, no longer protects outcasts from aggressors.
- Gatekeepers will no longer respond to outcasts (outcasts cannot use portal towers).
- Gatekeepers will still not attack outcasts on sight.
- Mana potions removed from Catacombs.
- You now must click on a Bind Portal to use it.

Comments

• SmokifiedSmokified United States
    Suggestion for the Karma System:
    Make it so that 'minor crimes' do not trigger the guards. A 'kill right' should be given to the 'victim' of the 'crime'. Lower karma levels will result in the 'kill right' being extended to a group or the guild...maybe. An example of a 'minor crime' would be looting an item off a player corpse.

Also, I gathered from a QA video that the current housing system is not the 'final product', but if the current system that is in place is going to remain in place, it needs to be improved significantly. At least add the ability for alts to manage the property and the ability to transfer houses. And the lockdown limit needs to be significantly increased.
  • My name was pink when i logged out, and orange when i logged in. Karma system changes? am i bad at reading, I didn't see the note for it.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    - To lessen confusion, Scoundrel name color has been changed from pink to orange..
  • Mekushu said:

My name was pink when i logged out, and orange when i logged in. Karma system changes? am i bad at reading, I didn't see the note for it.

yes, you are. ha
  • SmokifiedSmokified United States
    "- To lessen confusion, Scoundrel name color has been changed from pink to orange."
  • Torsun said:

Mekushu said:

My name was pink when i logged out, and orange when i logged in. Karma system changes? am i bad at reading, I didn't see the note for it.

yes, you are. ha
    forgive me, simpre chinese peopre.
  • ValianceValiance United Kingdom
    Hmmm....I was hoping secure trading would have been brought in, I think thats WAY more important than treasure hunting....just my opinion.
  • HalarrHalarr Dasdweezle@Yahoo.com
    Also seems like the rate at which treasure maps drop need to be significantly reduced. In 30 minutes, I looted 10 maps. I have a feeling that it's going to be a niche profession, and there is going to be a massive overabundance of maps littering up the world. They seem almost trivial at that drop rate. I should be something that you're excited to see.. instead of cussing at your screen that you just found your 50th treasure map of the day.
  • Halarr said:

Also seems like the rate at which treasure maps drop need to be significantly reduced. In 30 minutes, I looted 10 maps. I have a feeling that it's going to be a niche profession, and there is going to be a massive overabundance of maps littering up the world. They seem almost trivial at that drop rate. I should be something that you're excited to see.. instead of cussing at your screen that you just found your 50th treasure map of the day.

I’m sure the rate is accelerated for testing purposes. They can’t drop every 5000 mobs and expect players to properly test treasure hunting. I doubt the current rate will be on live.

Valiance said:

Hmmm....I was hoping secure trading would have been brought in, I think thats WAY more important than treasure hunting....just my opinion.

Yes, I was really hoping for trade windows.They are a fairly simple and straight forward thing to script into most games. Don’t know why it hasn’t been done here....

• About droprate of maps, u should consider that skilling treasure hunting require a HUGE amount of maps, because reading a map, especially at begin, can break it, so thinking that every map is a secure treasure is a big mistake.....
  • HalarrHalarr Dasdweezle@Yahoo.com
    Maybe.. You guys have points, but I still wonder if there will ever be enough people doing treasure maps to warrant the drop rate. For testing purposes, okay. For live, it definitely needs to be monitored. I probably won't be doing it, unless I pick it up as a last skill on an alt.
  • edited February 18
    Tmaps spawn a lot on mountains and in water..
  • What's the loot like on these t-maps?