HOW to make money - a lot of people ask- here is a simple answer

Fastest way as a newbie to make money is harvest cotton - not fluffy cotton.
Goto tailor - beside weaver turn into cloth - sell cloth direct to vendor

10 cotton = 1 silver average
1 hour picking cotton = 3-5 gold

Good luck - please spend your money at player vendors :)

Comments

• Sir MurphySir Murphy Crossroads
    Can you explain how you got your 3-5 gold per hour figure?
  • Not possible. If you are fast and alone maybe 1 gold an hour
    edited February 13
    Filippas said:

Not possible. If you are fast and alone maybe 1 gold an hour

Yeah, that was my finding as well, guessing the 3-5 gold per hour was pulled out of his backside, also 10 cotton is 2 silver, not 1, but maybe he refers to cotton plants, which can yield fluffy cotton or strand also. Also, you sell fabric, not cloth. Everything about this information is wrong. =[
  • OmmamarOmmamar United States
    I think currently gathering wood making arrows with carpentry is a better crafting path to make money. Cotton is a very competitive thing to harvest currently particularly in Edinair(sp?) where as wood is easier to gather.
  • BasoliskBasolisk CDN
    edited February 13
    I can write up a complete thorough guide, but that was not my intent.
    The intent was to give the idea out for noobs to have a start in the game, not gold farmers who seem to be getting upset.
    There was enough information to get them to start there quest to make a few coins.

More hints; there is a farm that spawns cotton ( clue ) on average about 30 plants every 30-40 secs as long as you pick them.
    I didn't create a gold farming spreadsheet with complete combination and ratio items per coin (ROFL gold farmers relax)
    but yes about an hour depending on traffic in the area 3-5 gold from cotton + weave + sell out inventory is a quick tp to tailor and back to fill up inventory again - again its for the newbies to get a foot hold you LOA pros need not bother, go PK you get more money.

Again please spend the money you make at player vendors - pls
    a side note when you look at it, it is a none risk way to make some coin maybe the devs needs to look at the process and combination resell value it maybe a little to high - getting that much coin may upset the balance of the game just a thought
    i think the only issue is with you giving out inaccurate information
  • TalonTalon Pacific Coast
    Basolisk:)

All good deeds never go unpunished - canucks get no respect:)

well you tried eh
  • edited February 14
    That seems like a counter productive way to make money. I’m a newbie and I can make a gold or more an hour farming mummies and Lich lords at Cata area, while still leveling up my skills. Then I can save time making bandages by buying them because 100 bandages is like 1-2 kills.... healing skills up fine bandaging after every fight.
  • BisonBison andrewleckie1981@gmail.com
    Ommamar said:

I think currently gathering wood making arrows with carpentry is a better crafting path to make money. Cotton is a very competitive thing to harvest currently particularly in Edinair(sp?) where as wood is easier to gather.

Agreed, your also working on skills too. By the time you make 3-5 gold, you'll have a fairly good carpenter character.
  • Is this, hey everyone come cotton farm while he sits elsewhere making bank because everyone left?
  • Talizzar said:

Is this, hey everyone come cotton farm while he sits elsewhere making bank because everyone left?

It’s not the worst plan, lol.
  • MorphMorph Denmark
    Basolisk said:

Oki lets do some VERY primitive math...

10 cotton = 1 silver
    100 silver = 1g

So you need 10 cotton x 100 silver to get 1g = 1000 cotton

So you need 3000-5000 cottons in an hour to get 3-5 gold

Thats the facts…

Let’s put in RNG and let’s say 50% of the time you get either Strand or Fluffy insted of Cotton...

Well then you need 6000-10000 gathering sessions in an hour to be able to get this.

Let’s NOT (as mentioned, just primitive math here) put into the equation that your probably not alone and there is respawns time.

But 6000-10000 gathering sessions, one take 1.5 seconds.

(6000x1.5)/60 = 150 minutes
    (10000x1.5)/60 = 250 minutes

To make a more accurate picture of your idea here, we're probably looking at 70s to 1g in an hour - taking everything into consideration (your likely never alone and there is respawn..)
  • HavoKingHavoKing BANNED
    edited February 15
    +1 @Morph I like your smart thinking ;)
  • OmmamarOmmamar United States
    Morph said:

Basolisk said:

Oki lets do some VERY primitive math...

10 cotton = 1 silver
    100 silver = 1g

So you need 10 cotton x 100 silver to get 1g = 1000 cotton

So you need 3000-5000 cottons in an hour to get 3-5 gold

Thats the facts…

Let’s put in RNG and let’s say 50% of the time you get either Strand or Fluffy insted of Cotton...

Well then you need 6000-10000 gathering sessions in an hour to be able to get this.

Let’s NOT (as mentioned, just primitive math here) put into the equation that your probably not alone and there is respawns time.

But 6000-10000 gathering sessions, one take 1.5 seconds.

(6000x1.5)/60 = 150 minutes
    (10000x1.5)/60 = 250 minutes

To make a more accurate picture of your idea here, we're probably looking at 70s to 1g in an hour - taking everything into consideration (your likely never alone and there is respawn..)
    Also since there is no harvesting skill for cotton your not advancing any skills on your build by farming cotton.
  • BasoliskBasolisk CDN
    edited February 15
    Talon said:

Basolisk:)

All good deeds never go unpunished - canucks get no respect:)

well you tried eh

Ya - i think i did mention newbie help - ROFL
    So someone starting the game with zero skills could make some coin to spend on player merchants to buy some gear to help them level.

How easily it all gets twisted. (or may be your upset cause there are alot more people farming cotton)

Lich + newbie with zero skills = death
    Not in protected area = death
    Can any one gather cotton and makes some coin = gain and gives the new person as good start

Did I ever mention do this for the entire play of the game - nope ?

Morph = gold farmer :) - i can't see anyone doing this for more than a few gold to get started and that was the intent

TO HELP A NEWBIE START OFF - I never stated this was the only and best way to make money - it was simple and easy way.
    - again i also stated it was a helpful hint and i didnt create a gold farmers spreadsheet to work it all out.

I still think the ratio gain is off and the DEVs should maybe scale better or put it under non vendor purchase list.