CB1 2/9 Hotfix Notes

Karma and Conflict

- Guild members can no longer hurt each other when their Karma Protection is enabled. NOTE: You still do not lose karma for negative actions against other guild members.
- Fixed issue where neutral guards would attack people out of their range from poison
- Conflict Warning removed, all attacks immediately make you an Aggressor.
- Pets karma level now mirrors its owner
- Guards treat pets more like players
- Guards no longer pause before charging
- Fixed pets causing spam of 'That action would cause you to lose karma'.
- Zealots in catacombs no longer act as guards
- Neutral guards now defend all players regardless of karma level

Combat

- Add line of sight checks to all trained abilities that require a target
- Add 5 second delay to remounting horse
- Removed spell cast penalty while mounted.
- Weapon and armor durability loss cut in half
- Iron staff spell power fix

General

- Fixed ability to teleport back to beds and chairs after using stuck
- Add bandages to general stores-
- Fix summon portal
- Fix range check on harvesting
- Can no longer cloak NPCs/Monsters that are not controlled by you
- Attempting to cloak the banker will no longer get the banker killed
- Fix hireling merchants not spawning
- Remove annoying thank you voice over
- Can no longer lose items by dropping them onto a corpse.
- Added pet command guard
- Pets now automatically follow their new owner when transfered.
- Remove old bindstones
- Player sits next to camp fire after five seconds.
- Empty corpses decay after 5 seconds
- Fix nighttime villagers' torches

Comments

• ActiveActive United States
    Well done, good work as always!!!
  • looking forward to being kited by mages on mounts
  • Thank you for these updates!
  • kiizkiiz Bergen / Norway
    best hotfixes so far. Great job!
  • Great work devs!
  • Supreem said:

- Remove annoying thank you voice over

Thank you! (seriously :) )
  • Noooooo Thank You guy was the reason I logged in. I say no "Thank You"
  • I was under the impression that combat on foot was being promoted?

We have had a run in with a mage who pk’d one of our group. He was able to do 330+ damage with a precast+cast+spell chamber. Melee character require a mix of 5 stats for pvp where mages only require 4 without the need for strength or agility.

How are melee characters supposed to compete against mages doing that amount of damage and having to have wisdom to lower that damage and will to help against stuns plus str, agi, and con. Where the mages can get away with no str or agi and have a balanced mix of stats they need for pvp.

Now I may be over thinking it as that is the only experience we have had. Seeing how quick that amount of damage got put out and thinking of the required stats to survive such an attack seems like a stretch for melee characters. Now they have no negative to being on a horse and that damage comes out quicker.

Thoughts? Possible balance?

Not sure what can be done here.

toeleo said:

I was under the impression that combat on foot was being promoted?

We have had a run in with a mage who pk’d one of our group. He was able to do 330+ damage with a precast+cast+spell chamber. Melee character require a mix of 5 stats for pvp where mages only require 4 without the need for strength or agility.

How are melee characters supposed to compete against mages doing that amount of damage and having to have wisdom to lower that damage and will to help against stuns plus str, agi, and con. Where the mages can get away with no str or agi and have a balanced mix of stats they need for pvp.

Now I may be over thinking it as that is the only experience we have had. Seeing how quick that amount of damage got put out and thinking of the required stats to survive such an attack seems like a stretch for melee characters. Now they have no negative to being on a horse and that damage comes out quicker.

Thoughts? Possible balance?

Not sure what can be done here.

You can charge, stun, interrupt.. Cant do much about a precast, but mounted combat was already imbalanced since warriors have no delay on swing speed. mages were getting slaughtered mounted.. now its more balanced.. There are tons of counters to a mage on horse, but little to do with precasted mages sadly.. just got to react faster.

I think Ruin spell should have its damaged lowered to a max of 15-20. Doing 60 dmg now makes Ruin the best spell in the game. Also lower cure spell timer to same as ruin, otherwise the Poison ruin spam mage combat continues. as it is now, its very overpowered and needs a nerf..This coming from a pure mage player.
  • Thanks for the input. Like I said I haven’t experienced any full on pvp as we have only been playing a week. That puts things into perspective for me a bit more.

Any thoughts on stat balancing as mages have 1 less stat to worry about the melee characters? I understand wanting to remove a skill like resist spells that every pvp character would have to have, but all that happened is now it is a required stat. Which really gives less options in terms of stat builds in my opinion.
    Mages have int, con, wisdom and will to think about primarily. Agility gives additional evasion which is optional. So like for warriors, its a stat balance choice. All stats are a playstyle preference imo, and depending on your build and playstyle. Will is stun resist, so a mage that doesn't want to get countered with stuns, needs will and has to sacrifice another stat. You will get the hang of it the more you play around with builds and stats. Its a steep learning curve in the beginning, but it all makes more sense the more you play.
  • ValianceValiance United Kingdom
    Welcome to Legends of Mages. Enjoy :)
  • HalarrHalarr Dasdweezle@Yahoo.com
    Fully powered mounted mages? Yeah, that's a genius idea. I also was under the impression, as it came straight from a developer in a Q&A, that they wanted most combat to take place on foot.

Based on some earlier comments, if the reasoning to remove the penalty was due to a lack of swing delay for mounted warriors, then why didn't they just balance mounted warriors? Reduce damage, reduce swing speed.

Mounts should be used for travel and combat pets. Not as a mandatory means to do combat. They are doing the opposite of what they said they were going to do. I'd be curious to see the numbers they are looking at. They obviously made that decision for a reason. Even if it's escaping us for the time being.
  • edited February 15
    ROFL at the people saying mages are more balanced now... like the guy above said precast spell doing 350 damage.... thats from nearly the edge of the screen.. meaning even with charge stun ANYTHING else the melle guy wants to do ... that mage WILL get off another 350 + spell before the melle can get to him... i think someone said 50 con gets you 500 HP... hey .. thats 700 damage coming your way whoops .. guess you shoulda been a mage. now yer dead and the mage just took all yer ****..
    There is no spell ingame that does 350 dmg that mages precast... get your facts straight..maybe try walking out of eldair protected area and test it out...
  • edited February 16

ROFL at the people saying mages are more balanced now... like the guy above said precast spell doing 350 damage.... thats from nearly the edge of the screen.. meaning even with charge stun ANYTHING else the melle guy wants to do ... that mage WILL get off another 350 + spell before the melle can get to him... i think someone said 50 con gets you 500 HP... hey .. thats 700 damage coming your way whoops .. guess you shoulda been a mage. now yer dead and the mage just took all yer ****..

350 dmg precast LoL.. what game are you playing? I can’t even do 200 with a spell. And that’s not counting if it’s resisted. Yeah mages are strong. But their dmg isn’t the problem. It’s the fact that dexxers have delays that make them stop with their abilities and stand still. And most people don’t know how to build a dexxer. And yeah if you stand still and use nothing you will die to a mage. Ever play UO?