CB1 2/6 Hotfix Notes

dbrinkmann@citadelstudios.netdbrinkmann@citadelstudios.net United States Administrator
edited February 6 in Straight from the Citadel
Allegiance

- Allegiance system added (replaces former God system).
- Added Allegiance leaders in Pyros' Landing and Helm for joining an Allegiance.
- Players in opposing factions are free from karma actions and guard protection between each other.
- Killing the opposing faction earns you Favor which can grant you special titles. You also lose Favor when being killed.

- PvP flag is now a Karma flag which completely stops you from performing any negative karma actions.
- Fixed losing karma when applying bandages to people with negative karma.
- Super guards will no longer opportunistically kill Outcasts. Regular town guards will still kill Outcasts on site.
- Healing your own pet no longer causes a loss of karma.
- Looting another players kill now triggers the conflict when appropriate.
- Recalling no longer causes you to lose karma.
- When a player loots your corpse and is slain by the Guards, you may loot their body freely.

Taming

- Beastmastery animals and monsters added to the game.
- Tameable animal difficulties balanced.
- Dead pets no longer count toward pet slots.
- Pet run speed increased.
- All pets will correctly go to the targeted location when commanding more than 1 pet to go to a location.
- Can no longer attempt to tame dead mobs.
- Animal Lore is now used alongside healing to calculate healing done when bandaging pets.

General

- Super guards have been replaced with an instant slay effect to prevent abuses in towns.
- Bug addresses which result in bugged characters at the creation screen.
- Secondary resources removed from all resource recipes (ingots, leathers, cloth etc).
- Fix weight limit check when dropping stackable items on an existing stack in a container.
- Increased bank weight limit from 1000 to 10000.
- Fixed banked spellbooks allowing spell casts.
- Double the amount of arrows you make per board.
- Can no longer be mounted in Sewer Dungeons.
- You now sit down when under the effect of a tinderbox.
- Hireling merchants should no longer go missing.

Ninja Fixes (Applied on restart at 10:00 PM UTC)

- Pet damage now counts as the owner's damage. (fixes karma loss for looting your pet kills)
- Fixed loosing karma for benefiting yourself as an outcast.
- Gatekeepers fixed since initial patch, they attack criminals on sight once again.

Comments

• kiizkiiz Bergen / Norway
    Next update: Fix mounted combat imbalance
  • ActiveActive United States
    Amazing work here guys. Well done!
  • "Fix weight limit check when dropping stackable items on an existing stack in container"
    Cant believe it...is it really fixed? its gone? oh the memories.....tears on my pillow.....
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Nice job!
  • Sir MurphySir Murphy Crossroads
    what determines looting rights of a mob?
  • ValianceValiance United Kingdom
    edited February 6
    Great work :)

Glad to see I can finally craft a Crook ! I have to ask though, since there are still no icons for Loom, Alchemy Table and Anvil, do those not exist yet still ? They are a LOT of resources to attempt if they do not exist.

• What about looting our own pet kills? Does it still count as negative karma?
  • KadeKade Citadel Team Administrator

what determines looting rights of a mob?

The single individual or collective group that does the most damage.
    Trecos said:

What about looting our own pet kills? Does it still count as negative karma?

I'll fix this now, should have another round of fixes soon.
  • Bank weight text in the drop down list still shows 1000.

Also will group loot stack items in your pack at some point? Currently when using group loot same items do not stack. Arrows for example get separated, I do not have this issue with group loot off.
  • dbrinkmann@citadelstudios.netdbrinkmann@citadelstudios.net United States Administrator
    If you had a player merchant in Valus you need to hire a new one now that they are fixed!
    Any word on Looms, Alchemy Table and Anvils please ? Are they actually craftable yet? As I said I do not want to waste materials tryingto make one if they cannot be made, they cost a LOT of materials.

Thanks.
  • John ChisumJohn Chisum Zombieland
    edited February 6
    Cant summon my horse. Pet statues doesnt seem to work anymore.

Edit: Tamed a new one and that works.
  • dbrinkmann@citadelstudios.netdbrinkmann@citadelstudios.net United States Administrator

Maybe you have a bugged statue? Mine is still working.
  • John ChisumJohn Chisum Zombieland
    Supreem said:

Maybe you have a bugged statue? Mine is still working.
    Hav tried another old one and this one also doesnt work.
  • I was tracking veterinary, now it's gone from the skill book and i cannot untrack it.
  • InfernoInferno Devils Of Kimone
    Nice work! Personally i didnt think the 10 arrows per board was bad, but 20 per board even better!
    Trecos said:

What about looting our own pet kills? Does it still count as negative karma?

This is now fixed on live.
  • Awesome work, devs!

Keep up the good work!
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    Gah so after the restart this afternoon at approx 2:30 PST, you can no longer put portal scrolls in your spellbook, it just eats them but doesn't actually place them in your book.
    gwartham said:

Gah so after the restart this afternoon at approx 2:30 PST, you can no longer put portal scrolls in your spellbook, it just eats them but doesn't actually place them in your book.

This had nothing to do with the restart as Bindportal was disabled a while ago and removed in the initial patch, Portal is the spell it should be but this will be fixed at a later date.
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    Kade said:

gwartham said:

This had nothing to do with the restart as Bindportal was disabled a while ago and removed in the initial patch, Portal is the spell it should be but this will be fixed at a later date.
    Ok so before I restart I was making spellbooks, wasn't paying attention, just that they showed 18 of 18 spells, after reboot any new book I make shows only 17 spells where the ones made prior to reboot show 18 spells, I can confirm that neither the 17 or the 18 spell spellbooks have portal in them so something weird changed regardless.
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    Valiance said:

Any word on Looms, Alchemy Table and Anvils please ? Are they actually craftable yet? As I said I do not want to waste materials tryingto make one if they cannot be made, they cost a LOT of materials.

Thanks.

Yep, they work!
    Awesome thanks Miphon_CS ! :)
  • I am getting a message randomly now when dismounted from my horse that says "this action would make you lose karma" even while doing nothing, just running.
  • It seems that only the person who does the most amount of damage in a party is allowed to loot now. Before anyone in the party could loot.
  • MichelliaMichellia Ottawa, Ontario
    For morikaweb post, we both had to logout and we both had to force out of party and try again
  • MichelliaMichellia Ottawa, Ontario
    My bank still says 1000 not 10000