Closed Beta 1 Announcement

Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
edited January 11 in Straight from the Citadel
Greetings!

A new year is underway and we have some short announcements for the community. We are happy to announce that Legends of Aria will be entering Closed Beta I on January 29th 2018 for a duration of 2 weeks, closing February 11th.

In readiness for the upcoming Closed Beta I, we will be launching our Founder's Packs! Founder's Packs offer newcomers exclusive access to our Closed Beta testing phases, the chance to join our Steam Headstart and also to claim some limited edition rewards to take with them into Legends of Aria! More information regarding Closed Beta I and our upcoming Founder's Packs will be made available soon.

Our Community Roundtable scheduled for this Saturday has been cancelled. This is due to the ramp up for Closed Beta and our approaching launch in April. We will be scheduling an in-game Town Hall event during Closed Beta 1 in addition to other streams and events.

Thanks for your support and we'll see you in Celador!

Comments

• first
  • Will pre-existing/current pledges receive the "limited edition rewards to take with them into Legends of Aria" as well?
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    edited January 12
    @Finnigast all crowdfunding pledges will be granted the first level Founder's Pack. It will be easier to explain once everyone sees the Founders Packs.
  • MoriensMoriens Australia
    Excited :smile:
  • Supreem said:

@Finnigast all crowdfunding pledges will be granted the first level Founder's Pack. It will be easier to explain once everyone sees the Founders Packs.

I really hope that in only giving crowdfunding pledges the first level, there aren't glaring bonuses that Founder's Pack buyers will be able to get by spending potentially less than what crowdfunding pledges already spent.

Like you said, it'll probably make more sense once we see them. I just hope there isn't a large disconnect between what we already bought verses what can be bought soon. Either that, or allow upgrade purchases for less than the total founder pack for people who pledged during the crowdfunding campaign.
  • Hi! When the game is avaible to play? Thanks
  • golonnnplgolonnnpl Deutschland
    Poland waiting! :dizzy:
  • golonnnpl said:

Poland waiting! :dizzy:

Tak jest ! :D
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    hopeing these founders packs will be available through steam cuz paypal has limited your playerbase significantly.
  • SciseScise Turkey
    When is pledge thing gonna be available?
  • LogainLogain Munich, Bavaria, Germany
    Ouija said:

hopeing these founders packs will be available through steam cuz paypal has limited your playerbase significantly.

I'd love that (that way I could purchase one as well), but I somewhat doubt it :(
    That said, if the test is to start in 9 days, I guess we should find out more about the packs soon ;)
  • KybarKybar USA Michigan
    Scise said:

When is pledge thing gonna be available?

I agree. I missed the pledges by 2 days. I just found this game. Im ready to pay and play. lol
  • XsensleyXsensley Czech Republic
    Holy cow! I miss Ultima Online so bad and now I found this. This is a great day indeed!
  • This is not meant to be negative, but what exactly does Citadel expect to gain from a 2 week closed beta?

Will skill gain be increased during this time so we can -test- late GM skills?
    Or is this just more of a stress test?

looking forward to playing!
  • So only 6 days left to physically play the game. The beta phase will officially start. Shouldnt we getting the founders pack by now? I havent seen any info about it in the website. When will u release packs?
    Miphon_CS said:

. We are happy to announce that Legends of Aria will be entering Closed Beta I on January 29th 2018 for a duration of 2 weeks, closing February 11th.

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I guess it will be at the same time, so we don't have people that buy and can't play...
  • DragorDragor Sarasota, FL
    I played UO for 15 years, from 1997 to 2012. I would love the opportunity to pledge some cash for the ability to Beta test LoA. Feel free to message me and ask me questions on my qualifications.
  • edited January 27
    Only found out about this game a few day ago, i am itching to throw my cash at it to get in. Will the founders pack be out as the beta is released or Sunday?
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    Lot's of good information was posted about CB1 yesterday:

https://www.legendsofaria.com/closed-beta-i-update/
  • CrazyGuyCrazyGuy Seattle, WA
    Anyone know what time the CB1 starts tomorrow?
  • AngelAngel (Heaven) Miami, FL
    Just found this game, looking forward to trying it tomorrow!

Could one of the alpha players tell me if there is a "healer's path"? I have always loved being a dedicated healer.

Thanks!
  • ZafuZafu California
    I haven't played yet; waiting until tomorrow like you; but from what I understand having played UO in the day and following this; there isn't a "healer" per se. There's magery and healing in magery, so you'd likely want to be a pure mage.
  • DerrinDerrin United States
    Xsensley said:

Holy cow! I miss Ultima Online so bad and now I found this. This is a great day indeed!

Ultima Online is still alive. In fact there has been several large updates. On coming in a couple months.
    Cool thanks! I played UO when I was a little girl, I miss a lot of what it was. Here's hoping!
    Angel said:

Just found this game, looking forward to trying it tomorrow!

Could one of the alpha players tell me if there is a "healer's path"? I have always loved being a dedicated healer.

Thanks!

Wish I could help. There was never a dedicated healer class in UO. Nor do I think they will have one here. But in UO you had Anatomy, healing, and magery. If you got Anatomy and Healing both to 80 you could res players. You could do the same with magery. So if you run Magery and the healing skills you should be fine. But you needed to bring lots of bandages to heal people.
    Angel said:

Cool thanks! I played UO when I was a little girl, I miss a lot of what it was. Here's hoping!

I hope you find what you want. UO has changed a lot. It seems to be the game I go back to when I get bored. Why I keep my account open.
    Derrin said:

Angel said:

I hope you find what you want. UO has changed a lot. It seems to be the game I go back to when I get bored. Why I keep my account open.
    Well I saw there are skills you can learn and then work on so am hoping there will be a healing line... will see! And thank you!
  • ventrueventrue United Kingdom
    ok its almost midday here in the uk and still none the wiser for when the servers go live anyone got any idea?
  • quite sure tonight, when in america is about lunch time
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I heard afternoon EST