Where Is Everyone?

I discovered LoA over the weekend and have been creeping the forums here, but it looks really bad - it's a ghost town.

I've also noticed most wiki pages I look at haven't been updated in 8-9 months.

I don't mean any harm here, but what's going on? Is this project still viable? At face value the game looks GOOD.

I have to assume there's a gag order, but people can still talk about some things!

Where is everyone?

Comments

• LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    Private community servers, since the official server isn't online at the moment.
  • BoscoBosco America
    LoU said:

Private community servers, since the official server isn't online at the moment.

So there are lively forums out there of people discussing this game? I figured here would be ground zero and full of hype. This forum is very disheartening. Can you point me to where people are?

I also can't wrap my head around why Citadel has refused funds towards their project for ten days straight.

I feel pretty bored and detached by the experience here.
  • BoscoBosco America
    WooHoo! Two hours straight and I'm still the top most recent post!

If there is anyone working on this project who hopes to enjoy the fruits of their labor then please express yourself and fix this ghost town.

I get the impression everyone is cashing their final paycheck and walking away.

There is a great opportunity here!
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Such a small dev team is better finishing the game than answering these kind of questions every two hours.
  • MoriensMoriens Australia
    Killing time until the next beta.
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    Forums aren't active. Seek out Discord servers of player run shards.
  • WizzWizz Georgia
    Bosco said:

WooHoo! Two hours straight and I'm still the top most recent post!

If there is anyone working on this project who hopes to enjoy the fruits of their labor then please express yourself and fix this ghost town.

I get the impression everyone is cashing their final paycheck and walking away.

There is a great opportunity here!

U can leav with your negative atidute!
  • We are in between testing periods. There isn't much to talk about. In game pop on the official servers are fine. Either way most active discussion takes place in the community discord.
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    Quiet before the storm..!
  • But..Storms cause disasters...
  • BoscoBosco America
    So I gather people are discussing this game, just not here.

Can anyone provide a link to a forum they regular? I ran a basic google search and saw nothing on the first few pages.

I've enjoyed several lengthy YouTube videos about LoA, and want to learn more, so I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this dead forum.

Is this game 100% open source? I commend that, but I worry it's a bit early for that, and if it is it should be touted center stage and not have to be parsed out by potential buyers.

This community (if it exists) is very fractured, so I guess the shards thing is appropriate.

• Bosco,

Let me bring you up to speed. You are very late in the game, in finding the game. The reason why the forums are dead is because a huge group of people already know everything there is to know about the game and have played/tested it for years and are waiting for steam release. MANY people are just playing other games until there is a persistent world.

Once beta1 launches you will see a good number of them return to test. Once steam launches you will see it explode. For now just take a peek at some community servers and dont worry so much about posting several times about how dead the forum is at the moment.
  • C0KAC0KA Québec
    Agreed! Cant wait for 29 January :P
  • https://discord.gg/Rhs2uPs
    This is a link to the community discord. It is where most discussion takes place.

Also, if you haven't purchased the game (I know sales are closed at the moment) you can only see about 1/4 of these forums because the rest is locked to anyone besides play testers and server admins.
    Either way the forums aren't particularly active at the moment because there is no active official testing going on until the 29th.

Any game play that is taking place right now is on community servers because everyone is waiting for official to open. So of course people are not discussing the game on the official forums because none of them are playing the official game.
  • My bet is things will pick up more as the game gets further along. As others have said there isn't much to talk about or do right now.
  • STunTViSoRSTunTViSoR kale12@hotmail.com
    R.I.P LOA...
  • R.I.P LOA...

don't let the door hit ya .... its between alpha and beta release and your expecting what...? how bout doing something constructive and go troll somewhere else.
  • doomdoom USA & Canada
    @Bosco, I totally get you. I find it hard to "keep the hype alive" with what we currently find online. I guess we only need to be patient... I am still hoping for the best.
  • LeaannaLeaanna United states
    I have been lurking, if you look on the discord server than you will find over 600 people on the discord channel.
  • LeaannaLeaanna United states
    doom said:

@Bosco, I totally get you. I find it hard to "keep the hype alive" with what we currently find online. I guess we only need to be patient... I am still hoping for the best.

Well they have made over 500,000 in pledges, thats alot of people donating, so im excited.