Polish Housing System?

reeZereeZe Germany
edited November 29 in Custom Content
Hi guys,

i registrated here to bring my sadness about the housing system to a word.
I see in the Pre-Orders that it gives a House-Design Feature if you pay 1000$.
But, if you realy want to creat a Ultima Online continuation then you can't do that.
Because, a essential Feature of Ultima Online was the own designed creation of a building.
Some people only still playing Ultima Online because no other game bring this feature like this.
You was able to creat a foundation and on top of it the walls. It was realy essential in the game to farm resources to creat your own building like your mind.
But if you want to do it like in "Shroud of the Avatar" then there is no reason for me to change from Ultima Online to Legends of Aria, because then i could play Path of Exile too.
I hope that gonna be changed, we all waiting for worthy successor of Ultima Online and slowly can't waiting anymore.
We want something like these:

Best regards and have a nice day.

(for a better understanding of thread-headline: We in Germany get some finished houses you can buy and they bring the already finished building with a transporter to you. "Normaly they come from Poland." They build up the House to your ground of choice in 1 day.)

Comments

• I really hope that isnt gonna happen so.
    I would like to design my house like I want again.
  • I'm actually pretty glad custom housing isn't in. People in UO built because they could, but they never asked if they should.

Apart from the countless dirt patches with nothing on them but a locked chest and maybe a vendor, running through the land and seeing all the roofless boxes really broke my heart.

Some people could really build beautiful houses, but they were a minority. Most people's housing looked more like rape of the land than houses.
  • reeZereeZe Germany
    edited November 29
    Andi said:

I'm actually pretty glad custom housing isn't in. People in UO built because they could, but they never asked if they should.

Apart from the countless dirt patches with nothing on them but a locked chest and maybe a vendor, running through the land and seeing all the roofless boxes really broke my heart.

Some people could really build beautiful houses, but they were a minority. Most people's housing looked more like rape of the land than houses.

Firstly ive to say, all in all you are right with it. But Legends of Aria want to go to a UO2.0 which is very sandboxed. Over a long time seen, it is maybe a problem, but it can be solved with a resource cashback system that destroy houses after people would be offline over a long time (maybe half year).
    And isnt it so, that a Sandbox should give the people the option to design him and the world around him on his own?
    I mean, if you play Minecraft, then you never say: Oh, this block is a rape of land!

For me a Sandbox gives the options to creat the whole world with all players together.
    The Housing System, like they want to do at the moment, exist already in so many other games.
    It is not a reason to buy exactly this game and there are no other reasons, because everything exist already. But it could be done to a reason if they change.
    Ive played already the whole RPG market up and down. From ArchAge up to World of Warcraft. You can say ive played every free to play RPG and a lot of P2Play games. I missed everytime a good housing system. It was always instanced or block build housing(Polish Housing), like they want to do at the moment.

AND: Finally it would be a endless content feature with it you never be lamed about the game.
    AND2: Maybe we need a game like Minecraft with RPG-leveling and customisation Char in good graphic and not pixel-blocks.
    AND3: I guess it were possible to intigrate a rating system too. So you can rate other houses and if a percentage of people who playing on the server(shard) dislike your house you must build a new one. But these would cut of your fingers little bit. However i said all people customize the world. MMO-Sandbox as a new old Genre were UO definitly in with.

Best regards and have a nice day.
  • Hello
    I registrated here to bring my sadness about the housing system to a word.

• I never heard of such a system in UO...

In UO you had
    Castles
    Keeps
    Large Marbles
    Small Marbles
    Large Wood and Plaster
    Small Wood and Plaster
    Small Tower
    and a few others...
    I dont remember ever designing my own house in UO....

I really don't think that a house design feature is of such big importance to be honest...

What we really need is Runebooks and Runes!!!
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    I agree house designing could be cool, but as Sulfurblade said, there are some priorities. Rogues need some attention, hiding, pickpocket, rangers and their skills, traps, locks, etc.
    Also bards, playing instruments, buffs, bringing back necromancy, summoning, more AoE spells, etc.
    We could use some more slots (boots, belts, cloaks). Others want races (elfs, dwarves). Others still would like better fishing, boats or farming.
    So there's a lot to be done, and house designing is just one of a bunch of wishes.