Community Server: Legends of Ultima

LoULoU Legends of Ultima
edited November 2017 in Community Server Discussion
Hello everyone! We have noticed an amazing amount of interest with the beginning of our community server and we wanted to provide some details about it.

Please note that we are still under heavy development and you should expect some things to be broken until we're able to resolve. Some unplanned server restarts may occur occasionally, but we do our best to avoid downtime.

If you're interested in playing or helping with testing, we'd love to see you and gather your feedback. We would encourage you to join our Discord server (link below)!

If you need help with getting connected to us, please reach out in Discord (link below) and someone from the community will be happy to help.

What to expect:
- Hosted in Central US
- A world heavily inspired by Ultima Online
- Custom items, skills and creatures
- Open PVP, Full Loot with Guarded Zones
- RP Friendly, but not required
- Official map with possibility of custom UO map in future

How to connect:
cluster1.shardsonline.com:5040

Discord: https://discord.gg/MtQnT5e

Bug Reports, Suggestions and General Feedback:
https://goo.gl/forms/6RC7ddFHgpgGx0sq2

--

Disclaimer: All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.

! - Shout out to Gizmo and DarkLotus for their contributions! Thank you!

Comments

• Sweet, shaping up to be the UO 2 we wanted.
  • 100% agreed, Neekoos!
  • Very excited!
  • L-O-V-E I-T
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    We're having fun and getting a lot of useful feedback. Thanks everyone :)
  • edited May 28
  • ZakeOrionZakeOrion Missouri, USA
    I just found this game to late for the final alpha:( but this shard is the best one I've tried. Really feels like UO2 Awesome Job.
  • More to come :)
    Up until recently we were a 2-man-team, but we brought some promising people on board, so we're able to tackle things in a more effective manner.

Our current project under "world building" will give the cities themes, like Minoc being the mining/smithing location, Yew for carpentry, and so on.
    Feature-wise, we have some big additions in the pipeline, but it's still too early to talk about it :)
  • Just bought the game and immediately found this server. Cannot wait. My UO itch has not been scratched in sooo long.
    We are moving the server from 1&1 to gameservers.com - performance is going to go up considerably, since the new machine is faster than what we already had.
    We hope that our old bane, the double-restart, will be solved by this, too, but time will tell.

Currently setting everything up.
  • edited November 2017
    We moved and are now at the new location, US Eastcoast. Cluster is still the same, so nothing changes for you - it only just got a lot better :)

We also changed the zone chat to true Global (among other patches, see patch notes channel in Discord).

Now back to the scripts - so much to do. :smile:
  • VearyxVearyx United States
    Gizmo from Raistlins World?
  • VearyxVearyx United States
    Also, Need to update the "About Us" page onthe Legends of Ultima website. Some details are outdated <3
    You're right, we should update the page :)
  • I was always against community servers but LoU did what CS didn't... A great game. It's lots of fun.
  • great video ;)
    looks like the LoU-server has improved even more..
  • edited February 27
    Very unprofessional crew, GM's killing players, sending fuck you messages and banning them for no reason. Do not play on this community server.
  • UGUR said:

Very unprofessional crew, GM's killing players, sending fuck you messages and banning them for no reason. Do not play on this community server.

Unsavory players can ruin a server just like one worm can ruin a pot of rice. Maybe you're the type of player they are trying to avoid?

Server admins don't usually spend all the time and money it takes just to destroy one persons enjoyment of the game. It's usually a moral conflict and/or undesired behavior resulting from a lack of communication or player disregard.

I haven't heard anything about this in Discord except your mention of there as well.

I don't know you, but I'm guessing there's more to this story than the ugly picture you're trying to paint. I also haven't played on this server personally but my husband has for a short amount of time and reports nothing but healthy, positive interactions.
  • A very friendly community with a TON of great features. Ultima Online 2.0. Staff/developers constantly working on patches/new content. Tons of fun!

Lately, several individuals are causing a stir on the subreddit as well as in these forums .... In my several weeks of playing on Legends of Ultima, I have seen no negative/derogatory remarks made by staff members to their player base. All of my staff encounters have been positive...very helpful and knowledgeable people that are looking to build a new home for veteran UO players!

This video got me absolutely hooked on Legends of Ultima (LoU) .... check it out! Hope it draws you in as well.

• OuijaOuija Canada
    lol is it bad that im liking the LoU server more than the offical?
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    noodles said:

I'm glad that people just join the forum today to post such a positive review of a community server

• Sacha said:

noodles said:

I'm glad that people just join the forum today to post such a positive review of a community server

cant tell if jab or......
  • edited October 1
    This is what I been waiting for! For 20 years now! lol. Yup. I bet 70% of the people who buy legends of aria, will end up playing legends of ultima.

What say you hardcore mmorpg vets?

- Donovan.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    We're still in the middle of development, so it's all rather rough around the edges, but we're on top of it. :)
  • ArrowArrow canada
    hey I was wanting to try out the community server but it keeps telling me I have wrong client. I have the most up to date one and there is no link to download the older one. any ideas?
    Production is currently offline, Test Center is available though. It uses the newest client, version 0.7.1.
    When Production comes back online, it will run with that client, too.
  • JoxxJoxx United States
    Great Server, Populated and extremely active.Keep up the good work.
  • RiskRisk Minnesota
    Can you force a dismount in PvP on this server?