What would be the most popular private shard?

Hey guys,

since we have only 6 days in official server and a pause around 2-3 month until official release, what would be the most popular private server?

For those who played on beta 2, around how much players actives in private server?

Thanks!

Comments

• GruesomeGruesome mem8038@gmail.com
    Looks like Arcanima is fairly well populated. I've been playing there on and off in preparation for the Alphas end.
  • Teiravon (US) and Aracanima (EU) are the two most well populated servers. Dark Haven if you want something a little different and tip your toes into a perma death mod.
  • GrungeGrunge Mountains
    Vartazs said:

Hey guys,

since we have only 6 days in official server and a pause around 2-3 month until official release, what would be the most popular private server?

For those who played on beta 2, around how much players actives in private server?

Thanks!

Just to clear, the next step after final alpha is the beta with Steam integration, not the official release yet ;)
  • Don't forget these community servers are run by players, they have the ability to edit skills and give out free items to whoever they want (friends, family)... etc...
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]

Don't forget these community servers are run by players, they have the ability to edit skills and give out free items to whoever they want (friends, family)... etc...

Just like the devs. But you are wrong, admins are not players. At least not necessarily, they might play or only login for testing, just like the devs.
    Guess what, even players can give out free items to whoever they want in the official servers (friends, alts), etc.
  • Thanks! for the answer

I hope players would be play on private for the next 2-3 month!

• edited October 11

• edited October 12
    Aracanima seems to be the one to go for, it is the closest to official vanilla server and also getting more populated each day I log in. I've also seen some twitch streamers are going there as well. Although I'm concerned about my connection when I heard it's EU, don't know how connections work here, but it seems okay for now though. The other servers just seem to heavily modded (or are going to be) for me to want to play. I may check them out later on down the road, but for now I just want as close to vanilla as possible for testing purposes until the official server come back.
  • Well, after careful consideration, I think Tieravon is the better place to go, for now. Lots of people on there now, very active admins, and looks like it's more friendly to PK playing style (I don't plan on PKing though), and for me personally, it doesn't feel laggy since it's in the US, that was the deal breaker for me.
  • I am going to play on Teiravon (US). I tried Aracanima and my character was rubber banding really bad and the server went down several times when I was trying to play on it. I had no rubber banding issues on Teiravon (US) so its the winner.
  • @Carlo arcanima and closest to vanilla server? Probably they need to adjust their moddification to current build but they working on many things i.e warewolves, farming...
  • YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    edited October 13
    Arcanima is super stable now.
    There was an issue with one of the new scripts hogging a lot of CPU
    and causing serious issues.
    It's smooth as butter now with 40+ players online and a significantly reduced server CPU load.
    We are currently working on getting our mod back online and we are getting really close to it.
    This will bring back our old systems like custom mixable dyes, additional crafts and skills and
    our brand new player run farming and a revamped death system.
    Over time we will drift a way a lot from the default game while trying to preserve the spirit of it.
  • Yorlik, is it possible that you could offer 700 skillpoints like in UO insteadt of 600. It would offer much more options.
  • I've never really understood why people ask for 700 skill points. It isn't uo. It doesn't have the same skills as UO and even the ones it does work differently. I'm sure they've given 600 because that is the balance they found works best for their game in not allowing everyone to be godmode.
    Esser said:

Yorlik, is it possible that you could offer 700 skillpoints like in UO insteadt of 600. It would offer much more options.

Our skill system will change a lot in the future and then not resemble UO or any other game anymore. It's one of our next milestones actually. We're going for a unique custom solution that has never been seen in a game - at least none we or the people we discussed it with know of.
  • @beater: Its not about allowing everyone to be godmode. Its about having more options to create
    mixed Skill-Characters. Like a Tank-Mage for example. A pure worrior with additional Hiding.
    With 600 you are quite limited. For sure you could split the point and do not to try to reach the
    full 100. But I prefer

@Yorlik:

If I invest the time to build up a character on your server, are you going to delete my character
    before the release of the game. Or what is your planing about that?
    @Esser we shouldn't discuss all this here (derailing the thread).
    If you have questions about Arcanima please visit us in our Discord:
    https://discord.gg/nhbqpYr