Final Alpha Update Notes

SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
Patch/hotfix notes will be updated in this thread.

Content

- Dragons Den Awakening spawn is now open in The Barrens and provides access to Tier III Prestige Abilities and loot.

Crafting

- Armor and weapon recipes have had their difficulty reduced.
- Resource nodes now display their contents correctly and have had their respawn rate increased.

Stealth

- Hiding is no longer possible within close proximity of players and monsters (negates partied players).
- Hidden plays are now visible to those stood in their immediate vicinity.
- A stealth bar now displays your freedom of movement whilst stealthing.
- Stealthing no longer has a random factor to break you from stealth.

Combat Balance

- Daze now stuns players for 1 second instead of 5.
- Effect of healing salve reduced.

Bugs

- Players are no longer ejected from their house upon death.
- Knowledge Helm now uses the correct model.
- Prestige trainers now allow you to retrain forgotten Prestige Abilities.

-

10.06.17 (ETA 5pm EST)

Content

- Halls of Ruin, Halls of Deception, and Dungeon Corruption are now open

Combat Balance

- Added Earthquake spell (crafted by scribes)
- Moved Poison Shot to Prestige ability
- Moved Double Shot to primary box ability
- Increased bow damage
- Removed Restoration skill
- Mage healing no longer dependant on force (based on manifestation skill)

Crafting

- Added blightwood and durable wood
- Added staves to inscription
- Changed bow recipes
- Added more high end crafting items to drops

Misc

- Reduced teleportation tower costs (again!)

-

- Evocation damage corrected, reducing magery damage in some instances significantly
- Will now correctly resists stun (0 - 50%)
- Wisdom now correctly resists magic damage (0 - 50%)
- Spell Damage Variance reduced
- Heavy Armor speed debuff decreased by 10%
- Charge now operates correctly & stuns the target immediately upon activation
- Mages no longer finish spells whilst stunned
- All potions now work correctly (Stack old potions on new to update them)
- Poison now correctly reduced the effect of bandages & salves (but not potions)
- Hamstring & Wound have had their effectiveness increased
- Teleportation Towers prices reduced
- Monster spawn radius increased
- Rogue Backstab ability tooltips corrected
- Can no longer hide whilst disabled
- House items can now be repacked
- Attempting a special ability when mounted will dismount you
- Spell range adjusted to 12 yards from various
- Arrow range adjusted to 14 yards from 20
- Guards will no longer attack reds in The Barrens & Black Forest Outposts
- Removed combat mode requirement for pets
- Morning Star is no longer called a Broadsword in craft menu
- Initiates no longer loose vitality on death
- Improved staff Power (requires a new staff)
- Recall now has a 10 second cast time

-

- Magical Guide can now be dismissed/will dismiss itself
- Mobs/Animals now wander
- Coal & Strand drop chance has increased
- Guards now have increased runspeed and attack

-

- Hearths added to oasis and tree house
- Fluffy cotten and strands now sometimes appear in cotten plants
- Instakill protection in sewer dungeons should work again
- Bugged crafting recipes removed
- Bowcrafting added to carpentry table

Comments

• Nice, thanks
  • Please add ore fix too plz, bow recipes not listed or craftable atm
  • i have a long bow recipe but dont know were to use it i have blacksmithing and carpentry but can see it..
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Took me a while to realize those where dates, in that strange order you use in USA :blush:
  • Supreem said:

- Hearths added to oasis and tree house
    - Fluffy cotten and strands now sometimes appear in cotten plants
    - Instakill protection in sewer dungeons should work again
    - Bugged crafting recipes removed
    - Bowcrafting added to carpentry table

- Magical Guide can now be dismissed/will dismiss itself
    - Mobs/Animals now wander
    - Coal & Strand drop chance has increased

Out of 100 cotton I got 1 strand and 42/57 fluffy cotton/cotton. Doesn't seem right. Fluffy cotton is worthless to me and no way of safely selling them since there is no trade or player vendors.
  • There are player vendors... Eldeir Village there's a whole slew of them you can hire. Also agree that Strand spawn needs work, maybe alternative sources?
  • MorgnesMorgnes Germany
    Raizjiel said:

Also agree that Strand spawn needs work, maybe alternative sources?

Nah just incease the cotton spawn itself, turn it into a node with a yield >1, and tweak the cotton/fluffy cotton/strand ratio.

If we compare strand to coal, strand is much harder to get since you get only 1 try per node, and the coal yield increases with your increase in mining (or so i heard) but since we dont have a harvesting skill.....

• Supreem said:

Don't rely on AI to keep up with players - Guards should teleport and instantly kill. Everything else can be cheated by players(seen many other game NPCs failing with pathfinding, range, no vision to target etc...)
  • edited October 2
    What about cooking? Raw Animal meat doesn't seem to serve the same function as it did in Shards, and you can't eat the bowl of stew either... Not operational yet?
  • you need a cooking pot to cook things now. Read Loa-newbie pinned articles in discord, should help a lot of people.
  • edited October 4
    Supreem said:

- Recall now has a 10 second cast time

is it possible to reduce the cast time to 3-4sec? in my opinion every player should have the chance to "recall" from pks and vice versa the pks should have a chance to interrupt the "recalling" player
  • As an advocate for pking... I disagree that recall should be 10 second cast. This pretty much removes any chance someone who is forced to adventure on foot had at escaping death. Why are we making it easier to PK? It is already way to easy with little to no punishments that as a PK I feel I'm being carebeared.

Either fix the mount system so it doesn't make gank squads overpowered or reduce recall cast time or provide at least some chance a victim can escape. Right now it is either attack back and hope you win which is nearly impossible in a gank or roll over and die. There is no flee option which is vital to non pvpers. Don't make any guaranteed flee option but give them at least a small chance.

And for those that say the solution is "stay in the safe zone" that is the lamest answer ever. Who would you PK if everyone wanting to engage in pve just sat in the guard zone?
  • Biggest problem with evocation was that the stat Wisdom wasn't working. Now we got a huge nerf to spell damage AND wisdom is working, meaning it's impossible for a mage to kill someone with 30+ wisdom before dying 3 to 4 times. You know magery is broken when gazers deal more damage with physical attacks than spells.

We definetely need a fix to vigor and weapon skills affecting skill damage and auto attack damage. Anyone can run with 20 piercing + 0 vigor and deal absurd damage with stab/backstab... and there is no stat like wisdom to lower the damage received from physical attacks... mages are forced to wear cloth armor and suck all the physical damage in.
  • mage is weakened and another class is a bit stronger.
  • Please lower the fail rates on Carpentry at GM levels.
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    edited October 6
    @Patrik the healing changes for mages makes the more effective healers

Also poison shot was what was making archers OP in pvp. So by moving it to a prestige ability they wont be able to use it as often.
  • FangorFangor Canada
    Poison shot is OP but don't go so drastic by making it prestige just lower the damage on the poison ticks and shot first .
  • Please decrease price of reagents... It's a theft!
  • The "War Spear" is not listed at BS. Can u add it pls? I have found Recipe and Materials for it. TY
  • MarikusMarikus Out there
    Arrow crafting has disappeared. Life for new archer is gonna suck if they have to buy them all, and now new carpenters will starve.
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    We just hotfixed the arrows going missing from the carpentry table. It will take effect on the next autorestart!
  • Supreem said:

We just hotfixed the arrows going missing from the carpentry table. It will take effect on the next autorestart!

thanks!
  • Supreem said:

@Patrik the healing changes for mages makes the more effective healers

Also poison shot was what was making archers OP in pvp. So by moving it to a prestige ability they wont be able to use it as often.

Supreem, wtf is going on? We were trying to kill 1 freaking mage with 2 GM Bashing warriors. He was healing himself like a worldchampion. We wasted 5 minutes 2 Warriors vs 1 Mage. He escaped easily. Its not even funny. Mage healing is OVERPOWERED. Its not possible to kill ANY mage 1vs1. Pls balance it - its just frustrating.
  • beater07beater07 America
    edited October 8
    Profi,

Maybe healing on mage isn't OP, and he was just a skilled mage that survived a gank from two mediocre warriors? And a 5 minute skirmish seems like a good amount of time for a fight. I'd hate to see battles last 20 seconds.

Something to consider at least.
  • beater07 said:

Profi,

Maybe healing on mage isn't OP, and he was just a skilled mage that survived a gank from two mediocre warriors? And a 5 minute skirmish seems like a good amount of time for a fight. I'd hate to see battles last 20 seconds.

Just try to fight GM mage 1vs1 and u will see what im talking about.
  • Profi said:

beater07 said:

Profi,

Just try to fight GM mage 1vs1 and u will see what im talking about.
    Mage healing isn't OP... he probably had manifestation AND healing and used both skills to heal himself, a video of the fight would be nice to make conclusions... As for 2 gm bashing warriors... we need to analyze which weapons were u using, because bashing at the moment is really weak, all u have are 2 second stuns, if either of u had poison to stop his healing, things would be easier.
  • Good luck getting a vendor to your house.
  • MoriensMoriens Australia
    Holy smokes the nodes are working well. thank you devs
  • ShnyrovahaShnyrovaha Odessa
    edited October 12
    Charge I must stun for 2 sec, not 1 .... after update - bugged
  • wow...just wow :(